Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2021, 03:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1215757 Posts in 42791 Topics by 8838 Members
Latest Member: We love Axl Rose
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 51277 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #880 on: May 04, 2021, 04:51:24 PM »

My former employer is going back in the office on May 17th with face to face client contact starting.

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down
You can't let go and you can't hold on
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #881 on: Yesterday at 08:17:36 PM »

FDA approves vaccine for 12 - 15 year olds. CDC should adopt that approval within the next day or two.  Likely shots in arms around the country by the weekend.

This basically means the last member of our family....and the one at the most risk because of her chronic ARDS...will be able to be vaccinated!

Four of the five of us are already fully vaxxed.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #882 on: Yesterday at 11:08:02 PM »

FDA approves vaccine for 12 - 15 year olds. CDC should adopt that approval within the next day or two.  Likely shots in arms around the country by the weekend.

This basically means the last member of our family....and the one at the most risk because of her chronic ARDS...will be able to be vaccinated!

Can you have her checked to be sure the vaccine is working?  The reason I ask, is most transplant patients for some reason aren't building up immunity.  You probably understand that better but I was wondering if people with other chronic problems are having similar issues?

Here I was worried that everyone would get vaccinated before they got to my group and people aren't getting it.  I think it's around a third of adults are vaccinated.

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down
You can't let go and you can't hold on
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #883 on: Today at 01:04:06 PM »

Can you have her checked to be sure the vaccine is working?  The reason I ask, is most transplant patients for some reason aren't building up immunity.  You probably understand that better but I was wondering if people with other chronic problems are having similar issues?

Here I was worried that everyone would get vaccinated before they got to my group and people aren't getting it.  I think it's around a third of adults are vaccinated.

ARDS = Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.  It's like Asthma on steroids (well, actually it's like Asthma OFF steroids and 10 times worse).  Just for those wondering.  I slip into "medical-ese" sometimes...professional hazard. In rereading my reply I should have pointed it out.

Can't really "test" vaccine effectiveness without getting vaccinated.  From the data I've seen, I'm pretty sure it will be fine and she'll build immunity.  Transplant patients have some very specific issues (including their use of antirejection drugs and immuno supressors to prevent rejection) that effect not just COVID vaccines, but things like flu shots and other medications that interact with their immune system.  No issue with our youngest on that front. 

In CT, about 70% have gotten at least their first dose.  We're just over 50% of adults who are fully vaxxed.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: