Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211110 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #980 on: October 30, 2020, 12:13:00 AM »

someone with your limited intelligence and common sense

Whether or not someone lacks intelligence or common sense, there's stlll no need for these kinds of lame insults.

From anyone.

Even from a self proclaimed stable genius.

/jarmo

he said my posts never make sense - isn't that an insult on my intelligence, genius?

I did not mean my comment as an insult. just stating a fact.

but, glad you decided to start policing things in this thread. way overdue.

Jarmo can certainly speak for himself and even though he and I are polar opposites in terms of our perspectives of the 2020 US election, I just want to clarify for those who may not know that the "self proclaimed stable genius" refers to comments and tweets made by President Trump about himself going back to January 6, 2018 and many times since.

Jarmo was NOT making a sarcastic comment directly @sandman.
Jarmo WAS making a sarcastic comment directly @POTUS.

Quote from: President Trump
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Now that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake News Mainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence.....
....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.....
....to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!
7:30 AM · Jan 6, 2018

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #981 on: October 30, 2020, 12:51:05 AM »

someone with your limited intelligence and common sense, I wouldn't expect you to understand much. so it's no surprise you think my posts "never make any sense."

the pollsters themselves disagree with you. but continue to pull that wool down over your eyes. ignore the facts. i know its easier that way, and it feels good. 

Only took your 2nd post back to make a direct personal insult. You have been warned about this before.

Funny how much more civil it was without you here...

he said my posts never make sense - isn't that an insult on my intelligence, genius?

Did you seriously just sarcastically call a mod "genius"?

And then try to gaslight him by suggesting "you're stupid" was not meant as an insult?

Tim pointed out a contradiction in your post. You responded by calling him stupid. Your determination in dodging personal responsibility is sad.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #982 on: October 30, 2020, 01:09:42 AM »

it's essentially always a good time to buy. the more invested you are in the stock market, the better off you and your family will be.  

Yeah, like August 2008 was a great time to buy! Or January 2020!

What are you, a hedge fund manager or something? "It's always a good time to buy"  Roll Eyes

it was not the next sentence. take a closer look at my post.

also, most people would be able to understand that based on the first part of the sentence where I reference how crazy a year 2020 has been, I was stating this as a joke. a hypothetical that would be fitting for this year. I know that went over your head - not saying because you lack intelligence - just went over your head this time.

here's an article for you...

What's Changed Since Polls Were Wrong About 2016's Presidential Election

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/28/928556186/whats-changed-since-polls-were-wrong-about-2016s-presidential-election

but keep ignoring reality.

Boy, you sure got him good with that "actually, it wasn't literally the next sentence". I guess his use of hyperbolic effect there went over your head. Not because you're dumb as a pile of rocks, nobody would ever say that, certainly not I. It just went over your head this time.  ok

However, I like that your rebuttal to his entire multi-paragraph response is "but look at this headline that says they were wrong. Anyone who doesn't take a headline at face value and unquestioningly parrot it is 'ignoring reality'."

You should try actually reading an article you've linked for once. In it, you'll find that despite the author saying the polls were wrong, the polling expert being interviewed actually never says anything about the polls themselves being wrong.

Here, I'll put it in massive text for emotional effect, since you're big on style over substance:

The polling expert being interviewed actually never says anything about the polls themselves being wrong.

But hey, you keep trying with those dishonest rhetorical tactics. I'll always be here to call them out, bud.  beer
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 01:40:51 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #983 on: October 30, 2020, 01:38:26 AM »

by back to normal do you mean back to starting unnecessary wars in Libya and dropping bombs on innocent people around the world on an almost daily basis?

Trump has increased drone strikes over Obama and nearly started a war with Iran, which we've all forgotten already because of his his nonstop scandals.

lifelong politicians who are indebted to lobbyists and foreign leaders?

[citation needed]

Which is why you support a lifelong richboy failson indebted to lobbyists and foreign leaders? Trump was bailed out by Russian banks because he was such a corrupt failure that American banks refused to do business with him anymore.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/12/21/how-russian-money-helped-save-trumps-business/

“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets.”  - Donald Trump Jr.

the Dems and the press pushed the Russia BS for years based on faulty evidence

If it was "faulty evidence" why were there 199 criminal charges, 37 indictments or guilty pleas, and 5 prison sentences?

Honestly, your posts just reek of desperation to poison the well by screaming "hoax" and "criminal" at the top of your lungs, despite lacking any evidence to back up your empty rhetoric.

Hunter is under criminal investigation. shouldn't the press follow-up on that? After all, does anyone really think that Hunter is raking in millions from foreign leaders for any of his knowledge or expertise? Of course not, it's all to get access to his dad.

Why would they? Is Hunter running for office? The investigation has nothing to do with Biden. Hunter was apparently hired there in a rush of American, semi-high-profile hires in the hopes of gaining legitimacy and staving off investigation for Burisma's corruption. What did Joe Biden do? He fought to oust the corrupt prosecutor that refused to investigate Burisma, knowing full well that could jeopardize his son's job. All of the evidence shows Biden was acting with the utmost integrity, which is why it's all the more absurd for you to say:

there is now evidence that a candidate for president of the US is severely compromised.

Frankly, it seems like you don't even care about your own credibility anymore, as long as you can poison the well in the lead up to the election because you're desperate that your guy is going to lose. Which is basically Trump's strategy at this point, too. Throw as much last-minute shit against the wall as you can and hope it sticks before it can be exposed as false.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 01:46:41 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #984 on: October 30, 2020, 06:48:36 AM »

by back to normal do you mean back to starting unnecessary wars in Libya and dropping bombs on innocent people around the world on an almost daily basis?

No just wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and giving weapons to guys who then attack you.  Tongue

You kinda described Trump there as well. But you'd rather have his family run government like it's their own little company where the only employees are relatives who won't say anything against him. Where the only qualification you need is loyalty.

Normalcy means having a good relationship with your allies instead of trying to be BFFs with people like the great letter writer or the guy whose opponents magically get poisoned.

Normal like being able to listen to others, like scientists, and not just yell about how smart you are when everyone knows, you're not.

Normal means moving forward, not back. Normal as in working with other nations instead of throwing out your toys and leaving just because you wanted the biggest toy and had to share.

You know, normal as in acting like an adult instead of a spoiled TV celebrity who lives in a golden mansion and talks about others being the elite....

Normal as in us/we, not "us versus them".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 06:50:50 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #985 on: October 30, 2020, 08:20:14 AM »

I've almost forgot what normal feels like after these 4 chaotic years. I can only imagine what people in your country must think of us for electing this doofus.

The reality is that every country has every kind of person.

So not everyone here see him as stupid, or bad. But I'd say a lot of normal people as well as most politicians,or people who have been in politics, don't see him as the greatest president ever...

That just comes down to things like expectations of how a president should act, and having a certain kind of decency towards others who don't necessarily share your point of view.

But this kind of leader isn't exclusive to the US, unfortunately. There are multiple examples of right wing populists who don't have a clue about how to lead a nation who are in fact leaders in various nations at this moment. And many of them are failing. In most things except lining the pockets of the rich elites.... As usual, the average normal working person pays the price for falling for the false promises made by self proclaimed smart miracle workers who all sound more like used car salesmen.... Promising solutions to problems that only exist in their heads because it's down to ideology and egos.

You can't make this stuff up. The people claiming to work to get rid off corruption are usually not as innocent as they portray. Once they're out of the office, the truth will come out.

I'm old enough to remember how bad people thought W Bush was..... Look at where we are now. The USA isn't the world leader or super power they were at that time. How to handle a pandemic? Don't look at the USA. How to have a democratic election? Don't look at the USA for a shining example.... How to be the leader in creating a better world for the next generations? Well, the USA has little interest in that at the moment.

Unfortunate because the country has a lot of potential....

/jarmo

Never thought i would actually miss George  W. Bush. As stupid as he is and as bad as he was, at least i never questioned his love for America and respect for our laws.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #986 on: October 30, 2020, 08:24:07 AM »

I've almost forgot what normal feels like after these 4 chaotic years. I can only imagine what people in your country must think of us for electing this doofus.

The reality is that every country has every kind of person.

So not everyone here see him as stupid, or bad. But I'd say a lot of normal people as well as most politicians,or people who have been in politics, don't see him as the greatest president ever...

That just comes down to things like expectations of how a president should act, and having a certain kind of decency towards others who don't necessarily share your point of view.

But this kind of leader isn't exclusive to the US, unfortunately. There are multiple examples of right wing populists who don't have a clue about how to lead a nation who are in fact leaders in various nations at this moment. And many of them are failing. In most things except lining the pockets of the rich elites.... As usual, the average normal working person pays the price for falling for the false promises made by self proclaimed smart miracle workers who all sound more like used car salesmen.... Promising solutions to problems that only exist in their heads because it's down to ideology and egos.

You can't make this stuff up. The people claiming to work to get rid off corruption are usually not as innocent as they portray. Once they're out of the office, the truth will come out.

I'm old enough to remember how bad people thought W Bush was..... Look at where we are now. The USA isn't the world leader or super power they were at that time. How to handle a pandemic? Don't look at the USA. How to have a democratic election? Don't look at the USA for a shining example.... How to be the leader in creating a better world for the next generations? Well, the USA has little interest in that at the moment.

Unfortunate because the country has a lot of potential....

/jarmo

Trump wanted to assassinate Assad but was thankfully talked out of it. Let's not pretend he's any different.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #987 on: October 30, 2020, 08:36:05 AM »

You literally said Biden has it in the bag, then in the next sentence said it would be a tie. That is contradictory no matter how you slice it

The polling was accurate within the margin of error no matter how you try to spin it otherwise. https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/election-2020/six-days-to-go-how-does-election-polling-compare-to-2016

Comparing 2020 to 2016

The landscape of the race six days out is somewhat similar to the 2016 race.

One key difference is Clinton’s lead in national polls was generally smaller than Biden’s lead. The final CNN poll, which was released two weeks before the election, gave Clinton a 5% edge. The final CNBC poll gave Clinton a lead of 9%. But other reputable polls, such as the CBS News Poll, were more narrow. The CBS News poll gave Clinton just a 3% edge. Clinton ended up winning the popular vote by 2%.

Battleground state polls generally were off by a margin of 5%, which is normal in a presidential election. What made things abnormal was those polling errors were just enough to flip the election for Trump in a number of states.

In Michigan, a Detroit Free Press poll released a week before the election showed Clinton up by 4 percent. She ended up losing by .2 percent.

In Pennsylvania, polls generally gave Clinton a modest lead. Her lead in the final CNN poll was 5 percent a week before the election. She ended up losing by 1 percent.

Wisconsin was another state Trump won by about .5%. He trailed Clinton in the Marquette poll by 6% in the final days before the election. Compared to 2016, his deficit in the Marquette poll is slimmer in 2016 than it is currently.

On the flip side, polling in Nevada did not suggest a Clinton win. A CNN poll had Trump up 51-46 just days before the election. Clinton won the state by 2%.

also, most people would be able to understand that based on the first part of the sentence where I reference how crazy a year 2020 has been, I was stating this as a joke. a hypothetical that would be fitting for this year. I know that went over your head - not saying because you lack intelligence - just went over your head this time.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/28/928556186/whats-changed-since-polls-were-wrong-about-2016s-presidential-election

Humor does not always translate well via text on a screen.  hihi

So you are saying you firmly believe Biden will be president elect?

Polls certainly can be wrong but there are clear differences this time. We will know next week hopefully. I don't believe it will be on election night though.

Yes, I think this time is different. There are not obvious "issues" with the polls, and the things that were in Trump's favor last time are not in play this time; for example, he's not facing a despicable human being this time.

well, at least I don't THINK he is. I mean Biden is a lifelong politician so obviously he's a corrupt scum bag, but he's generally viewed favorably, unlike Hillary. so I firmly believe Biden will win. I have bet with a friend for dinner for 4 - probably a $300 dinner, so essentially a $150 bet.

but the DOJ confirmed the FBI opened a criminal investigation into Hunter Biden and his associates back in 2019. The investigation is ongoing.

so it makes you wonder....the Dems and the press pushed the Russia BS for years based on faulty evidence. there is now actual evidence out there that shows corruption on behalf of Joe Biden and his son. of course, the media ignores it and big tech is controlling what info we even have access to.

But the whole impeachment thing....did Trump get too close to a Biden criminal empire? was that all a hoax as well to protect their candidate?

shouldn't the press at least do their job and investigate whatever evidence there may or may not be? if it is BS, tell us. Various dems and the press said this was Russian disinformation. what was that based on??

Hunter is under criminal investigation. shouldn't the press follow-up on that? After all, does anyone really think that Hunter is raking in millions from foreign leaders for any of his knowledge or expertise? Of course not, it's all to get access to his dad.   

there is now evidence that a candidate for president of the US is severely compromised.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to bring up the laptop fake story from a source that's nothing more then a tabloid.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #988 on: October 30, 2020, 11:27:35 AM »

someone with your limited intelligence and common sense

Whether or not someone lacks intelligence or common sense, there's stlll no need for these kinds of lame insults.

From anyone.

Even from a self proclaimed stable genius.

/jarmo

Jarmo can certainly speak for himself and even though he and I are polar opposites in terms of our perspectives of the 2020 US election, I just want to clarify for those who may not know that the "self proclaimed stable genius" refers to comments and tweets made by President Trump about himself going back to January 6, 2018 and many times since.

Jarmo was NOT making a sarcastic comment directly @sandman.
Jarmo WAS making a sarcastic comment directly @POTUS.

Quote from: President Trump
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Now that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake News Mainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence.....
....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.....
....to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!
7:30 AM · Jan 6, 2018

Thanks, Gypsy! You are 100% correct. I didn't get the reference and did think that was directed at me. although i know Jarmo would only say something as friendly ribbing, and that was my intention in giving it back.

but total misunderstanding. did not remember that Trump quote. appreciate that clarification.  ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #989 on: October 30, 2020, 11:52:32 AM »

I was wondering how long it would take someone to bring up the laptop fake story from a source that's nothing more then a tabloid.

Thought you might find this article interesting, tim.  Sort of sources all the BS information back to it's roots.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-fake-persona-laid-groundwork-hunter-biden-conspiracy-deluge-n1245387

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #990 on: October 30, 2020, 12:33:47 PM »

it's essentially always a good time to buy. the more invested you are in the stock market, the better off you and your family will be.  

What are you, a hedge fund manager or something? "It's always a good time to buy"  Roll Eyes

Boy, you sure got him good with that "actually, it wasn't literally the next sentence". I guess his use of hyperbolic effect there went over your head. Not because you're dumb as a pile of rocks, nobody would ever say that, certainly not I. It just went over your head this time.  ok

However, I like that your rebuttal to his entire multi-paragraph response is "but look at this headline that says they were wrong. Anyone who doesn't take a headline at face value and unquestioningly parrot it is 'ignoring reality'."

You should try actually reading an article you've linked for once. In it, you'll find that despite the author saying the polls were wrong, the polling expert being interviewed actually never says anything about the polls themselves being wrong.

Here, I'll put it in massive text for emotional effect, since you're big on style over substance:

The polling expert being interviewed actually never says anything about the polls themselves being wrong.

But hey, you keep trying with those dishonest rhetorical tactics. I'll always be here to call them out, bud.  beer

why I am not surprised you are not a fan of the stock market. good god. luckily there's only about 5 people in this thread and none of them would turn to you for personal finance or investment advice.

if you invested $10,000 in August 2008, your money would be worth about $25,000 right now (on average assuming no additional investments). that's about an 8% annual return. free money baby! and right on target with what should be expected.

and if you invested an additional $250 a month, you would be well over $80,000 at this point. Starbucks isn't that important.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #991 on: October 30, 2020, 12:50:33 PM »

You literally said Biden has it in the bag, then in the next sentence said it would be a tie. That is contradictory no matter how you slice it

The polling was accurate within the margin of error no matter how you try to spin it otherwise. https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/election-2020/six-days-to-go-how-does-election-polling-compare-to-2016

Comparing 2020 to 2016

One key difference is Clinton’s lead in national polls was generally smaller than Biden’s lead. The final CNN poll, which was released two weeks before the election, gave Clinton a 5% edge. The final CNBC poll gave Clinton a lead of 9%. But other reputable polls, such as the CBS News Poll, were more narrow. The CBS News poll gave Clinton just a 3% edge. Clinton ended up winning the popular vote by 2%.

Battleground state polls generally were off by a margin of 5%, which is normal in a presidential election. What made things abnormal was those polling errors were just enough to flip the election for Trump in a number of states.

In Michigan, a Detroit Free Press poll released a week before the election showed Clinton up by 4 percent. She ended up losing by .2 percent.

In Pennsylvania, polls generally gave Clinton a modest lead. Her lead in the final CNN poll was 5 percent a week before the election. She ended up losing by 1 percent.

Wisconsin was another state Trump won by about .5%. He trailed Clinton in the Marquette poll by 6% in the final days before the election. Compared to 2016, his deficit in the Marquette poll is slimmer in 2016 than it is currently.

On the flip side, polling in Nevada did not suggest a Clinton win. A CNN poll had Trump up 51-46 just days before the election. Clinton won the state by 2%.

Polls certainly can be wrong but there are clear differences this time. We will know next week hopefully. I don't believe it will be on election night though.

Yes, I think this time is different. There are not obvious "issues" with the polls, and the things that were in Trump's favor last time are not in play this time; for example, he's not facing a despicable human being this time.

well, at least I don't THINK he is. I mean Biden is a lifelong politician so obviously he's a corrupt scum bag, but he's generally viewed favorably, unlike Hillary. so I firmly believe Biden will win. I have bet with a friend for dinner for 4 - probably a $300 dinner, so essentially a $150 bet.

but the DOJ confirmed the FBI opened a criminal investigation into Hunter Biden and his associates back in 2019. The investigation is ongoing.

so it makes you wonder....the Dems and the press pushed the Russia BS for years based on faulty evidence. there is now actual evidence out there that shows corruption on behalf of Joe Biden and his son. of course, the media ignores it and big tech is controlling what info we even have access to.

But the whole impeachment thing....did Trump get too close to a Biden criminal empire? was that all a hoax as well to protect their candidate?

shouldn't the press at least do their job and investigate whatever evidence there may or may not be? if it is BS, tell us. Various dems and the press said this was Russian disinformation. what was that based on??

is the FBI investigation into Hunter Biden FAKE? we now know it's a money laundering investigation. They can only open a case if there is sufficient evidence of criminal activity. 

are you now crying about FAKE NEWS???

The NBC story they are pushing hard today as NOTHING to do with the FBI investigation, OR the e-mails. It is a totally separate issue.

not saying there is anything to the e-mails, texts, or the voice recordings of Hunter, or the comments by Big Bob. but I feel like someone should look into them. the media has full access to it. Investigate it. Tell me what the evidence is, and why this is clearly Russian interference. because if it is interference, I want to know who is playing along from inside the US. shouldn't we all care about that as well?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #992 on: October 30, 2020, 01:00:13 PM »

Comparing 2020 to 2016

is the FBI investigation into Hunter Biden FAKE? we now know it's a money laundering investigation. They can only open a case if there is sufficient evidence of criminal activity. 

The NBC story they are pushing hard today as NOTHING to do with the FBI investigation, OR the e-mails. It is a totally separate issue.

not saying there is anything to the e-mails, texts, or the voice recordings of Hunter, or the comments by Big Bob. but I feel like someone should look into them. the media has full access to it. Investigate it. Tell me what the evidence is, and why this is clearly Russian interference. because if it is interference, I want to know who is playing along from inside the US. shouldn't we all care about that as well?

I figured you were talking about the laptop, my apologies.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #993 on: October 30, 2020, 02:26:12 PM »

if you invested $10,000 in August 2008, your money would be worth about $25,000 right now (on average assuming no additional investments). that's about an 8% annual return. free money baby! and right on target with what should be expected.

and if you invested an additional $250 a month, you would be well over $80,000 at this point. Starbucks isn't that important.

Thank you Obama!

Cheesy

Hasn't the stock market been going up for decades though? With the crashes that come at various intervals (like in 2007-8 or 1987)...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #994 on: October 30, 2020, 06:43:44 PM »

Thank you Obama!

Cheesy

Hasn't the stock market been going up for decades though? With the crashes that come at various intervals (like in 2007-8 or 1987)...

/jarmo

Okay, check with Duff for the pros opinion but yes.  Not sure what that is based on such as number of companies in it, real value of money, stuff like that but there is a perception thing that influences it too.  It comes with highs and lowes.  You will make more money in stocks then in other places for long term investments as long as you don't have to take it out at the wrong time.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #995 on: October 30, 2020, 08:04:49 PM »

why I am not surprised you are not a fan of the stock market. good god.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of gambling with the lives of innocent Americans who want nothing to do with your addiction. You should educate yourself on what happened in 2008. Try reading Griftopia by Matt Taibbi. The corruption and fraud occurs at every level, from the lenders all the way up to the ratings agencies. A family foreclosed out of their home doesn't recover like a stock. And stocks don't magically recover, the market recovered because OBAMA bailed them out, which your party fought tooth and nail. The whole system is rotten and full of corrupt thugs who will destroy your family for an extra 0.5% return. Drain the swamp!

But hey, thanks for conceding 90% of my argument by leaving it on the table, as always. That the best you can do is fixate on an ancillary offhand remark says everything.  rofl

I guess you've now tacitly admitted that not only did your own source disprove your claim, but you don't read anything beyond the headline. Roll Eyes

"There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent." - Sun Tsu

That would only be true for those invested in an index fund. Those who were retired in 2008 did not have the luxury of waiting around a decade for heir investment to recover; they were living off that money. You're also ignoring the institutions that went under and took millions of families savings with them... and the massive debt burden created as institutions encouraged equity loans and other risky financial instruments... and all of the families who lost their homes... and those who were invested in the banks that went under.

The irony of you trying to talk down to me about stocks is hilarious, after that facile comment.

"Even though the S&P 500 has grown 80% since March 2013, 65% of those who were affected by the crash and the Great Recession that followed say that they have not fully recovered even today."

https://www.investopedia.com/insights/how-2008-crisis-changed-how-we-save-and-invest/

"We found that the average gain was far smaller than what would have been needed to recover from the steep losses in 2008."

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/10/the-recession-hurt-americans-retirement-accounts-more-than-everyone-thought/410791/

luckily there's only about 5 people in this thread and none of them would turn to you for personal finance or investment advice.

Funny, because I was literally asked specifically for advice a few pages back. You always manage to faceplant in the most cartoonishly obvious ways...

Speaking of ignoring reality, why is your party such a failure at controlling Covid?

Here's a fun infographic presentation on how Red states have blown up with Covid as Blue states have gotten it under control. The relationship is remarkable.

http://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-cases-since-june

Damn, look at that. It's almost like ignoring reality comes back to bite you in the ass, huh? Maybe instead of reveling in gaslighting the other party, you should take some personal responsibility and not kill your own people? I guess that's the problem with Republicanism; eventually you run out of supporters because they've all died under your complete lack of governance. Maybe "triggering the libs" shouldn't be the top priority when it comes to serious life and death matters like politics? Just a thought.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 08:12:17 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #996 on: October 30, 2020, 08:09:04 PM »

Imagine supporting a president that propagates so many HOAXES that you can't even talk about a real story without people confusing it with one of the countless HOAXES you've pushed?

Gee, what does that remind me of...

The boy who cried "Wolf!"

Yeah, you lose all ability to criticize anybody as histrionic when your president was the one who weaponized the term "fake news".

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #997 on: October 30, 2020, 08:29:28 PM »

Thought you might find this article interesting, tim.  Sort of sources all the BS information back to it's roots.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-fake-persona-laid-groundwork-hunter-biden-conspiracy-deluge-n1245387

Wow, the sheer audacity of the modern GOP really knows no limit, huh?

"The author of the document, a self-identified Swiss security analyst named Martin Aspen, is a fabricated identity, according to analysis by disinformation researchers, who also concluded that Aspen's profile picture was created with an artificial intelligence face generator. The intelligence firm that Aspen lists as his previous employer said that no one by that name had ever worked for the company and that no one by that name lives in Switzerland"

They are putting the meddling into overdrive now. Just saw this text sent out by the Trump campaign:

And surprise surprise, yet another Trump supporter has pulled a gun on children, this time for splashing him with water:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1688701/trump-pulls-gun-teen-girls-splashed-unofficial-rally-president/

But Trump will never condemn this violence. He encourages it.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #998 on: October 30, 2020, 08:54:42 PM »

Thought you might find this article interesting, tim.  Sort of sources all the BS information back to it's roots.

Wow, the sheer audacity of the modern GOP really knows no limit, huh?

"The author of the document, a self-identified Swiss security analyst named Martin Aspen, is a fabricated identity, according to analysis by disinformation researchers, who also concluded that Aspen's profile picture was created with an artificial intelligence face generator. The intelligence firm that Aspen lists as his previous employer said that no one by that name had ever worked for the company and that no one by that name lives in Switzerland"

They are putting the meddling into overdrive now. Just saw this text sent out by the Trump campaign:

And surprise surprise, yet another Trump supporter has pulled a gun on children, this time for splashing him with water:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1688701/trump-pulls-gun-teen-girls-splashed-unofficial-rally-president/

But Trump will never condemn this violence. He encourages it.

Love seeing you liberals fall for the media’s tricks.

They do a story on some report no one has heard of and no one was reporting on. And you instantly assume this discredits the info we all have on the Biden Crime Family.

This has nothing to do with the FBI’s investigation into the biden’s money laundering. Or the FBI’s recent interview and first hand accounts obtained, and their review of cell phone records.

This nbc story is addressing some report that was shared 5,000 times on FB.

But trump haters fall for this, so mission accomplished for our great media.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #999 on: October 30, 2020, 09:04:50 PM »

Funny, because I was literally asked specifically for advice a few pages back. You always manage to faceplant in the most cartoonishly obvious ways.

I sincerely hope you are joking. You should not be giving direct advice on anything related to investing or personal finance.

If anyone needs some advice on investments, please do not look for it here. Start with investing basics online, read a basic book, and consider talking to a professional.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: