Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151264 times)
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1100 on: December 29, 2022, 03:19:43 PM »

My friend's dad passed this morning.  For all our hopes that we just drop dead, I think it's better if you linger a while.  Give your family a chance to accept it while you're still there.
My deepest condolences.

I was afraid before having a critical surgery two months ago, the first time in my life due to a pituitary tumor diagnosis. Thank God I am recovering and I hope for a positive result in my next studies. Talking about it with my family is still difficult, we never expect to face the reality after a death among your loved ones.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1101 on: December 29, 2022, 07:57:01 PM »

My friend's dad passed this morning.  For all our hopes that we just drop dead, I think it's better if you linger a while.  Give your family a chance to accept it while you're still there.
My deepest condolences.

I was afraid before having a critical surgery two months ago, the first time in my life due to a pituitary tumor diagnosis. Thank God I am recovering and I hope for a positive result in my next studies. Talking about it with my family is still difficult, we never expect to face the reality after a death among your loved ones.

Got that going on with a couple of my friends.  They are limbo until the next test results.  And there's always another test after that and another one and another one.  Good luck to you, keep fighting.

The news didn't get any better.  My neighbor, Mike, works for Boeing in the paint department.  There's something toxic in the paint.  Chromium or something like that.  He broke out in a rash several months ago.  He keeps mentioning the chromium to the doctors and finally one doctor looked it up.  Yeah his rash looks like those symptoms.  The doctor is testing for it.  Eventually it leads to cancer.  They just condemned his work break area because the place was covered in it.  He'll get the results Monday.  It's a long way to Monday when you're trying to out ride death.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1102 on: December 31, 2022, 11:42:15 PM »

His blood tests came back negative.  Smiley And in early.  Good thing because he was freaking out.  Rightfully so but really freaking out.

Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1103 on: January 04, 2023, 08:31:20 PM »

His blood tests came back negative.  Smiley And in early.  Good thing because he was freaking out.  Rightfully so but really freaking out.

Excellent news, I hope he can recover soon.

In my case, the next study is in two months, in the meantime I am undergoing treatment to regularize three hormones outside the parameter and continue with the preventive measures, due to the fact that there are again cases of contagion of the COVID variants.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1104 on: January 04, 2023, 11:44:18 PM »

Excellent news, I hope he can recover soon.

In my case, the next study is in two months, in the meantime I am undergoing treatment to regularize three hormones outside the parameter and continue with the preventive measures, due to the fact that there are again cases of contagion of the COVID variants.

I'm worried the blood tests don't tell the whole story with him.  He's worked in this area for 14 years.  He's been exposed for a long time.  The good news is he's 62.  I figure it takes the cancer a long time to show itself with a little luck he will die of natural causes before the cancer becomes an issue.

So you have two months to worry about the next test and get yourself through treatment.  I'm going to suggest something I found that really just occupies my mind, I can do almost any where and just calms my ass down.  It's called zentangle, basically it's doodling.  Just need a pen and a piece of paper.  There's some geometrical designs that are very easy.  You can get more complicated, buy a book, that they take you step by step through before you start to do it freely.  I lean towards the plant type designs but there's all kinds of designs you can copy.  I can totally lose myself doing that.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1105 on: March 21, 2023, 11:49:52 PM »

Nooo, saw one of my leads at the plant sale Saturday.  She didn't look good.  Tested positive for covid yesterday.  Great, the last event we had a quarter of the people got covid.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1106 on: April 27, 2023, 10:31:16 PM »

Mom thanked me again for her incontinence underwear.  Says she threw out all her other underwear.  I know it means a lot to her.  She's going out again to her activities.  She's taken up using a cane to steady herself.  I'm a little worried she is always reach out to hold onto something.  One of these days she's going to reach too far and fall.  Not quit sure what to do about that.  Says she walks enough in the house but it's the pain in the legs that makes her unstable.  And she's not that strong to really hold onto anything.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1107 on: May 09, 2023, 11:35:13 PM »

I passed my CAT scan.  I don't have lung cancer (yet).  Just routine screenings.  Skin cancer and bone density screenings to go.

I was there, I don't know why they didn't scan the whole body while they were at it.  Get a baseline.

My biggest health problem right now is not getting gunned down on the streets of St Louis minding my own business.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:53:30 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1108 on: May 14, 2023, 08:16:42 PM »

Ouch.  As long as I keep my leg straight my knee is okay.  Bend it and it starts to ache.  Bend it too much and pain shoots all the way to the hip and down to the other knee.  Have to use cruise control when I drive.  Not sure what I did.  It's not bruised or swollen.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1109 on: May 15, 2023, 03:09:32 PM »

Okay, what the hell did I do to my knee?  Have no idea how this goes.  Got up feeling fine, worked at the garden for an hour and then it was all over.  Pain and I'm hobbling, hurt to even drive home.  Better now that I'm off it but what do I do about it?  Wrap it?  How long is this going to take?  At what point do I call the doctor?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1110 on: May 15, 2023, 10:10:45 PM »

Maybe it's my shoe?  I switched over from my hiking boots to my gardening shoes.  The insole on the one has a hump in it, same side as my knee pain.  I'm not doing anything different then I normally do.  Don't remember twisting it.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1111 on: May 16, 2023, 05:58:58 PM »

Woke up with pain in my calf that lasted 45 minutes.  Thought I had a blood clot.  3 hours later when I got into urgent care, I was okay.  XRays showed my knee is actually in good shape.  They put me in a knee brace.  Surprisedly after wearing it all day, my knee feels pretty good.  The rest of my body aches and pains from walking funny with that.  Should have went to the chiropractor.  May yet.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1112 on: May 17, 2023, 08:40:55 PM »

Was going to say that's working.  Went easy on it at the garden for 6 hours.  Came home and rested my leg for a couple of hours.  Feeling no pain until about 45 minutes into yard work.  Now it hurts all the way up to the hip.

One of the nurses was telling me about the difference between the pharmaceutical ibuprofen  and the over the counter stuff.  I turned down the Rx, I'm not in constant pain.  IMO, you need to know when there's pain so you can stop causing that.  No objection if you're in constant pain for a few days.  The routine for taking those pills, could never stick to that, no risk addiction there.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1113 on: May 17, 2023, 11:25:20 PM »

Back to covid a minute.  Remember the toilet paper crisis?  What was that all about?  Came to mind again because I'm still working on using the 90 plus rolls they gave me of industrial toilet paper as a joke when I retired.  I couldn't even give it away during the covid crisis.  This stuff is single ply.  I'd kind of like to go back to something a little softer with a little more substance.  hihi  Maybe in a few more years.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1114 on: May 18, 2023, 06:24:46 PM »

My CAT scan was $1700 and insurance paid $102.64.  I pay nothing.  My med was $281.50, insurance paid 81 cents.  I pay nothing.  If they would just charge non insured people what they charge insurance companies, people could pay their bills.  I never understood how they accept so little from the insurance companies when they charge so much.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1115 on: May 21, 2023, 12:20:04 AM »

See Sondra hobbling across the street.  Pull up and offer her my knee brace.  "I pulled a muscle in my ass."  Okay, can't help with that.  hihi

Guess I'm better.  Worked in my own yard without the brace this afternoon including jumping up on the roof to sweep it off and my knee hasn't been bothering me.  Not a physical problem but my garden shoes, both of them have developed squeaks.  WTF, it's driving me crazy.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1116 on: May 22, 2023, 04:06:41 PM »

I'm at the doctor's office running through the yes or no checklist, under the one category they have allergies, check yes, then it has drugs.  Do you mean do I do drugs, am I allergic to drugs or do you want my Rx's?  Skip it and move on, later it wants me to check off my bad habits.  Doesn't ask about drugs but maybe that's other.  And then there's the place to list your medications.  Go back to skipped question, must be drugs I'm allergic to.  Hand in my medical quiz hoping I passed without looking like an old lady.  hihi  Or giving away anything when I think of the word drugs.  But then again I am a little old lady, I don't care what anybody thinks.

I do fear somebody handing me the checklist of drugs you've done.  Could you give me the common names?  And maybe some slang names from the 70's.  Not senile just speak a different language.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1117 on: June 20, 2023, 05:07:18 PM »

Reporting increases in colon cancer in younger ages.  Say it has to be something environmental.  My guess is plastic.  Became popular in the 60's and just kept going from there.  Pretty much a plastic world when it comes to uses in food.  Same thing that's making us overweight.  There's a connection.  A slow acting cancer getting into those processed food and soda drinks.

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #1118 on: June 21, 2023, 10:41:37 AM »

I thought Covid was a lie, it had no repercussion on me and my family.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1119 on: June 21, 2023, 05:54:17 PM »

I thought Covid was a lie, it had no repercussion on me and my family.

There's a lot of people who think that way.  If it doesn't affect anyone I know, must not be real. 

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: