Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:40:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151518 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #800 on: March 08, 2021, 07:10:18 AM »

Feeling just fine, arm is a little sore but nothing i can't deal with.

Good to hear!

Unfortunately, our Governor screwed the pooch on this.  No slot for high risk, no slot for front line workers.  He elected to ignore CDC guidelines and simply go with age based brackets. Super dumb.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #801 on: March 08, 2021, 09:43:26 PM »

My neighbor said she got a bad headache both times.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #802 on: March 18, 2021, 11:05:43 PM »

As of April 9th all adults in Missouri are eligible to get the vaccine.  We're going ahead with the wedding June 4th.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #803 on: March 19, 2021, 01:30:28 AM »

Hope it goes ok and nobody gets covid.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #804 on: March 19, 2021, 02:02:59 PM »

Hope it goes ok and nobody gets covid.

They are heading to Alaska a few days after for the honeymoon.  My sister and I are on standby to take that trip for them if they get covid.  hihi  We're getting out shots.

I'm kind of anxious to get this done.  This is the last planned, major event in my life that I have to pay for.  Never knew those had a end.  Somebody mentioned the funeral.  In my mind that's when you get cashed out.  I'm not paying for that in advance.  That can come out of what's left.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #805 on: March 19, 2021, 06:33:06 PM »

When are you all getting your shots?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #806 on: March 19, 2021, 06:43:18 PM »

I just checked, I am not eligible yet.

On another note, my job got shut down because 16 people tested positive.  They are thinking they might be false positives, but of course an abundance of precautions are being taken.  Some 200 employees went through a drive-through testing today.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 06:44:53 PM by Bridge » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #807 on: March 19, 2021, 09:03:28 PM »

On another note, my job got shut down because 16 people tested positive.  They are thinking they might be false positives, but of course an abundance of precautions are being taken.  Some 200 employees went through a drive-through testing today.

Yikes, i hope they are false positives.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #808 on: March 19, 2021, 10:52:31 PM »

Most the old people have had it.  I signed up today in every place I could.  It will likely be a mix of people.  There are no restrictions at this time.  Apparently they have been holding events with no problems.  Guest beware, you knw the situation.  The wedding is outside and family only.  The reception though is over 200 people with food and dancing.  We'll see who wants to come.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #809 on: March 19, 2021, 11:00:30 PM »

Are they paying you during the shut down?

Boeing quit freaking out like that.  Nobody gets off work until they test positive.  My old job continues to work remotely.  Hiring freeze and I doubt they will maintain the office space after this.  They were already heading towards working remotely.  This was what they needed to show it could be done.  Files had already went electronic and they had all the equipment already signed out to staff who were allowed to work from home a couple times a month.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #810 on: March 19, 2021, 11:05:36 PM »

Most the old people have had it.  I signed up today in every place I could.  It will likely be a mix of people.  There are no restrictions at this time.  Apparently they have been holding events with no problems.  Guest beware, you knw the situation.  The wedding is outside and family only.  The reception though is over 200 people with food and dancing.  We'll see who wants to come.

My mom finally got her first dose yesterday after being on the list for awhile.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #811 on: March 20, 2021, 09:51:16 PM »

Are they paying you during the shut down

I got paid for the one day I missed this past week. But now they have shut us down for the entirety of next week. I have no idea if I will get paid, but I am guessing not.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #812 on: March 21, 2021, 12:03:52 AM »

Are they paying you during the shut down

I got paid for the one day I missed this past week. But now they have shut us down for the entirety of next week. I have no idea if I will get paid, but I am guessing not.
That really sucks.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #813 on: March 22, 2021, 06:49:28 PM »

Turns out I got to work after all.  Nearly two full departments have been quarantined though, and are out of work.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #814 on: March 23, 2021, 11:02:57 AM »

I find it hard to believe gas prices are going up because demand exceeds supply.  None of the gas stations are running out.  Nobody I know is reducing their use because of the price.  What we've got here is an increased need and price gouging is the way I see it.  I've never understood the price of gasoline.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #815 on: March 23, 2021, 08:16:32 PM »

I find it hard to believe gas prices are going up because demand exceeds supply.  None of the gas stations are running out.  Nobody I know is reducing their use because of the price.  What we've got here is an increased need and price gouging is the way I see it.  I've never understood the price of gasoline.

They are definitely gouging. You also have to consider all the refineries that were affected by the winter storm just a month ago.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #816 on: March 23, 2021, 10:30:57 PM »

I find it hard to believe gas prices are going up because demand exceeds supply.  None of the gas stations are running out.  Nobody I know is reducing their use because of the price.  What we've got here is an increased need and price gouging is the way I see it.  I've never understood the price of gasoline.

They are definitely gouging. You also have to consider all the refineries that were affected by the winter storm just a month ago.

Okay if the ones in the south didn't have their own power generators after all the hurricanes, there's something wrong there.  They definitely have the gas to run them.  Yeah, I don't know but I thought we had stock piles of that stuff.

Stuff is starting to open up here.  The poor weather man had to go into the studio instead of broadcasting from his home.  I know he lives about 40 minutes from the studio so not only does he get up early now he's back to really getting up early.  I'm okay if he wants to keep doing it from home.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #817 on: March 23, 2021, 11:18:03 PM »

That's part of it too. Things opening up, more people are out buying gas.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #818 on: March 23, 2021, 11:18:28 PM »

Getting my second covid vaccine shot Thursday afternoon.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #819 on: March 24, 2021, 10:20:13 AM »

Getting my second covid vaccine shot Thursday afternoon.

I'm starting to panic.  I know I'm in the last group and it's not my turn yet but a lot of my friends are getting them.  Didn't know so many of my friends had pre existing conditions.  I'm kind of like, how did I not ended up with all these problems?  You folks took semi good care of yourselves and I've been beating the shit out of this body my whole life.  hihi

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: