Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:04:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151385 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #740 on: January 29, 2021, 05:49:01 PM »

Oh wow! i ditched my first flip phone back in 2009.

I told you I hated change.... you thought I was lying, didn't you!!   Tongue

People think I hate change.  That's not it.  It's more, when you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember your objective was to drain the swamp. 

I have my routine down and I accomplish a lot of shit.  To change it up throws off the whole thing.  Now you've open the gate and I have alligators escaping, so to speak.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #741 on: February 01, 2021, 09:19:01 AM »

My last flip phone was 1998 I think, I have only ever owned one  hihi
cineater
Legend

« Reply #742 on: February 01, 2021, 09:35:22 AM »

Anyone see the panda body surfing in the snow at the National Zoo?  omg it was so cute.  Nice little break from the covid news, news in general.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #743 on: February 01, 2021, 10:27:25 AM »

Anyone see the panda body surfing in the snow at the National Zoo?  omg it was so cute.  Nice little break from the covid news, news in general.

That was one very happy panda!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #744 on: February 01, 2021, 12:57:05 PM »

BioNTech/Pfizer pledge up to 75 million extra doses to EU  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #745 on: February 01, 2021, 04:22:06 PM »

BioNTech/Pfizer pledge up to 75 million extra doses to EU  ok

/jarmo

I got my vaccine. The EU are just slow at all and every
cineater
Legend

« Reply #746 on: February 03, 2021, 06:44:58 PM »

I'm thinking the later I get the vaccine the better.  Give them a chance to tweak the vaccine and work out better distribution.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #747 on: February 04, 2021, 04:49:13 PM »

I'm thinking the later I get the vaccine the better.  Give them a chance to tweak the vaccine and work out better distribution.

It'll become the like the flu vaccine, they'll tweak it every year. It's been rolled out in Israel and it's done well there. The Pfizer one has been rolled out here, it is rubbish at preventing spread, but it does lower the symptoms dramatically, and it works with older people. We're seeing it in practice now, and that's the way it is working out. The Oxford one is great at preventing the spread, but it slightly less effective at symptoms, but it s completely fine.

It's all good, I would just get it, then it'll just get boosted as you go. The research surrounding the new strains is jumbled. Viruses commonly mutate, it is their thing. One thing to point out is that many people who have died have died with covid and not of covid. It just seems to speed up death, I think once the vaccines settle in, you'll see the general mortality statistics dip, it is what happened here after the first peak. I know quite a few people who have died, and 95 per cent of them had something else, and were going to die anyway. There are a few anomalies, but you get that with flu, measles, chicken pox, all the diseases out there.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #748 on: February 04, 2021, 06:31:26 PM »

It'll become the like the flu vaccine, they'll tweak it every year. It's been rolled out in Israel and it's done well there. The Pfizer one has been rolled out here, it is rubbish at preventing spread, but it does lower the symptoms dramatically, and it works with older people. We're seeing it in practice now, and that's the way it is working out. The Oxford one is great at preventing the spread, but it slightly less effective at symptoms, but it s completely fine.

It's all good, I would just get it, then it'll just get boosted as you go. The research surrounding the new strains is jumbled. Viruses commonly mutate, it is their thing. One thing to point out is that many people who have died have died with covid and not of covid. It just seems to speed up death, I think once the vaccines settle in, you'll see the general mortality statistics dip, it is what happened here after the first peak. I know quite a few people who have died, and 95 per cent of them had something else, and were going to die anyway. There are a few anomalies, but you get that with flu, measles, chicken pox, all the diseases out there.

I have yet to know anybody who has got it.  I'm in the last group who the vaccine will be made available to.  Our numbers have dropped from the holiday high.  I plan to get in line when they let me but I'm a solidary creature to begin with.  Face to face with folks is not that hard for me to do without.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #749 on: February 04, 2021, 06:39:06 PM »

Here in Sweden, we will probably get a vaccine passport as well. Something digital to use as proof that you got the vaccine.

That could open up travel and such faster....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #750 on: February 04, 2021, 08:50:45 PM »

Here in Sweden, we will probably get a vaccine passport as well. Something digital to use as proof that you got the vaccine.

/jarmo

It would but I would still expect some kind of testing before you can get on the plane.  And some places like Hawaii and New Zealand are quarantining people before you are allowed to move about the country.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #751 on: February 05, 2021, 06:39:04 AM »

It's up to the countries to decide who they'll let in and who they won't.

We already have the Yellow Fever vaccination requirement in many countries.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #752 on: February 05, 2021, 08:53:24 AM »

/jarmo

I think we'll see some sort of Passport over in the states, too.  It may be "voluntary", but I expect things like air travel, sporting/event attendence, and maybe even theme park attendence to use it.  I don't know that they will restrict you from those things without one...but they may add some restrictions/requirements if you don't have one (aka: You have to wear a mask, or buy 3 seats, or whatever.).  We'll see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #753 on: February 08, 2021, 06:27:27 AM »

Got some rather upsetting news today from my BFF's brother. Covid-19 damaged his heart further. He now has to have defibrillator put in, he has to stop working and go on disability. This is why i get so mad at people who downplay this damn virus.  Cry
cineater
Legend

« Reply #754 on: February 08, 2021, 01:08:46 PM »

Got some rather upsetting news today from my BFF's brother. Covid-19 damaged his heart further. He now has to have defibrillator put in, he has to stop working and go on disability. This is why i get so mad at people who downplay this damn virus.  Cry

It should not be this hard but tell him to get a lawyer to get that disability from social security.  You'd think it would be obvious but SS doesn't not want to approve anybody for disability.  My brother's stroke should have made him eligible but they told him he could still work, take tickets at a movie theater.  Actually he couldn't even do that but they thought he could for a "few hours" a day.  The uber to get him there would have cost more than he earned, that's if anybody would hire him, let him sit in a wheel chair and be okay with him being unable to read those tickets.  Never should have had to hire a lawyer to get what he had paid into for years.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #755 on: February 09, 2021, 03:35:36 AM »

It should not be this hard but tell him to get a lawyer to get that disability from social security.  You'd think it would be obvious but SS doesn't not want to approve anybody for disability.  My brother's stroke should have made him eligible but they told him he could still work, take tickets at a movie theater.  Actually he couldn't even do that but they thought he could for a "few hours" a day.  The uber to get him there would have cost more than he earned, that's if anybody would hire him, let him sit in a wheel chair and be okay with him being unable to read those tickets.  Never should have had to hire a lawyer to get what he had paid into for years.

That is all kinds of messed up.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #756 on: February 09, 2021, 01:18:13 PM »

I hate to say it but I think they were stalling as they do with a lot of folks banking on he would die and they wouldn't have to put him on.  On average it takes about 2 years and a lawyer involved to get your social security disability.  I never would have believed it but something changed in how they determine eligibility a while back and it's been a nightmare since.  Might have something to do with Medicare too because after you've been on disability for two years you don't have to wait until you are 65 to get it.  You're adding unhealthy people to the overall group and bringing up costs.

They found the more contagious UK variant in my state.  My daughter is nuts if she thinks we're having a wedding reception in June for 250 people.  She's already had one little bridezilla moment here.  I'm expecting a few more.  hihi  I'm not sure what to do to help make this special for her but working with me would help.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #757 on: February 09, 2021, 02:51:32 PM »

I do have to say the pandemic has given me the time to be kinder and more considerate to those around me.  Yeah it makes me feel good too.  I'm busy this morning sending valentines out to friends and family.  This is cool and more fun then you think.  hihi  I'm wondering if anybody else thought of this and if I'll get some.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #758 on: February 10, 2021, 12:14:05 AM »

I hate to say it but I think they were stalling as they do with a lot of folks banking on he would die and they wouldn't have to put him on.  On average it takes about 2 years and a lawyer involved to get your social security disability.  I never would have believed it but something changed in how they determine eligibility a while back and it's been a nightmare since.  Might have something to do with Medicare too because after you've been on disability for two years you don't have to wait until you are 65 to get it.  You're adding unhealthy people to the overall group and bringing up costs.

They found the more contagious UK variant in my state.  My daughter is nuts if she thinks we're having a wedding reception in June for 250 people.  She's already had one little bridezilla moment here.  I'm expecting a few more.  hihi  I'm not sure what to do to help make this special for her but working with me would help.
Kids lol
cineater
Legend

« Reply #759 on: February 10, 2021, 03:39:27 PM »

Kids lol

She finally admitted this morning the wedding probably won't happen.  I let that ride because who wants to deal with bridezilla at breakfast.  hihi  I had my kid back and I wasn't going to test the waters.

They report our numbers are back down to where they were in August.  St Louis County can go back to 50 percent in restaurants.  Think that's more because the restaurants are suing. 

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: