Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:52:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211152 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1000 on: October 30, 2020, 09:44:48 PM »

if you invested $10,000 in August 2008, your money would be worth about $25,000 right now (on average assuming no additional investments). that's about an 8% annual return. free money baby! and right on target with what should be expected.

and if you invested an additional $250 a month, you would be well over $80,000 at this point. Starbucks isn't that important.

Thank you Obama!

Cheesy

Hasn't the stock market been going up for decades though? With the crashes that come at various intervals (like in 2007-8 or 1987)...

/jarmo

Yes, that is correct. That’s why if you invest for the long term and adequately diversify, you will make money.

The returns under obama were incredible. The market bottomed out in 2009 and then it was smooth sailing.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1001 on: October 31, 2020, 05:46:47 AM »

Yes, that is correct. That’s why if you invest for the long term and adequately diversify, you will make money.

The returns under obama were incredible. The market bottomed out in 2009 and then it was smooth sailing.

So in other words, Trump has little to do with the stock market going up. It's always done that.

Just like time goes forward....

Speaking of corruption: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-63oAcaZG8

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 06:48:34 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1002 on: October 31, 2020, 11:28:47 AM »

So in other words, Trump has little to do with the stock market going up. It's always done that.

/jarmo

I dont think you have any interest in understanding how the markets work. There are many factors that influence the market. The market has been incredible under trump, in part due to his policies.

I watched Bill Maher’s show last night. It was very entertaining.

As for the clip you posted....there will be violence after the election ONLY if trump wins. Cities are boarding up buildings and businesses because there will be mass riots ONLY if trump wins.

Think about that.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1003 on: October 31, 2020, 12:26:34 PM »

/jarmo

I dont think you have any interest in understanding how the markets work. There are many factors that influence the market. The market has been incredible under trump, in part due to his policies.

As for the clip you posted....there will be violence after the election ONLY if trump wins. Cities are boarding up buildings and businesses because there will be mass riots ONLY if trump wins.

Think about that.

Except there was a poll recently that questioned Biden and Trump supporters on what they'd do if their guy lost. 20% of Biden supporters said they'd challenge the results. 16% of Trump supporters said they'd resort toe protests and violence. oops.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1004 on: October 31, 2020, 12:36:12 PM »

I made a generalization to simplify things. The markets have been going up and up....

Obviously governments can aid this. But looking at data, it doesn't seem like Democratic presidents were bad for the stock market either.

Think about that.

Some people need very little "reason" to start shit.

To use Donald's logic, there's bad people on all sides.

Edited to add: The fact that there are riots/looting when a sports team WINS says it all....

Did you skip the part about corruption?

I thought we were under the belief here that only career politicians like Joe Biden would be corrupt and Trump is totally clean and immune to anything closely corrupt? Like hiring his family, solely because they're the best in the USA for those government roles....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 12:57:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1005 on: October 31, 2020, 03:36:17 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-camp-cancels-austin-texas-event-after-pro-trump-ambush-on-campaign-bus
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1006 on: October 31, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »

Love seeing you liberals fall for the media’s tricks.

They do a story on some report no one has heard of and no one was reporting on. And you instantly assume this discredits the info we all have on the Biden Crime Family.

I love seeing you rightists fail at rhetorical sleight of hand tricks. If no one has heard of it, how did the story get written? Obviously somebody has heard of it. Nobody said that article discredited the laptop HOAX or any of the other HOAXES the Trump Crime Family has been pushing. You're losing it, bud. You're arguing a strawman and doing a touchdown dance for scoring against the strawman you just built. It's really pathetic, dude. Have some dignity. If you're really so triggered that you can't even respond to me without getting so emotional that you can't respond to what I'm actually saying, just step back and gather yourself.

BTW, I'm not a liberal. I know it's hard to conceive of nuance when you see everything in simplistic black and white, left and right. You think everyone to the left of Nixon is a "liberal". You don't even know the difference between leftism and liberalism.

This nbc story is addressing some report that was shared 5,000 times on FB.

Lyin' Sandman being dishonest as usual. Do you not feel like a failure when you're deliberately picking out the smallest number from these paragraphs?

"Blog posts highlighting the most salacious parts of the document, including articles from the Intelligence Quarterly Blog, Revolver News and Balding's blog, received 70,000 public interactions — which includes reactions, comments and shares — across Facebook, Twitter and Reddit, according to the social media analysis tool BuzzSumo.

Balding's blog was the primary driver of virality in conservative and conspiracy communities. The report itself was shared across Facebook and Twitter around 5,000 times, according to BuzzSumo, and more than 80 sites linked back to the blog, which was shared more than 25,000 times on Facebook and Twitter.

Republican Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House of Representatives, tweeted the document to his 2.3 million followers."

As always, hypocritically, YOU are the one hyperventilating about a single news report, acting as if it were being treated as some kind of bombshell. Try as you might, you can't gaslight us, Sandie.

Keep on screaming "Wolf!" there, little boy... everyone knows you're projecting your president's criminal behavior.

199 criminal charges, 37 indictments or guilty pleas, and 5 prison sentences

The Trump Crime Syndicate, ladies and gentlemen!

Tell me though, why are you such a hater? Did Hunter steal your girlfriend? You take it all so personally. It must be the right wing mainstream media whipping you up into an emotional frenzy with their fake news.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1007 on: October 31, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »

Funny, because I was literally asked specifically for advice a few pages back. You always manage to faceplant in the most cartoonishly obvious ways.

I sincerely hope you are joking. You should not be giving direct advice on anything related to investing or personal finance.

If anyone needs some advice on investments, please do not look for it here. Start with investing basics online, read a basic book, and consider talking to a professional.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl He's got no response, guys!  hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

It's okay, I'm sure it's tough when you have nothing but bluster and zero substance to back you up. You're forced to prove my point by once again picking out a single sentence to respond to with desperate juvenile derision, while you leave 99% of the argument on the table.

Anyway, I sincerely hope nobody ever asks you for investment advice, Mr. "August 2008 was a good time to invest"  Roll Eyes

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1008 on: October 31, 2020, 04:20:28 PM »

You mean like the tax giveaways to his rich cronies that just went into stock buybacks and which included built-in increases for the middle class after the 2020 election? Thanks for once again proving you love the market because it's the antithesis of the actual living conditions of the working class. The stock price of a company goes up when they outsource an entire factory of jobs to China. Sandman is all about giving more power and money to the elites while stomping on the working man.

That you think this only proves how hopelessly blinded by partisanship you are. Self-awareness is a virtue, my friend!

Think about that.

If only you'd take your own advice...

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1009 on: October 31, 2020, 04:26:20 PM »

It really exposes Sandman's denial of reality when there are so many examples of right wingers already trying to steal the election and start civil war. Especially contrasted against the only thing approximating "violence" on the left being completely unrelated to the election and about state sanctioned extrajudicial murder of unarmed citizens. At this point, I'm not convinced they won't still be violent even if they win. We already know that hate crimes surged under Trump. When you have a president that advocates violence, this is the unavoidable result. Fascists don't suddenly become peaceful after they obtain power. We've seen nothing but escalation of violence the past 4 years. To think that trend wouldn't continue would be naïve.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1010 on: November 02, 2020, 09:40:15 AM »

It really exposes Sandman's denial of reality when there are so many examples of right wingers already trying to steal the election and start civil war. Especially contrasted against the only thing approximating "violence" on the left being completely unrelated to the election and about state sanctioned extrajudicial murder of unarmed citizens. At this point, I'm not convinced they won't still be violent even if they win. We already know that hate crimes surged under Trump. When you have a president that advocates violence, this is the unavoidable result. Fascists don't suddenly become peaceful after they obtain power. We've seen nothing but escalation of violence the past 4 years. To think that trend wouldn't continue would be naïve.

And it happened in New Jersey too with them blocking the road, ironic when it's protests on the left they say they shouldn't block the road and have the right to run them down if they don't move, but when they block roads its just fine.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1011 on: November 02, 2020, 11:23:19 AM »

I thought that Texas picture was pretty cool.  Those big pickup trucks flying flags are somewhere between frightening and patriotic.  Guess it depends on which side you are on.

Day before and polls have Biden in the lead.  I'm not worried about unrest after the election.  We always have a few psychos that prey on the rest of us and people worried about them taking over.  And a news media willing to feed into it.

So my friend who is working the polls is recommended to quarantine for 14 days afterwards due to the number of people she will get exposed to.  I think we need to perfect voting in another way other than showing up to the polls.  I think you get more votes that way.  It has its problems but that can be worked out.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1012 on: November 02, 2020, 01:22:42 PM »

Sorry nothing cool about trying to run someone off the road.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1013 on: November 02, 2020, 01:57:45 PM »

Exactly this.

I don't care who you support, if you're trying to run a bus off the road, you're an asshole.  You're not cool.  You're not a patriot. And you should go to fucking jail for trying to do it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1014 on: November 02, 2020, 03:01:48 PM »

Exactly this.

I don't care who you support, if you're trying to run a bus off the road, you're an asshole.  You're not cool.  You're not a patriot. And you should go to fucking jail for trying to do it.

Did they really try to run them off the road or is that just hype or people's what if fears.  They got them blocked in and slowed them down, that's all that happen.  The bus driver didn't freak out and have a wreck.  No tires shot out, no guns being flashed about.  I wasn't there but it doesn't look like much to freak out about to me. 

The car line to go vote early stretched back onto the highway.  It's going to be a nice day to stand in line tomorrow.  I don't think I need to bring supplies.  I'm not going to starve in a couple of hours and with the line moving I think a chair would just be a pain in the ass.  I will bring a large coffee.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1015 on: November 02, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »

Funny, because I was literally asked specifically for advice a few pages back. You always manage to faceplant in the most cartoonishly obvious ways.

I sincerely hope you are joking. You should not be giving direct advice on anything related to investing or personal finance.

If anyone needs some advice on investments, please do not look for it here. Start with investing basics online, read a basic book, and consider talking to a professional.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl He's got no response, guys!  hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

It's okay, I'm sure it's tough when you have nothing but bluster and zero substance to back you up. You're forced to prove my point by once again picking out a single sentence to respond to with desperate juvenile derision, while you leave 99% of the argument on the table.

Anyway, I sincerely hope nobody ever asks you for investment advice, Mr. "August 2008 was a good time to invest"  Roll Eyes

it is clear you are uneducated. and you will hurt anyone in this thread that actually takes your advice. it's tough to have a discussion with someone that cannot understand basic math, and that chooses to ignore reality.

in my profession (audit partner), I abide by audit ethical standards and ownership requirements, to never provide investment advice to clients. for the obvious liability risks. But I do the same in my personal life, because people assume "you're a business guy" that you can give investment advice. that is not always true.

also, there is no investment advice you should ever give without fully understanding an individual's financial situation and their goals. Investment strategies vary greatly among different individuals.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1016 on: November 02, 2020, 06:05:30 PM »

I made a generalization to simplify things. The markets have been going up and up....

Obviously governments can aid this. But looking at data, it doesn't seem like Democratic presidents were bad for the stock market either.

Think about that.

Some people need very little "reason" to start shit.

To use Donald's logic, there's bad people on all sides.

Edited to add: The fact that there are riots/looting when a sports team WINS says it all....

Did you skip the part about corruption?

I thought we were under the belief here that only career politicians like Joe Biden would be corrupt and Trump is totally clean and immune to anything closely corrupt? Like hiring his family, solely because they're the best in the USA for those government roles....

/jarmo

I hated trump hiring Jared to do anything. is that corruption? I guess you could call it that. but Jared is a billionaire. giving him that role didn't do much for him financially. AND he was pretty successful considering all the progress in the middle east achieved with his help. he also was instrumental in getting the First Step Act passed. 

now there have been suggestions that he capitalized on deals made while serving as an advisor, but nothing blatant.

with the Biden Crime Family, you have:

- FBI money laundering investigation
- Naval officer witness
- Document created by Biden
- "10 percent for the Big Guy" (Joe Biden)

but somehow all of this equals Russian disinformation. and liberals just accept that.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1017 on: November 02, 2020, 06:27:51 PM »

Exactly this.

I don't care who you support, if you're trying to run a bus off the road, you're an asshole.  You're not cool.  You're not a patriot. And you should go to fucking jail for trying to do it.

Did they really try to run them off the road or is that just hype or people's what if fears.  They got them blocked in and slowed them down, that's all that happen.  The bus driver didn't freak out and have a wreck.  No tires shot out, no guns being flashed about.  I wasn't there but it doesn't look like much to freak out about to me.  

The car line to go vote early stretched back onto the highway.  It's going to be a nice day to stand in line tomorrow.  I don't think I need to bring supplies.  I'm not going to starve in a couple of hours and with the line moving I think a chair would just be a pain in the ass.  I will bring a large coffee.
Yes one of them actually rammed the SUV traveling with the bus. Glad i voted absentee and turned it in in person. Our final early total was 9.7 million. More then voted in 2016 entirely.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 06:29:58 PM by tim_m » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1018 on: November 02, 2020, 07:43:34 PM »

/jarmo

Think about that.

Except there was a poll recently that questioned Biden and Trump supporters on what they'd do if their guy lost. 20% of Biden supporters said they'd challenge the results. 16% of Trump supporters said they'd resort toe protests and violence. oops.

DC is boarded up. DC voted 4% for trump in 2016. I’m sure the city is really concerned about those trump supporters. Give me a break.

All cities that are overwhelmingly loaded with biden supporters and antifa, are boarding up just in case trump wins.

I think they call it for Biden early tomorrow. There will be no riots. Maybe some small one offs,
cause in a country of over 300 million, you have plenty of idiots. But no BLM/antifa level riots and looting.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1019 on: November 02, 2020, 10:16:36 PM »

/jarmo

Think about that.

DC is boarded up. DC voted 4% for trump in 2016. I’m sure the city is really concerned about those trump supporters. Give me a break.

All cities that are overwhelmingly loaded with biden supporters and antifa, are boarding up just in case trump wins.

I think they call it for Biden early tomorrow. There will be no riots. Maybe some small one offs,
cause in a country of over 300 million, you have plenty of idiots. But no BLM/antifa level riots and looting.

Maybe you missed all the trouble those non violent Trump supporters were causing all weekend. Trying to run people off the road, blocking roads in several major cities etc. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/522664-most-in-new-poll-say-they-will-accept-election-results-no-matter-who-wins

None of the Biden respondents who said they wouldn't accept the results mentioned a thing about violence, Trump supporters? Not so much.

I think there's a chance it gets called early tomorrow or at least tomorrow. If it comes down to Pennsylvania though no chance. Too big of a state to get all the absentee ballots counted since they do not start counting there until the polls close. If Trump loses MI and WI, which i think there's a good shot he does it is quite likely we have a winner tomorrow, because then he only needs NC,FL,GA,TX or OH. If he loses AZ it could be a 269 tie but that could change if Biden carries ME-2 or NE-2. Which i think he has a good shot at. More or less i think we have to avoid the PA scenario to have a winner tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 10:26:51 PM by tim_m » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: