Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Christmas shopping
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas shopping  (Read 4361 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2023, 09:01:52 PM »

I'm going to hit a few of the sales up this week.  Start on birthdays and Christmas for next year.

I think my daughter and her husband only exchanged one gift with each other.  Saddens me but a wise choice on their part.  They get loaded up with gifts from everybody.  He hasn't been working a regular job and diapers cost.  I've mentioned to her to let me know before they miss a payment.  She's got too much of me in her to let that happen but I worry money is driving a wedge in their relationship.  They're good together but I can see the stress in her face.  She got the $100 scratcher in her stocking.  A little help from the fates.  Something they are going to have to work out.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2023, 01:26:13 PM »

Oh I had to get the moose.  Shhh, don't tell anybody.  Too cute to pass up.  I like all the woodland creatures.  I don't see any reason I can't have him up all the time.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2023, 02:23:47 PM »

The little moose showed up already.  He's so cute.  Never going back in the box, even if I wanted too.   hihi  Definitely going outside.  He left little sparkles all over the carpet! 

cineater
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2023, 09:17:18 PM »

That was the last gift exchange.  I've got plenty of things to mess with, just need the chance to be at home to play with them.  Snow me in next week would be great!

I go with my sister gambling on News Years Eve, another eating event.  Like I need more food!  Up 4 pounds although I think that was all sugar.  If we end it early, the kids want me to babysit so they can catch the balloon drop.  That's if my daughter doesn't get called in for staffing shortage.  As long as I make it home for the Rose Parade.

I'm in no real hurry to clean up the Christmas stuff.  I'm feeling a little closed in but it's comfy.  I like the Christmas tree lights.  Amazing the stores all ready have cleared out the Christmas stuff.  I think it was a good year.  Looking forward to the next.  I get my vision back!  And I have a chocolate garden to plant.  Mostly though, I find myself looking forward to mowing grass.  They let me do that for free, my best Forrest Gump voice.   Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2024, 02:51:26 AM »

I lost $40.  The free dinner wasn't that great.  The band sucked and was too loud.  They attempted Welcome to the Jungle.    Axl would have sued.  I got a free hat, mask and noise maker which I gave to my kids.  Got to the kids in time to babysit only to find out their coffee pot was broke.  They got to their event only to find out they weren't doing the balloon drop at midnight.  I got home at 1:30 only to discover Terrapin had eaten some of my chocolate and Simone was trying to get my last piece of carrot cake because they were almost out of food.  And Terrapin attacked the moose while I was typing this.    Happy New Year   hihi

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: