Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:48:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151244 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #920 on: August 05, 2021, 02:39:39 PM »

I know in food service they get vaccines for hepatitis and hospital workers get the flu shot.  Not sure if that's required or just a business practice?  I think businesses will do what they need to do to stay open.  But who can argue with we have a national health emergency and the government can take steps to protect people?

Most healthcare organizations (including my employer) have mandated vaccination with compliance (both shots) ordered by late September.

Many state agencies are doing the same.  Universities, too.

Some larger employers are starting to consider it, too (Tech companies, Airlines, Disney, Walgreens, Walmart (executives, regional managers, and all new hires)).

It's coming.  It's just taking awhile.
Hope my mom's boyfriend's company requires it. I know he won''t get it otherwise.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #921 on: August 19, 2021, 01:02:47 AM »

Why would they send the kids back to school without a mask mandate?  Seems foolish to me.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #922 on: August 19, 2021, 04:30:06 PM »

To score political points with their ignorant base. It doesn't matter to them how many kids they sacrifice in the process.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #923 on: August 26, 2021, 11:31:43 PM »

My friend was set to retire at the end of next week.  They sent her a replacement to train.  She found out the replacement wasn't vaccinated so my friend quit on the spot.  She's leaving to help care for her grandbaby and didn't want to risk it. 

Interesting twist.  The employer has a right to require employees to be vaccinated but does the employee have a right to refuse to work with unvaccinated coworkers?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #924 on: August 30, 2021, 02:40:20 PM »

My friend was set to retire at the end of next week.  They sent her a replacement to train.  She found out the replacement wasn't vaccinated so my friend quit on the spot.  She's leaving to help care for her grandbaby and didn't want to risk it. 

Interesting twist.  The employer has a right to require employees to be vaccinated but does the employee have a right to refuse to work with unvaccinated coworkers?

I'd like to see that one play out in the courts.  It would be interesting.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #925 on: August 30, 2021, 07:03:52 PM »

I'd like to see that one play out in the courts.  It would be interesting.

No more courts and fights over who has the authority.  St Louis county finally initiated a mask mandate after fighting over who had the authority to issue it.  I think the court response was for them to work together.  More than a month went by, the kids went back to school and they wasted money on legal fees just so the county counsel could say they made the decision over the county executive.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #926 on: September 14, 2021, 06:39:14 PM »

Two months notice and my daughter's hospital has a staffing shortage in what they call care partners because they haven't complied with the vaccine rules.  They suspended everybody who didn't.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #927 on: September 14, 2021, 10:11:28 PM »

I don't understand how you can be in health care and anti vaxxer
cineater
Legend

« Reply #928 on: September 14, 2021, 11:23:48 PM »

I don't understand how you can be an adult and think you can spew excuses for why you didn't do what you needed to do to keep your job.   hihi

They didn't have to get vaccinated.  Just turn in a form saying you agreed to get tested every week at the employer's expense.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #929 on: September 14, 2021, 11:34:55 PM »

I don't understand how you can be an adult and think you can spew excuses for why you didn't do what you needed to do to keep your job.   hihi

They didn't have to get vaccinated.  Just turn in a form saying you agreed to get tested every week at the employer's expense.

You know the saying you can't fix stupid.  rofl
cineater
Legend

« Reply #930 on: September 15, 2021, 02:55:21 PM »

You know the saying you can't fix stupid.  rofl

If we could just get them out of the gene pool.   hihi

Geez my friend's 93 year old mother in law just left yesterday after being here for a week and they found her dead on the floor this morning.  Those last hugs and words of love just may be the last, don't put those off.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #931 on: September 16, 2021, 04:43:16 AM »

My condolences
cineater
Legend

« Reply #932 on: September 16, 2021, 01:19:55 PM »

My condolences

She got a happy ending. She had spent the week with two of her kids and got to die quick at home.  For your last days, at her age, she had a pretty one.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #933 on: September 17, 2021, 01:30:30 AM »

The Republican next door got hit with vaccinate or take weekly tests.   hihi  He's worked himself up into a fine fit.  I almost spit out my coffee when he wanted to claim he couldn't get the shot because he was Catholic.   hihi  You know he wants to fight and I'm not getting sucked into it.  I'm just no fun like that.  You want to lose your job at age 60, go ahead, excersie all your choices.  I'm just going to sit here and bait you to as far as we go with the ridiculous here.  He's all worked up and I was very entertained.   rofl

Just to fuck with these folks can we change the rules to all vaccines for adults from here on out goes in the ass?   hihi

Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #934 on: October 04, 2021, 04:50:02 PM »

Being in the military I got all sorts of shots. It's like nothing to me. So when it came time to get the COVID vaccine? I could've card less. Shoot me up! No side effects and no COVID so far.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #935 on: October 04, 2021, 10:47:36 PM »

Being in the military I got all sorts of shots. It's like nothing to me. So when it came time to get the COVID vaccine? I could've card less. Shoot me up! No side effects and no COVID so far.

Were you deployed?  Haven't seen you forever.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #936 on: October 19, 2021, 11:29:07 PM »

With costs rising and supply chains disrupted a little reminder, next year is 2022.  "Soilent Green is people."  Some of those people in the movie are wearing masks.  Just saying.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #937 on: October 22, 2021, 04:40:42 PM »

I don't know.  I've been ignoring covid since I got my vaccine.  Joe wants to know if we can go back to indoor meetings with our group of about 75.  I'm saying no, lets keep it on zoom for the winter months and outdoors in the summer.  I'm thinking we can resume our indoor seeding parties with about 20 people in the big room with growers stopping by to pick up the flats.  I'm thinking everybody should wear masks.  Are there any recommendations for crowd gatherings?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #938 on: October 22, 2021, 08:37:02 PM »

I wouldn't do it unless everyone is vaccinated and wearing masks.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #939 on: October 22, 2021, 08:37:38 PM »

I'll be getting my covid booster shot on November 3rd.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: