Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:17:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151297 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #720 on: January 26, 2021, 11:27:43 PM »

SuperPaintŪ With Sanitizing Technology*
Keep walls sanitized 24/7 with ongoing antibacterial action that prevents the spread of harmful germs on painted surfaces.

New paint product from Sherwin Williams.  It's good for up to 4 years.  I'm a little concerned about the chemicals in that.  How long was that tested?  Is this going to turn out like lead in paint?

It's also $67.49 a gallon.  Shocked
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 11:30:39 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #721 on: January 27, 2021, 12:50:10 AM »

You don't have a webcam?  Shocked

No  rofl  And when people find out they rush to try to help me get one.  Thanks, I have Amazon prime, I could have one on the door step in a few days.  You're very helpful but I'm not looking for another technology chain to my computer chair.

LOL days? Prime must be slow in your area. I get stuff same day or next day at worst.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #722 on: January 27, 2021, 12:56:45 AM »

No  rofl  And when people find out they rush to try to help me get one.  Thanks, I have Amazon prime, I could have one on the door step in a few days.  You're very helpful but I'm not looking for another technology chain to my computer chair.

LOL days? Prime must be slow in your area. I get stuff same day or next day at worst.

I know, when did that start?  I was use to the 3 days for prime members but lately it's the next day.  My options say next day or the second day if I'm willing to combine the boxes on most stuff I order.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #723 on: January 27, 2021, 06:26:07 AM »

We're in the middle of nowhere in CT.  Most of our stuff is 2nd day, but a fair amount comes next day too.

Mostly delivered directly by Amazon, too.

We order a LOT of stuff from them.....keeps us home and not out in the stores.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #724 on: January 27, 2021, 10:23:15 AM »

We're in the middle of nowhere in CT.  Most of our stuff is 2nd day, but a fair amount comes next day too.

I'm not a shopping person to begin with, I pretty much limit it to the grocery store now.  I've got that down to every 4 to 6 weeks.  I'm about to take grocery shopping to curbside pick up.  With Amazon though I've noticed I've started shopping.  hihi

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #725 on: January 27, 2021, 10:34:17 AM »

I'm not a shopping person to begin with, I pretty much limit it to the grocery store now.  I've got that down to every 4 to 6 weeks.  I'm about to take grocery shopping to curbside pick up.  With Amazon though I've noticed I've started shopping.  hihi

Yeah, we constantly need "stuff".  There's 5 people in the house...and someone always seems to need something.  Health and Beauty type stuff (the stuff that you can get at the grocery store, but it's expensive), school supplies (all 3 kids...even the one in college....are 100% online), something.

We grocery shop weekly.  Again, there's 5 of us.  Our fridges (2 of them) and freezers can only hold so much.  We grow a lot of our own veggies, especially in the spring and summer (right now it's the leafy stuff in our greenhouse) and can a ton, too.  But protein and dairy we gotta do every week.

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #726 on: January 27, 2021, 01:50:23 PM »

Yeah, we constantly need "stuff".  There's 5 people in the house...and someone always seems to need something.  Health and Beauty type stuff (the stuff that you can get at the grocery store, but it's expensive), school supplies (all 3 kids...even the one in college....are 100% online), something.

We grocery shop weekly.  Again, there's 5 of us.  Our fridges (2 of them) and freezers can only hold so much.  We grow a lot of our own veggies, especially in the spring and summer (right now it's the leafy stuff in our greenhouse) and can a ton, too.  But protein and dairy we gotta do every week.

It's just me and the cats.  I use to foster teenage boys.  No time to shop, I have a long list of shit we need, get in there and fill up the cart.  hihi

You're a gardener?  And have a greenhouse?  Cheesy  I have that stuff through a group.  I play at veggies and don't can.  I'm the flower person.  Our greenhouse opens next week preparing for a big plant sale.  I have sprouts growing up in my back room to take in to transplant.  Love growing stuff.

WTF, two maybe three masks and a booster shot?  We're still in survival mode with this.  When are we going to get out ahead of it?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #727 on: January 27, 2021, 07:42:34 PM »

I know, when did that start?  I was use to the 3 days for prime members but lately it's the next day.  My options say next day or the second day if I'm willing to combine the boxes on most stuff I order.

In my area it all depends on a few things, how early in the day you order it and the facility it originates. For instance they have a facility in my city. When it originates there typically it takes overnight. All the other facilities in the area it will get there that day. Figure that one out.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #728 on: January 27, 2021, 07:45:48 PM »

Same, especially since we became prime members just over a year ago. I mostly got it for prime video to watch the Expanse as well as other shows. The delivery services like fresh have definitely come in handy since the shit hit the fan with covid-19. Even more so now that they accept EBT payment in my area. We also use Kroger delivery quite a bit as well.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #729 on: January 27, 2021, 08:07:49 PM »

You're a gardener?  And have a greenhouse?  Cheesy  I have that stuff through a group.  I play at veggies and don't can.  I'm the flower person.  Our greenhouse opens next week preparing for a big plant sale.  I have sprouts growing up in my back room to take in to transplant.  Love growing stuff.

WTF, two maybe three masks and a booster shot?  We're still in survival mode with this.  When are we going to get out ahead of it?

Yup, gardening is my zen.  We are mostly veggies, but we do grow mums and chamomile, too.  Built the greenhouse last year. It's 10ft by 12 ft, has built in drip irrigation, and grow lights. It's basically so we can grow leafy stuff (LEGAL leafy stuff!) over the winter and do seed starts for the garden in early February.  We actually will be planting next weekend.

I'm still not doing double layer masks.  I don't go out enough, and I'm not close enough to people long enough for it to matter.  If I was working on site, I would.

My wife and daughter both do.  My wife is Store Management at a mom and pop grocery store, and my daughter is a pricing coordinator at the same store.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 08:16:20 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #730 on: January 27, 2021, 09:17:26 PM »

You're a gardener?  And have a greenhouse?  Cheesy  I have that stuff through a group.  I play at veggies and don't can.  I'm the flower person.  Our greenhouse opens next week preparing for a big plant sale.  I have sprouts growing up in my back room to take in to transplant.  Love growing stuff.

WTF, two maybe three masks and a booster shot?  We're still in survival mode with this.  When are we going to get out ahead of it?

Yup, gardening is my zen.  We are mostly veggies, but we do grow mums and chamomile, too.  Built the greenhouse last year. It's 10ft by 12 ft, has built in drip irrigation, and grow lights. It's basically so we can grow leafy stuff (LEGAL leafy stuff!) over the winter and do seed starts for the garden in early February.  We actually will be planting next weekend.

I'm still not doing double layer masks.  I don't go out enough, and I'm not close enough to people long enough for it to matter.  If I was working on site, I would.

My wife and daughter both do.  My wife is Store Management at a mom and pop grocery store, and my daughter is a pricing coordinator at the same store.

I keep telling my gardening group I'm the labor not the brains.  They tell me I know more that I think I do.  Hey I'm trying not to think.  I just want to play in the dirt.  Then I get corrected.  It's soil.  hihi  If my friend Soon shows up we'll start a gardening thread.  He's up by you and heavily into veggies.  Call him Captain Kale.

Amazon now has an option for me to go some place to pick up if I want.  I guess they are taking over in town.

I'm not doing double layers but I am preparing for March.  I'm going for socially isolated.  I finally got to where life is sweet, god damn it, I have a reason to live!  Grin

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #731 on: January 28, 2021, 12:11:48 AM »

I keep telling my gardening group I'm the labor not the brains.  They tell me I know more that I think I do.  Hey I'm trying not to think.  I just want to play in the dirt.  Then I get corrected.  It's soil.  hihi  If my friend Soon shows up we'll start a gardening thread.  He's up by you and heavily into veggies.  Call him Captain Kale.

Amazon now has an option for me to go some place to pick up if I want.  I guess they are taking over in town.

I'm not doing double layers but I am preparing for March.  I'm going for socially isolated.  I finally got to where life is sweet, god damn it, I have a reason to live!  Grin

You must be in one of the places they have a fresh store. They are starting to open so you can go pick it up.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #732 on: January 28, 2021, 12:13:11 AM »

I've never had a webcam in my life.  Never needed to chat with underage girls.  There's trouble to be found there!   Shocked  If there is a webcam installed in my computer, I wouldn't know how to use it.  I also hate zoom meetings and haven't really mastered them so my face shows up on their end.

I don't have Amazon prime.  If I do order shit, it comes in a few days.  But I don't order enough shit to warrant paying for Prime.

I shop at Dollar Tree.  Chicken Noodle Soup comes in 25% bigger cans there.  Oh hell yeah.

I don't know, I guess I'm a simple bastard who didn't evolve.  Or devolve.

Sue me.  You'll lose and I'll gouge you for lawyer costs and I still won't get a webcam or Prime.   hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #733 on: January 28, 2021, 01:51:35 AM »

I've never had a webcam in my life.  Never needed to chat with underage girls.  There's trouble to be found there!   Shocked  If there is a webcam installed in my computer, I wouldn't know how to use it.  I also hate zoom meetings and haven't really mastered them so my face shows up on their end.

I don't have Amazon prime.  If I do order shit, it comes in a few days.  But I don't order enough shit to warrant paying for Prime.

I shop at Dollar Tree.  Chicken Noodle Soup comes in 25% bigger cans there.  Oh hell yeah.

Sue me.  You'll lose and I'll gouge you for lawyer costs and I still won't get a webcam or Prime.   hihi

rofl
cineater
Legend

« Reply #734 on: January 28, 2021, 02:16:24 AM »

I didn't have a cell phone until a year and half ago.  You know, if you don't need it, you don't needed.  If you need it and get it, you'll figure out how to use it.  And fuck anybody who tries to shame you into shit.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #735 on: January 28, 2021, 02:20:16 AM »

You must be in one of the places they have a fresh store. They are starting to open so you can go pick it up.

The outer zone of the St Louis suburbs.  We get everything a little bit behind the trend.  I figure it was to avoid porch pirates.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #736 on: January 28, 2021, 10:35:37 PM »

I didn't have a cell phone until a year and half ago. 

What a coincidence -- I got my first contemporary cell phone 18 months ago.  Until then, I had a flip phone that couldn't text.   hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #737 on: January 29, 2021, 12:07:00 AM »

I didn't have a cell phone until a year and half ago. 

What a coincidence -- I got my first contemporary cell phone 18 months ago.  Until then, I had a flip phone that couldn't text.   hihi
Oh wow! i ditched my first flip phone back in 2009.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #738 on: January 29, 2021, 01:08:34 PM »

Don't know if it's the same thing or if I'm using the right terms here.  How long after the vaccines for polio and small poxes did it to make them not be a major concern?  How long did it take them to perfect those vaccines?

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #739 on: January 29, 2021, 02:05:01 PM »

Oh wow! i ditched my first flip phone back in 2009.

I told you I hated change.... you thought I was lying, didn't you!!   Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: