Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:10:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151491 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #660 on: December 29, 2020, 03:17:45 PM »

Those things are pretty damn cool.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #661 on: December 29, 2020, 05:27:24 PM »

They've had a weird side effect in people who have had cosmetic facial fillers and gotten the vaccine.  Swelling in the area but easily treatable.

"Your immune system which causes inflammation is revved up when you get a vaccine, that's how it's supposed to work. So it makes sense that you would see an immune response in certain areas where they see some substance that is not a naturally occurring substance in your body" says Chi.

Knee/hip replacements, all those bone screws are not naturally occuring substances in your body.  Wonder if we will see more problems in this area?

https://abc11.com/health/moderna-vaccine-side-effect-for-those-with-cosmetic-facial-fillers/9083838/

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #662 on: December 29, 2020, 11:14:01 PM »

They've had a weird side effect in people who have had cosmetic facial fillers and gotten the vaccine.  Swelling in the area but easily treatable.

"Your immune system which causes inflammation is revved up when you get a vaccine, that's how it's supposed to work. So it makes sense that you would see an immune response in certain areas where they see some substance that is not a naturally occurring substance in your body" says Chi.

Knee/hip replacements, all those bone screws are not naturally occuring substances in your body.  Wonder if we will see more problems in this area?

https://abc11.com/health/moderna-vaccine-side-effect-for-those-with-cosmetic-facial-fillers/9083838/

I saw that the other day, very very strange side effect.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #663 on: December 30, 2020, 06:34:48 AM »

They've had a weird side effect in people who have had cosmetic facial fillers and gotten the vaccine.  Swelling in the area but easily treatable.

Knee/hip replacements, all those bone screws are not naturally occuring substances in your body.  Wonder if we will see more problems in this area?

Screws and pins (metal, basically) typically do not tend to trigger immuno responses in cases like this.  There's other materials used in typical orthopedic surgical repair that also are "immuno neutral".  The only time you would see a reaction is if there is some sort of existing metal sensitivity...which you would have known about right after the procedure.  If you had those sorts of post op reactions, it might be a good idea to consult your ortho MD and ask about having whatever your ortho doc gave you at that point to deal with the itchiness and edema.

Cosmetic surgical material is different.  Most of these procedures involved edema post op, as your body attacks the material and then makes peace with it.  It wouldn't surprise me to see some new swelling (which is pretty easily treatable) during the first 36 to 48 hours post vaccination.  This vaccine really does wake up your immune system and send it into overdrive.  

If ANY of these things are a concern for you, you should consult your MD and make plans to potentially deal with symptoms, and you should let the person who administers your vaccine know about your concerns.

We've given 10k vaccines so far where I work.  We've had one allergic reaction (urticaria aka hives) so far that was easily treatable and resolved in hours.

Hard to believe we start 2nd doses next week....
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 06:39:33 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #664 on: December 30, 2020, 06:36:08 AM »

Over here in Europe, vaccinations have started. Now they are trying to figure out if each vial of vaccine can be used for more shots than it states.

Each vial has more vaccine than the five doses it states.... So they overfill them, and then it turns out good leftover vaccine is discarded...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #665 on: December 30, 2020, 06:46:46 AM »

Over here in Europe, vaccinations have started. Now they are trying to figure out if each vial of vaccine can be used for more shots than it states.

Each vial has more vaccine than the five doses it states.... So they overfill them, and then it turns out good leftover vaccine is discarded...

/jarmo

It typically depends on the hypo/syringe you use, honestly.  Pretty much every vial of injectable medicine produced has overfill to accommodate for slight variances in the syringes used and air pressure differences that can occur at altitude.  The Pfizer vials, if you are using more precise syringes, seem to have one extra dose, plus a tiny bit more.  Stateside, the FDA says it's OK to use that extra dose, provided the vial contains .3ml of vaccine (the standard dose) or more.  

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #666 on: December 30, 2020, 07:02:11 AM »

Seems like they are awaiting approval from higher up to use the extra. Because the instructions are what they are...

But it's hundreds of doses that's gone to waste only in a few days.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #667 on: December 30, 2020, 01:38:56 PM »

I'm watching them give the vaccines individually.  I'm thinking we have a lot of folks to do, get the assembly line going, get faster at this.  Line up, roll up your sleeve, get your own bandaid at the end, go sit over there for 15 minutes.  Way they use to shoot us all in grade school.  Wonder how the supply of syringes is holding up?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #668 on: December 30, 2020, 09:50:11 PM »

They've had a weird side effect in people who have had cosmetic facial fillers and gotten the vaccine.  Swelling in the area but easily treatable.

Knee/hip replacements, all those bone screws are not naturally occuring substances in your body.  Wonder if we will see more problems in this area?

Screws and pins (metal, basically) typically do not tend to trigger immuno responses in cases like this.  There's other materials used in typical orthopedic surgical repair that also are "immuno neutral".  The only time you would see a reaction is if there is some sort of existing metal sensitivity...which you would have known about right after the procedure.  If you had those sorts of post op reactions, it might be a good idea to consult your ortho MD and ask about having whatever your ortho doc gave you at that point to deal with the itchiness and edema.

Cosmetic surgical material is different.  Most of these procedures involved edema post op, as your body attacks the material and then makes peace with it.  It wouldn't surprise me to see some new swelling (which is pretty easily treatable) during the first 36 to 48 hours post vaccination.  This vaccine really does wake up your immune system and send it into overdrive.  

If ANY of these things are a concern for you, you should consult your MD and make plans to potentially deal with symptoms, and you should let the person who administers your vaccine know about your concerns.

We've given 10k vaccines so far where I work.  We've had one allergic reaction (urticaria aka hives) so far that was easily treatable and resolved in hours.

Hard to believe we start 2nd doses next week....
Have you had your first yet?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #669 on: December 30, 2020, 09:56:34 PM »

Well another friend lost a family member to covid-19 last week. That's 9 friends of mine who have lost a combined 16 friends/famiy/coworkers. Now today a good friend was diagnosed with covid-19. It's pretty bad, she's barely been able to eat since last night. So far her oxygen and glucose levels are good. They couldn't admit her because they're short on beds. She is diabetic and a two time cancer survivor so she's extremely high risk. She has a VA nurse checking on her every few hours.

I hope Biden using the defense production act immediately upon taking office really ramps up production of these vaccines. I am so over this damn virus.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #670 on: December 31, 2020, 11:49:46 AM »

Well another friend lost a family member to covid-19 last week. That's 9 friends of mine who have lost a combined 16 friends/famiy/coworkers. Now today a good friend was diagnosed with covid-19. It's pretty bad, she's barely been able to eat since last night. So far her oxygen and glucose levels are good. They couldn't admit her because they're short on beds. She is diabetic and a two time cancer survivor so she's extremely high risk. She has a VA nurse checking on her every few hours.

I hope Biden using the defense production act immediately upon taking office really ramps up production of these vaccines. I am so over this damn virus.

She has to be scared.  She's one who should have been admitted with her medical history.  They are trying their best to keep people at home here too.

Mom found out a woman she had lunch with two weeks ago tested positive.  My sister is feeling guilty for not keeping a better eye on her.  Nobody's fault, the quality of her life is suffering keeping her at home.  There's a definite difference in her thought processes when she is able to get out and socialize.  She's losing her ability to move around from sitting so much.  I'm worried she's going to fall.

I don't think it's a production or distribution problem.  It's getting it in the arm.  We need a Henry Ford to step up and speed up the line.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #671 on: December 31, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »

Not yet. Patient facing people first (as it should be)...and I work from home, mostly.

I should get my scheduling email next week, and get my first dose the week after...assuming everything goes as it has, and according to plan.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #672 on: December 31, 2020, 05:45:41 PM »

She has to be scared.  She's one who should have been admitted with her medical history.  They are trying their best to keep people at home here too.

Mom found out a woman she had lunch with two weeks ago tested positive.  My sister is feeling guilty for not keeping a better eye on her.  Nobody's fault, the quality of her life is suffering keeping her at home.  There's a definite difference in her thought processes when she is able to get out and socialize.  She's losing her ability to move around from sitting so much.  I'm worried she's going to fall.

I don't think it's a production or distribution problem.  It's getting it in the arm.  We need a Henry Ford to step up and speed up the line.

I agree but if they don't have room they don't have room. She's a vet and her town only has one VA hospital. So she has no options. Her vitals have dropped a little but she managed to get some sleep last night.

Yikes, but 2 weeks out your mom should be in the clear for getting it.

It is tough but at her age she's extremely high risk.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #673 on: December 31, 2020, 05:47:03 PM »

Not yet. Patient facing people first (as it should be)...and I work from home, mostly.

I should get my scheduling email next week, and get my first dose the week after...assuming everything goes as it has, and according to plan.

Good luck, i hope yours is drama free and no reactions to it.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #674 on: December 31, 2020, 05:47:38 PM »

You guys hear about the pharmacist in Wisconsin that destroyed 500 doses and has been arrested and now charged for it?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #675 on: January 01, 2021, 01:09:06 AM »

You guys hear about the pharmacist in Wisconsin that destroyed 500 doses and has been arrested and now charged for it?

He got arrested?

Yeah I'm thinking mom is in the clear from that except we all just saw her.

St Louis covid deaths at 300.  Homicide at 262.  That's fucking sad.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 01:12:35 AM by cineater » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #676 on: January 02, 2021, 01:26:25 AM »

He got arrested?

Yeah I'm thinking mom is in the clear from that except we all just saw her.

St Louis covid deaths at 300.  Homicide at 262.  That's fucking sad.
Yep and charged with multiple crimes.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #677 on: January 02, 2021, 07:00:31 PM »

Report on the news tonight that the flu is down 98 percent.  Also colds and bronchitis is way down. 

I've noticed since I left work two years ago I have not had a cold.  Never had the flu from work until the day a supervisor came over to my desk burning up with a fever and obviously extremely sick.  Said she was on her way home but not before she gave it to half of the office.  She came into the office like that!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #678 on: January 03, 2021, 12:03:07 AM »

Hard to get a cold or the flu when people can't be in closed public places without a mask lol.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #679 on: January 03, 2021, 12:17:18 AM »

Hard to get a cold or the flu when people can't be in closed public places without a mask lol.

True but covid could be contained with that and that's not happening.  They contributed the decrease in travel from the southern hemisphere for the decrease in the flu this year.  Apparently the two hemispheres exchange it.  It runs in the winter and gets passed back and forth.  Flu shots also went up 11 percent.  Masks though may become a common excepted fashion accessory like a fitbit.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: