Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:24:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 217230 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2340 on: March 03, 2024, 01:15:19 AM »

President Joe Biden’s erasure of $127 Billion in Student-loan debt has fallen flat with young voters in the swing states he needs to win reelection
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2024-us-election-key-state-voter-polling/december-2023-poll/

It's really not getting the coverage it should be, I think because he's doing it in such small amounts to prevent it from being challenged in court again.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2341 on: March 03, 2024, 01:17:57 AM »

I read that incident, asserting authority but don't know if they would have went any further but I don't know the history that well.

Yeah this is going to be another election where you are voting against something and not for something.
  Trump has said he'd let Putin take parts of Ukraine, and attack any NATO ally who he believed not paying their share. This man keeps telling us who he is. We need to start believing him.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2342 on: March 03, 2024, 08:53:26 AM »

I read that incident, asserting authority but don't know if they would have went any further but I don't know the history that well.

Yeah this is going to be another election where you are voting against something and not for something.
  Trump has said he'd let Putin take parts of Ukraine, and attack any NATO ally who he believed not paying their share. This man keeps telling us who he is. We need to start believing him.

What did he mean "not paying their share"?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #2343 on: March 05, 2024, 11:05:59 AM »

Trump beats Biden in every poll right now, and with all the Vegas oddsmakers.
The DEMs not replacing Genocide Joe at the top of the ticket suggests that the fix is in.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2344 on: March 05, 2024, 11:16:21 AM »

Let's not talk about "fixes".  Death is still on our side or disabled, stroke, something like that.  hihi  Don't wish anybody dead, just away from politics.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2345 on: March 06, 2024, 12:12:20 PM »

Can't see all the proud Biden voters around anymore  hihi hihi. So predictable 4 years ago already.

Anyway i don't think it's gonna change Europe destiny. Putin put himself against the wall in order to play his cards from a position in which he has 1 option only: take over Europe. War won't end with Trump. Maybe he'll create a stalemate without other useless deaths but that's it (unless trump offers an unpredictable way out to Putin, Russia gonna attack again in a few years). People from east europe know better what Russia is capable of. And I believe them, even if I can't fully understand them. They always warned us.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #2346 on: March 07, 2024, 08:39:40 PM »

Putin and Trump understand each other even though we don't.  They are men of power and they don't want to come up against each other.  I'm looking for Putin to be looking for a way out if it looks like Trump may win the election.  He may escalate the war in the spring to try to finish it before Trump gets there.  It's going to kind of depend on what Trump says during the champaign.  That's not based on anything political.  These men are a different creature than a politician.  If they have to go against each other, they will cancel each other's power out and they know it.  The one won't let the other have it and they will destroy each other in the process.  Hopefully, they don't take the rest of us with them.  Just my thoughts.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #2347 on: March 07, 2024, 11:14:13 PM »

I didn't pay much attention to the state of the union address but did that lady who had the rebuttal sound like Sarah McLachlan?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2348 on: March 08, 2024, 01:09:07 PM »

What did he mean "not paying their share"?

The same lie he was telling back in 2016.....and 2020.

All NATO allies pay their ascribed dues. This is what funds the ACTUAL NATO budget.

He insists they should be required to pay a higher % of their GDP toward defense spending because the US chooses to.  The NATO (non-binding) guideline is that members should pay 2% of GDP toward defense by 2024.  This is up from 1.4% in 2014.

18 of the 30 (and most of the EU AND the UK) meet that, now.  6 more of the 30 are VERY close to that (>=1.50%).  6 are below that, BUT have steadily increased their % and are actively working to hit 2%. These are countries like Turkiye, Slovania, and Belgium (which have very low GDPs so defense spending is a hard sell given budget restrictions) as well as Italy and Spain which were hit particualarly hard by the Global Recession.  But even those 6 (and all but 1 of the "very close) have seen year over year increases from 2022 - 2023 and have projected increases for 2024.

But none of that directly funds NATO.  That is DEFENSE SPENDING in their OWN defense budgets.  It is not, in any way, part of their contributions to NATO.

We've covered this a few times before.  It's another Trump lie to promote gingoism, xenophobia, and to gin up his base.  

And the guy literally said he'd let Russia do whatever they want.  So I'm not sure why you think Russia would have not invaded Ukraine? Hell, he's said he wouldn't be sending aid to them, so Ukraine would have fallen LONG before now if Trump had been reelected.

Further, every time Trump and Putin have had any sort of "confrontation" or mis-aligned interests....Trump turns into a cuck.  I think its actually funny that people think Trump will stand up to Putin.  He'll roll over, show his belly, and do exactly what he's said he'll do: Let Putin/Russia do whatever the hell they want.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 01:23:31 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2349 on: March 08, 2024, 01:19:15 PM »

Can't see all the proud Biden voters around anymore  hihi hihi. So predictable 4 years ago already.

Anyway i don't think it's gonna change Europe destiny. Putin put himself against the wall in order to play his cards from a position in which he has 1 option only: take over Europe. War won't end with Trump. Maybe he'll create a stalemate without other useless deaths but that's it (unless trump offers an unpredictable way out to Putin, Russia gonna attack again in a few years). People from east europe know better what Russia is capable of. And I believe them, even if I can't fully understand them. They always warned us.

Biden voters are still out there, trust me.  They're just sick of talking to brick walls.  The cult members are entrenched....at this point, trying to deprogram them is useless. They only believe what their cult leader tells them, so why engage?  

But they seem to be voting....because the Repubs keep getting creamed at the ballot box.  Over and over the dems outperform polls and blue sky predictions.

As a legit data analyst, I can tell you that political polling methods are garbage right now.  Who they poll, how they poll, and what they tell you in March are just garbage.  Nobody is engaged, and the ones that are, especially on the lib side, are not answering unsolicted phone calls and emails.  Polling aggregates, especially at this point, skews +3 to +5 conservative, and +8 to +10 over 55.  They vastly undersample independents.  There is literally no point to them.

Trump keeps slipping with independents (look at the primaries in open states), women and college educated voters (again, primaries).  That's not polls, thats primary results IN HIS OWN PARTY.  It's why they got the Senator to do the Repub response last night (who the hell decided to put her in a kitchen...JFC, the optics!).

If you think anybody but the histronic media cares about the polls (so they have something to talk about), you're deluding yourself.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 01:24:43 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: