Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211198 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1040 on: November 03, 2020, 09:21:26 PM »

As the night goes on, and Biden underperforms, I am sliding to 70/30, Trump wins.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1041 on: November 03, 2020, 09:29:21 PM »

You are Fascists, just fucking admit it already.

But you won't, because Fascists are cowards.

More insults. And one of the most vile and disgusting insults at that.

Are the non-whites that voted for Trump fascists too?

Your lack of education and life experiences shine through when u post like this. With limited life prospects and total lack of financial stability, it is understandable.

Try a little humility and stop embracing your lack of knowledge. You can learn if you have an open mind.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1042 on: November 03, 2020, 10:50:37 PM »

Florida seems to be heading towards Trump
NC is crazy close
They should make tomorrow an official holiday  yes
Just put more coffee on - love this stuff
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1043 on: November 03, 2020, 10:52:59 PM »

You are Fascists, just fucking admit it already.

But you won't, because Fascists are cowards.

More insults. And one of the most vile and disgusting insults at that.

Are the non-whites that voted for Trump fascists too?

Your lack of education and life experiences shine through when u post like this. With limited life prospects and total lack of financial stability, it is understandable.

Try a little humility and stop embracing your lack of knowledge. You can learn if you have an open mind.

That's not an insult, it's a statement of fact. You support a man who violates our democracy like he did that 13 year old girl in 1994. You support a man who fits every one of the tenets of Fascism. And you cannot even form a rebuttal to that argument, so you just feign offense and tone police, while tossing insults out the other side of your mouth. Do you really think your gaslighting isn't nakedly obvious to everyone here?

Fascism is an ideology, not a race.  You keep proving your lack of knowledge and it's embarrassing.

Keep on leaning into insults because you're triggered over the fact that you can't refute my arguments with your words like a big boy.  Roll Eyes

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1044 on: November 03, 2020, 10:55:08 PM »

NC is crazy close
It is gonna be a long night, so many early votes still not counted in the blue firewall states.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1045 on: November 03, 2020, 11:09:03 PM »

NC is crazy close
It is gonna be a long night, so many early votes still not counted in the blue firewall states.

Yes sir -
Arizona going blue

Penn early but not looking good for Uncle Joe at this point
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1046 on: November 03, 2020, 11:59:59 PM »

NC is crazy close

Yes sir -
Arizona going blue

Penn early but not looking good for Uncle Joe at this point

Way too early to even say that. The 3 populous counties have only gotten through 76k absentee ballots and they have 1.1 million combined.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1047 on: November 04, 2020, 12:19:12 AM »

Yeah, Pilferk, we knew for a long time there was gonna be a red mirage as all the day-of votes are counted first, and of course then you have the fact that Trump voters are more rural, where resources are not stretched thin the way they are in cities with million of voters.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1048 on: November 04, 2020, 12:41:28 AM »

I still feel pretty confident Biden wins this. If he holds AZ gets NE-2 he only needs PA and MI.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1049 on: November 04, 2020, 06:06:16 AM »

Still pretty sure Trump is going to win....now at about 80/20.

We'll see.

What we do know is that Republicans massively overperformed the polls last night.....by a remakably consistent margin (about 5% to 6%).  They'll pick up House seats and they will retain the majority in the Senate by a decent margin.  

And as Trump has said, he's going to fight any Biden victory that manifests after last night.

Call it the Trump shy vote. Speculate that COVID-19, which Dems seem to take more seriously, hurt Dem election day vote. Ponder that polling methodology is totally flawed and useless.  But the facts are the facts.  While in 2016, you could make arguments that state polling was all showing Trump trends, and most of their predictions were inside the margin of error...you can't make that argument in 2020.  No reputable polls showed a narrowing race in MI, WI, or even Nevada.  And a lot of battleground state polls was about 5 to 6 points "off" in terms of final results.

Trump was right. He was the only person who predicted it. Call it broken clock syndrome, but it's getting harder to do that, all things considered. He seems to have a finger on the pulse of the Republican party and knows both what will turn them out, and how they'll turn out.

I think we all have to get used to the fact the next 2 years are going to be a reflection of the last 2.

Even if Biden somehow manages to eke out a VERY narrow victory....there's some hard truths in what happened last night that Dems have to come to terms with. If they hope to remain viable over the next 4 years, and compete in 2024, they're going to need to do that pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 06:43:10 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1050 on: November 04, 2020, 06:17:28 AM »

I still feel pretty confident Biden wins this. If he holds AZ gets NE-2 he only needs PA and MI.

Maybe it's a red mirage, but.....I don't think he gets PA.  And I think MI is 70/30 against.

We'll see.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1051 on: November 04, 2020, 08:47:13 AM »

Maybe it's a red mirage, but.....I don't think he gets PA.  And I think MI is 70/30 against.

We'll see.

It's narrowing further. Biden wins Michigan, holds Arizona and he wins.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1052 on: November 04, 2020, 09:03:15 AM »

Wow! looks like we had some excitement last night. all the libs were in full panic mode. some still are! hilarious. relax. Biden will win, and in the end it will not look that close.

Still, the state polls were dreadfully wrong. not only were Trump and some of his supporters right about this, but you have to at least acknowledge that there COULD be something sinister at play.

suppression polls. the media and big tech interfered with this election, and I think the pollsters may have as well. any poll that had Trump closer within any states was labeled as "wrong" "biased" "republican friendly" and "in the tank for trump." so now that its clear it is actually the other way around, you have to at least consider it.

Cocaine Mitch may be the big winner. Dems spent hundreds of millions to win the Senate. did they actually fail???  I actually like when the president has congress early in his term. get some shit done and let's see how it plays out. that may not happen. Biden does not appear to have any kind of mandate. the question is, do the republicans go full payback mode for the BS they put trump through for 4 years? plenty to go after with the Biden Crime Family.

If the Republicans do retain the Senate, I hope they avoid the temptation. in the end, that shit is not good for the country in any way shape or form. finish the FBI investigation quickly and if there is not hardcore evidence, drop it.  

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1053 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:27 AM »

Maybe it's a red mirage, but.....I don't think he gets PA.  And I think MI is 70/30 against.

We'll see.

He needs to hold Nevada (and its razor thin), take Arizona, and then take Michigan, Wisconsin, and take  3 of Maine's 4.

That puts him at 270.

He now has leads...if razor thin ones...in all of those states and districts.  I'm not sure those hold up. We'll see.

It looks like Dems will pick up 2 in the Senate (though they also dropped the Alabama seat), with the January run off in Georgia and the Collins seat being question marks.  If Collins tops 50%, obviously she gets the seat.  Right now she's just under that.  If there's no majority candidate, I think the ranked choice stuff kicks in?  Then we'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 09:26:00 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1054 on: November 04, 2020, 09:49:32 AM »

Do not count out PA either.. PA officials said there are still 1.4 million outstanding votes. That's enough to turn Biden's 500k deficit into a million vote win. Right now i would still rather be Biden then Trump.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1055 on: November 04, 2020, 10:27:40 AM »

Trump's margin is beginning to narrow in PA. It is now 10%.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1056 on: November 04, 2020, 10:45:28 AM »

Maybe it's a red mirage, but.....I don't think he gets PA.  And I think MI is 70/30 against.

We'll see.

He needs to hold Nevada (and its razor thin), take Arizona, and then take Michigan, Wisconsin, and take  3 of Maine's 4.

That puts him at 270.

He now has leads...if razor thin ones...in all of those states and districts.  I'm not sure those hold up. We'll see.

It looks like Dems will pick up 2 in the Senate (though they also dropped the Alabama seat), with the January run off in Georgia and the Collins seat being question marks.  If Collins tops 50%, obviously she gets the seat.  Right now she's just under that.  If there's no majority candidate, I think the ranked choice stuff kicks in?  Then we'll see what happens.

How crazy would it be if a single EC vote in Nebraska gives Biden the presidency.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1057 on: November 04, 2020, 10:47:18 AM »

Biden continuing to cut into the PA lead, under 10% now.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1058 on: November 04, 2020, 12:08:19 PM »

Biden won 3 of the 4 in Maine. If he holds on in MI, WI and AZ game, set and match.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1059 on: November 04, 2020, 12:20:04 PM »

Georgia is now beginning to narrow.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: