Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:14:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211196 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1020 on: November 02, 2020, 10:24:21 PM »

it is clear you are uneducated.

It's adorable how you've called me stupid twice now, but not offered a shred of evidence as to what I have said that was factually incorrect. How cowardly.

and you will hurt anyone in this thread that actually takes your advice. it's tough to have a discussion with someone that cannot understand basic math, and that chooses to ignore reality.

Again, no specific claims you're contesting, just personal insults. How desperate.

also, there is no investment advice you should ever give without fully understanding an individual's financial situation and their goals. Investment strategies vary greatly among different individuals.

As is characteristic of you, you bluster away without knowing anything at all about the conversation you're opining on. First of all, I said I was asked. Not that I gave advice. Second, it was not about specific investments. It was about how the market will react to the election results.

And here is what I said: "Anyone who gives you a prediction is full of shit. Ask a conservative and they'll say Biden=crash and Trump=bull market. Ask a progressive and they'll say the opposite. Either one is just trying to get your vote by way of scare tactics. The stock market really isn't terribly influenced by the president anyway, barring some radical changes being made."

Now, are you done embarrassing yourself because you have PermissionToLand Derangement Syndrome? Roll Eyes

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1021 on: November 02, 2020, 11:02:08 PM »

Sorry nothing cool about trying to run someone off the road.

Exactly this.

I don't care who you support, if you're trying to run a bus off the road, you're an asshole.  You're not cool.  You're not a patriot. And you should go to fucking jail for trying to do it.

Did they really try to run them off the road or is that just hype or people's what if fears.  They got them blocked in and slowed them down, that's all that happen.  The bus driver didn't freak out and have a wreck.  No tires shot out, no guns being flashed about.  I wasn't there but it doesn't look like much to freak out about to me.  

The car line to go vote early stretched back onto the highway.  It's going to be a nice day to stand in line tomorrow.  I don't think I need to bring supplies.  I'm not going to starve in a couple of hours and with the line moving I think a chair would just be a pain in the ass.  I will bring a large coffee.
Yes one of them actually rammed the SUV traveling with the bus. Glad i voted absentee and turned it in in person. Our final early total was 9.7 million. More then voted in 2016 entirely.

I did not read that about the SUV getting rammed.  That's uncalled for.  That picture certainly shows license plates so they shouldn't get away with that.  I did see that about Texas and the number of votes.  I think there's going to be a lot of voters this time.  I really want to keep the option to vote early going.  I would like to be able to do that from my home computer.  I'm voting tomorrow.  Not worried about being intimidated but then again, the police department is right across the street.  I'm wearing my mask but it's not required.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1022 on: November 03, 2020, 12:30:15 AM »

"Boogaloo Boi" charged in fire of Minneapolis police precinct during George Floyd protest

Ivan Harrison Hunter, a Texas rightwing extremist, bragged about helping to set the fire then was seen shooting 13 rounds at the building

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/23/texas-boogaloo-boi-minneapolis-police-building-george-floyd

Yes, that police station, the one right wingers spent months spreading pictures of on fire to radicalize and propagandize with.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1023 on: November 03, 2020, 06:40:34 AM »

I hated trump hiring Jared to do anything. is that corruption? I guess you could call it that. but Jared is a billionaire. giving him that role didn't do much for him financially. AND he was pretty successful considering all the progress in the middle east achieved with his help. he also was instrumental in getting the First Step Act passed. 

It's not only Jared. He hired his family. This is the kind of behavior we are used to from countries where democracy doesn't exist...

Just because you have a lot of money already, doesn't mean anything. Didn't you mention you work in finance? Ever saw anyone who has money and wanted more?

now there have been suggestions that he capitalized on deals made while serving as an advisor, but nothing blatant.

The whole organized family have made money on Donald being president. He stays at his own hotels etc and guess who pays for it?

So even if they're all rich and successful, it hasn't stopped them from pushing their own product on the customers (US government, foreign governments etc.)...

with the Biden Crime Family, you have:

- FBI money laundering investigation
- Naval officer witness
- Document created by Biden
- "10 percent for the Big Guy" (Joe Biden)

but somehow all of this equals Russian disinformation. and liberals just accept that.

Why is this so upsetting to you but all the things Trump has done isn't?

How many people in the Trump organization were convicted of crimes? Convicted, not suspected.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1024 on: November 03, 2020, 08:21:41 AM »

Exactly this.

I don't care who you support, if you're trying to run a bus off the road, you're an asshole.  You're not cool.  You're not a patriot. And you should go to fucking jail for trying to do it.

Did they really try to run them off the road or is that just hype or people's what if fears.  They got them blocked in and slowed them down, that's all that happen.  The bus driver didn't freak out and have a wreck.  No tires shot out, no guns being flashed about.  I wasn't there but it doesn't look like much to freak out about to me.  

The car line to go vote early stretched back onto the highway.  It's going to be a nice day to stand in line tomorrow.  I don't think I need to bring supplies.  I'm not going to starve in a couple of hours and with the line moving I think a chair would just be a pain in the ass.  I will bring a large coffee.
Yes one of them actually rammed the SUV traveling with the bus. Glad i voted absentee and turned it in in person. Our final early total was 9.7 million. More then voted in 2016 entirely.

I did not read that about the SUV getting rammed.  That's uncalled for.  That picture certainly shows license plates so they shouldn't get away with that.  I did see that about Texas and the number of votes.  I think there's going to be a lot of voters this time.  I really want to keep the option to vote early going.  I would like to be able to do that from my home computer.  I'm voting tomorrow.  Not worried about being intimidated but then again, the police department is right across the street.  I'm wearing my mask but it's not required.
Yeah the FBI is investigating it. I expect huge turnout. They're saying the most since at least 1908. You've always been able to vote early, do you mean the extended early period? I agree. Ours was extended a week and look what happened. People actually vote when you make it easier. Good luck, i hope you don't have to wait long.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1025 on: November 03, 2020, 08:22:20 AM »

"Boogaloo Boi" charged in fire of Minneapolis police precinct during George Floyd protest

Ivan Harrison Hunter, a Texas rightwing extremist, bragged about helping to set the fire then was seen shooting 13 rounds at the building

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/23/texas-boogaloo-boi-minneapolis-police-building-george-floyd

Yes, that police station, the one right wingers spent months spreading pictures of on fire to radicalize and propagandize with.
I'm like so shocked!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1026 on: November 03, 2020, 08:31:30 AM »

How come people supporting Trump, and the man himself, still wear those MAGA hats?

Doesn't that imply that whoever is currently in charge didn't make American great again? And that Trump needs to win to do that?

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1027 on: November 03, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »

How come people supporting Trump, and the man himself, still wear those MAGA hats?

Doesn't that imply that whoever is currently in charge didn't make American great again? And that Trump needs to win to do that?

hihi

/jarmo

Exactly this.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1028 on: November 03, 2020, 11:17:48 AM »

Did they really try to run them off the road or is that just hype or people's what if fears.  They got them blocked in and slowed them down, that's all that happen.  The bus driver didn't freak out and have a wreck.  No tires shot out, no guns being flashed about.  I wasn't there but it doesn't look like much to freak out about to me. 

There is video of them actually making contact with the bus.  The FBI is investigating it.  The driver says they made contact with the bus several times, and he was able to keep the vehicle under control.  They also sideswiped the SUV travelling with the bus.

I stand by what I said earlier.

The car line to go vote early stretched back onto the highway.  It's going to be a nice day to stand in line tomorrow.  I don't think I need to bring supplies.  I'm not going to starve in a couple of hours and with the line moving I think a chair would just be a pain in the ass.  I will bring a large coffee.

I was in and out in 10 minutes this morning...which is twice as long as it normally takes in our sleepy little subrural town (half suburbs, half farming and vinyards...no lie).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1029 on: November 03, 2020, 11:23:09 AM »

I'm totally getting 2016 deja vu watching election coverage.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm sliding more toward 60/40 Trump wins.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1030 on: November 03, 2020, 11:43:03 AM »

I'm totally getting 2016 deja vu watching election coverage.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm sliding more toward 60/40 Trump wins.

That would be truly frightening.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1031 on: November 03, 2020, 12:26:53 PM »

Imagine... Four more years of Trump. For more years of division, four more years of "I know because I told me so".....Your allies are the bad guys, the bad guys are the good guys because they write beautiful letters.

Science is the enemy along with anyone who doesn't follow the leader...

It's not gonna be a pretty world we will have in 2024 in that scenario.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 12:29:04 PM by jarmo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1032 on: November 03, 2020, 01:11:58 PM »

I believe Creepy Joe wins PA, but there is no way in hell he wins it by 8 points. I've driven all over the state in recent weeks. it's not like 2016 was where there is NO enthusiasm for Hillary. i see some for Biden, so I think he wins it, but maybe by 3 points. 

I got to the polling place in Bucks County, PA at 6:30AM. I counted 250 people. by 7AM at least another 100. polls opened at 7AM. got our of there at 8:30. my township voted Trump 61/39 in 2016.

lots of illegal activities going on at the polls today in philly and Bucks County PA.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1033 on: November 03, 2020, 01:14:12 PM »

It's adorable how you've called me stupid twice now, but not offered a shred of evidence as to what I have said that was factually incorrect. How cowardly.

you are WAY too sensitive. you are uneducated with respects to investing. that's not an insult. we are all not educated on plenty of stuff. i'm not educated on nursing. if someone points out that fact, it's not an insult.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1034 on: November 03, 2020, 01:18:35 PM »

I hated trump hiring Jared to do anything. is that corruption? I guess you could call it that. but Jared is a billionaire. giving him that role didn't do much for him financially. AND he was pretty successful considering all the progress in the middle east achieved with his help. he also was instrumental in getting the First Step Act passed. 

It's not only Jared. He hired his family. This is the kind of behavior we are used to from countries where democracy doesn't exist...

Just because you have a lot of money already, doesn't mean anything. Didn't you mention you work in finance? Ever saw anyone who has money and wanted more?

now there have been suggestions that he capitalized on deals made while serving as an advisor, but nothing blatant.

The whole organized family have made money on Donald being president. He stays at his own hotels etc and guess who pays for it?

So even if they're all rich and successful, it hasn't stopped them from pushing their own product on the customers (US government, foreign governments etc.)...

with the Biden Crime Family, you have:

- FBI money laundering investigation
- Naval officer witness
- Document created by Biden
- "10 percent for the Big Guy" (Joe Biden)

but somehow all of this equals Russian disinformation. and liberals just accept that.

Why is this so upsetting to you but all the things Trump has done isn't?

How many people in the Trump organization were convicted of crimes? Convicted, not suspected.

/jarmo

did you miss the part where I said I didn't like Trump hiring Jared?

why do you only care about corruption on the Republican side?

the families of every president benefit financially. it's sickening how much richer they all get. but that does not by itself evidence of corruption.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1035 on: November 03, 2020, 01:27:56 PM »

hihi

/jarmo

liberals have never understood what MAGA stands for.

their side lost in 2016. they were angry. many said our horrible things would happen under Trump, including some on this board. neighborhoods would burn. war with iran. ISIS attacks. war with NK. economy would tank. etc. etc. 

the media fed them lies about trump for the past 3.5 years. and because of their anger, they ate it all up.

MAGA is a state of mind where we know that our political system is f'd up. filled with corrupt politicians on both sides. MAGA is about doing what is best for America and all the citizens living there. it's about changing the political system - that would take a generation, and will not happen in my lifetime.

but hey, Trump is a fascist, right (as record number of citizens vote in our democratic process).

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1036 on: November 03, 2020, 02:09:17 PM »

you are WAY too sensitive. you are uneducated with respects to investing. that's not an insult. we are all not educated on plenty of stuff. i'm not educated on nursing. if someone points out that fact, it's not an insult.

Can you elaborate?

I think he will win PA too, i just hope it doesn't come down to that state, if it does it could be Friday before it is called.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 02:14:02 PM by tim_m » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1037 on: November 03, 2020, 02:57:43 PM »

did you miss the part where I said I didn't like Trump hiring Jared?

why do you only care about corruption on the Republican side?

the families of every president benefit financially. it's sickening how much richer they all get. but that does not by itself evidence of corruption.

Didn't miss anything. You hated him being hired, then list his "accomplishments". Seems like you don't mind...

I'm just pointing out how a guy who went to get elected with a promise of draining the swamp isn't as clean as you want him to be. He brought criminals with him!

I don't think anyone gets into politics and comes out poorer, or without some kind of benefits.

Including your MAGAman.

MAGA is a state of mind where we know that our political system is f'd up. filled with corrupt politicians on both sides. MAGA is about doing what is best for America and all the citizens living there. it's about changing the political system - that would take a generation, and will not happen in my lifetime.

but hey, Trump is a fascist, right (as record number of citizens vote in our democratic process).

Does this MAGA state of mind include respecting differing opinions, different backgrounds, differences between citizens?

Great that you're aware that the system is fucked up, yet the Republican party is the one who wants to keep it that way...

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1038 on: November 03, 2020, 03:23:27 PM »

lots of illegal activities going on at the polls today in philly and Bucks County PA.

No kidding; violent, armed supporters of Pedo Trump have been intimidating women and children at the polls. Hide your wife and for fuck's sake hide your daughter!

Once again, you fail to make any specific claims because you know you have nothing but bluster on your side. SAD!

It's okay, take a deep breath, your PDS is showing. You're not educated on anything. You cannot understand basic concepts taught to children like 1+1=2. These are not insults!  Roll Eyes

their side lost in 2016. they were angry. many said our horrible things would happen under Trump, including some on this board. neighborhoods would burn. war with iran. ISIS attacks. war with NK. economy would tank. etc. etc.

LOL, I love how your examples of "hysteria" almost all came true and you're too "uneducated" to even realize you just faceplanted.

- Neighborhoods burning? Check.
 - War w/ Iran? Came right up to the brink.
 - ISIS attacks? On the rise.
 - North Korea? Restarted nuclear research and given legitimacy by President "I fell in love with Kim Jong Un".
 - Economy tanking? Check.

Record numbers of mail-in votes, which your guy is fighting to throw in the trash, and may very well get his way thanks to an AG who believes the president is a Dictator with "absolute power" (Trump didn't get that from nowhere) and a supreme court with a new justice who literally worked to subvert the 2000 election on Bush's behalf.

You are Fascists, just fucking admit it already.

But you won't, because Fascists are cowards.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 03:29:39 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1039 on: November 03, 2020, 08:00:08 PM »

Exactly this.

Yeah the FBI is investigating it. I expect huge turnout. They're saying the most since at least 1908. You've always been able to vote early, do you mean the extended early period? I agree. Ours was extended a week and look what happened. People actually vote when you make it easier. Good luck, i hope you don't have to wait long.

I was only in line about 45 minutes and it was a nice day.  Eerily silent though.  Nobody was talking.  We got a free pen about the size of your bowling pencil.  St Louis County got a real pen, lol.  They were able to vote at any polling place in the county other then their assigned spot and could check the wait times online.  They got rid of the notarizing requirement on absentee ballots here for mailing them in and you didn't really have to have an excuse to vote early in person.

Have to admit I was waiting till closer to the election just in case anybody died from covid or other things, might have changed how I voted.  Hard to call with so many people coming out.  Think it might be a really late night or even days.  Haven't seen a political commercial in the last two hours!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: