Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211150 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1520 on: January 11, 2021, 11:33:23 AM »

What does being anti Antifa(scist) make one?

/jarmo

no one in here supports fascism. so stop trying. you look truly pathetic trying to insinuate that a fellow long time poster on your board is a fascist.

99.999% of americans are against fascism.

antifa has a creative name, but they conveniently act like fascists themselves, with just different goals and enemies. THAT's what MANY in the US are against, including every liberal i know.

the mayor of Portland FINALLY came out and said this:

“My good faith efforts at de-escalation have been met with ongoing violence and even scorn from radical antifa and anarchists,” Wheeler said. “In response, it will be necessary to use additional tools and to push the limits of the tools we already have to bring the criminal destruction and violence to an end.”

https://katu.com/news/local/mayor-law-enforcement-leaders-condemn-overnight-riot-in-portland

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1521 on: January 11, 2021, 01:05:46 PM »

hihi  hihi

Triggered yet, Trumper?  Tongue

You've been playing your games for quite some time now.

But others can't do the same to you? Cheesy Just kidding..... Seriously though, can't be easy for you when the guy who claimed to be the greatest president ever, really isn't and history will show it.

You've been defending a person who told his supporters to overthrow the democratic process of validating the peoples' votes.

The guy who likes to play nice with extreme right wing militias and others who don't really care about democracy, but claim to fight for freedom.

And now you're upset that these things have caught up with you? Ok....

Edited to add: Just a quick question: In your opinion, are the people who stormed the Capitol domestic terrorists?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:22:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1522 on: January 11, 2021, 01:21:03 PM »

I'm a car guy too and I'm not worried at all. Even if you're a fan of vintage muscle, I find it highly unlikely antiques would ever be banned, as recreational driving is a tiny, tiny sliver of the total emissions. Most of them come from shipping, which is a good incentive to bring as much industry back home as is feasible. Also, something that blows a lot of car guys minds because they never considered it, is the extent to which we could replicate the experience of an internal combustion engine. You could have an EV with its motor's torque curve matched to, for example, a 440 Magnum, have electric rumble motors match the feeling of the engine shaking the chassis, have ambient high fidelity recordings of a real 440's exhaust tone, match the shift points of a torqueflight or even a simulated Muncie stickshift... the possibilities are endless. I'm patenting my "leaded gasoline" air freshener right now!

As Douglas Adams says predicting the future is a mug's game.  Not sure what a mug is, something they say in England.  Reading something he wrote that Bill Gates said at one time, Gates couldn't conceive of anybody needing more than 640k of memory in their home computer.  hihi  Lots of people predicted many things that were limited by the times only to have the times more forward and open up more possibilities.  I think we'll always have a need for speed and go places.  Cars or whatever they become will always be on the improvement list.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1523 on: January 11, 2021, 02:06:59 PM »

All joking aside.

There is something slightly ironic that the party that's been supporting the president and his quest to divide people are now asking for unity.

Do they think people forget that fast?

History will not be kind to these people. Just because they were trying to rewrite the story with their alternative facts for the past few years doesn't mean that's how things actually happened.

We're seeing people now question politicians over here in Europe who were quick to kiss Trump's ass. He was the savior of the Western world, he was the greatest president etc. according to a lot of right wing populists. Now they're trying to backtrack... But some of them are still living in a "Us vs them" world claiming communism (the Democrats) is gonna take over the USA

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:09:17 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1524 on: January 11, 2021, 02:31:59 PM »

hihi  hihi

Triggered yet, Trumper?  Tongue

pushing back when someone makes a lazy argument, insults me, and suggests i am something vial in a public forum....if that is your definition of being triggered, than yes, i am.

you have taken things to an all time low.

You've been playing your games for quite some time now.

But others can't do the same to you? Cheesy Just kidding..... Seriously though, can't be easy for you when the guy who claimed to be the greatest president ever, really isn't and history will show it.

Been playing games since the insults were allowed in this thread and it went to shit in 2017. i've made that clear.

posters have been doing the same to me for years. this is nothing new - SOP in this thread.

You've been defending a person who told his supporters to overthrow the democratic process of validating the peoples' votes.
you have a quote for this?

The guy who likes to play nice with extreme right wing militias and others who don't really care about democracy, but claim to fight for freedom.
Blatant lie.

And now you're upset that these things have caught up with you? Ok....

Not sure what you mean. Nothing has "caught up" with me. you called me a Fascist and i called you out it.

there's alot of insults in this thread, but its typically about one's intelligence, or inability to admit their wrong, or whatever.

you took it to a different level. like i said, a new low.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1525 on: January 11, 2021, 04:09:37 PM »

pushing back when someone makes a lazy argument, insults me, and suggests i am something vial in a public forum....if that is your definition of being triggered, than yes, i am.

Nowhere was the Anti Antifascist question aimed specifically at you. That's all in your mind.

It was a general question considering many are afraid of Antifa, communism etc without even knowing what it means. They just hear it repeated and believe it.

I didn't know you were one of those people who are looking for reasons to be offended?

Me? LOL.

I'm just playing by your rules, and the bar was set by people like the one who told people to march to the Capitol... People who were questioning Obama's birth certificate years ago. People who claim there was election fraud and can't move on after losing an election. Oh wait, that was just the Democrats? Oops.

I don't need quotes? We can read what you've said?

Not sure what you mean. Nothing has "caught up" with me. you called me a Fascist and i called you out it.

Lie.

See above. A post where no one was quoted, a post that wasn't aimed at anyone, a post that's a general question, and yet one person feels personally targeted. Don't you right wing guys have a name for this kind of behavior? I recall seeing it somewhere? Something about winter precipitation?

you took it to a different level. like i said, a new low.

Trust me. IF I wanna ask you a question, or call you a name, I will.

Not every single post I make here is aimed at you personally.

Everything doesn't center around you.

The question that triggered you was after a post by PermissionToLand. How the hell was it aimed at you?

If you wanna feel like the poor victim, go ahead.

Edited to add: Just a quick question: In your opinion, are the people who stormed the Capitol domestic terrorists?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 04:16:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1526 on: January 11, 2021, 11:40:11 PM »

no one in here supports fascism. so stop trying. you look truly pathetic trying to insinuate that a fellow long time poster on your board is a fascist.

Oh how the cornered hog squeals...

I love how you take a completely undirected statement personally. Jarmo is too much a gentleman to ever say what you shamelessly and falsely accuse him of. But I'll say it because I'm just not "politically correct" like you people demand everyone submit to being:

YOU support fascism. You openly admit to your support of a fascist movement, which you won't even attempt to defend against that characterization because you know you can't.

Feigning offense when outed is a key tactic of fascists. As Jean Paul Sartre said, you delight in abusing your opponent's adherence to civility in order to undermine the very principle of civility.

99.999% of americans are against fascism.

[citation needed]

Funny because a poll just came out showing that 45% of Republicans explicitly support the insurrection:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/republicans-congress-capitol-support-trump-b1783807.html

And 78% of them still support the president who lead it.

Would you say somebody who simply supported the Beer Hall Putsch is not necessarily a Nazi?

antifa has a creative name, but they conveniently act like fascists themselves, with just different goals and enemies. THAT's what MANY in the US are against, including every liberal i know.

Similarly, you've been unable to explain how antifa are supposedly fascist. Cmon now, you support a fascist, you of all people should know that fascism does not simply mean "anyone who engages in violence for any reason, including self defense". It's a very unique form of right wing extremism.

You can look it up in any dictionary you like, and you will find Fascism defined as a FAR RIGHT ideology.

Now tell me, do you seriously consider antifa to be a right wing group?  rofl rofl
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 01:49:28 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1527 on: January 12, 2021, 01:05:55 AM »

Meanwhile, Trump just criminalized humanitarian aid to Yemen.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1528 on: January 12, 2021, 01:34:14 AM »

The tactics have not changed since the civil rights movement; you turn around every criticism of you and blow it up until it dominates the discourse over the initial criticism itself. "How dare you call me a racist just for opposing desegregation. I simply oppose it on the grounds of "state's rights"! I will not stand for you impugning the good honor of the Thurmond family name!"

Do you really think you guys are fooling anyone with the dogwhistle politics?

Been playing games since the insults were allowed in this thread and it went to shit in 2017. i've made that clear.

posters have been doing the same to me for years. this is nothing new - SOP in this thread.

Maybe you shouldn't have elected a vulgarian to lead the country, then... Roll Eyes

Cry me a river. It's always a victim narrative with you people. And of course, using two wrongs to make a right. Something a grade schooler knows better than. Especially when you made up the other person's wrong entirely. "The Democrats MUST be cheating in the election, I've convinced myself of it, so that justifies me actually cheating!"

Blatant lie.

"LIBERATE MICHIGAN!"

... oops, some of my violent extremist supporters actually tried to kidnap the governor of Michigan...

Yeah, there's not any precedent for him inciting violence in the past or anything... no way he absolutely knew what he was doing from experience...

This is you, Sandman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvgZtdmyKlI
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 02:07:14 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1529 on: January 12, 2021, 04:20:34 AM »

For the record, I didn't call anyone here a fascist. I asked a question, when you're against something that's against fascism, technically what would that make you?

Very simple.

There's one person who (for some reason), felt personally targeted by my question.

If I have a need to ask someone something, I will. I have asked this person several questions over time. And it seems like, that more than once he has skipped answering simple questions. Instead do the "instead of answering a simple question let me pose you a question" routine....

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1530 on: January 12, 2021, 08:45:33 PM »

He can't have a normal conversation because he has to control the narrative. His ideology is all about control. I bet he was even grateful for the coup to distract from the debate he was previously being obliterated in a few pages back.

And while everyone is distracted, Trump is using his last few weeks in office to roll back LGBT civil rights. But yeah, totally not the party of Strom Thurmond and Lee Atwater showing it hasn't changed or anything...

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1531 on: January 12, 2021, 09:21:06 PM »

In light of the pandemic and the recent possible mass exposure at the capitol, I think they need to just cancel the inauguration for anyone who doesn't have to be there and do it virtually.  Go ahead and just put the city on shelter in place.  No need for anyone to show up in DC.  Maybe just do it at Camp David.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1532 on: January 12, 2021, 09:33:43 PM »

In light of the pandemic and the recent possible mass exposure at the capitol, I think they need to just cancel the inauguration for anyone who doesn't have to be there and do it virtually.  Go ahead and just put the city on shelter in place.  No need for anyone to show up in DC.  Maybe just do it at Camp David.

Agree - though I do think Presidents (Those not with the maturity of an infant) need to be there and congratulate the next one - it's a sign of unity, it's a sign of power and it's a sign of understanding that you held an office, you did not own it.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1533 on: January 13, 2021, 06:55:43 AM »

Do it in the oval, and broadcast to a big screen out on the gallery.

Safe, weather proof, and still allowing the public to witness it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1534 on: January 13, 2021, 10:35:08 AM »

For the record, I didn't call anyone here a fascist. I asked a question, when you're against something that's against fascism, technically what would that make you?

Very simple.

There's one person who (for some reason), felt personally targeted by my question.

If I have a need to ask someone something, I will. I have asked this person several questions over time. And it seems like, that more than once he has skipped answering simple questions. Instead do the "instead of answering a simple question let me pose you a question" routine....

/jarmo

you want to play games and beat around the bush. let me make this painfully clear for you:

I am anti-Antifa.

it is not just an idea in the US. it is well organized groups that promote violence and hate. the same things they are supposedly against. It is also highly political and push ideals that i am against, including communism, marxism , and anarchism. 

again, i am anti-Antifa. so what does that make me?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1535 on: January 13, 2021, 12:18:12 PM »

Agree - though I do think Presidents (Those not with the maturity of an infant) need to be there and congratulate the next one - it's a sign of unity, it's a sign of power and it's a sign of understanding that you held an office, you did not own it.

In normal times yes, out going and in coming together and invite as many people as possible.  I was reading when the 20th lands on a Sunday the president is sworn in in private and then again for the public on Monday.  Not normal times but we do have TV. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1536 on: January 13, 2021, 12:19:36 PM »

I am anti-Antifa.

Are you against fascism?

You're against a loose group of people who exist to counter fascism, right wing extremists and their supporters.

You list some of the ideas they push, yet they're not one group. True, there are people in that big group who probably idolize communism. There probably are some that enjoy fist fights with neonazis.
Just like there are Trump supporters who are racist. Does that mean Trump supporters push racism? Oh wait... Never mind. Using your logic, they do.....Right?

In my opinion, it seems like people have been told to be scared of these people. And they seem scary, they hear the words communism, violence and that sounds so scary. Yet, they are there to counter the opposite, which allegedly are fine people. But maybe even you got relatives who were the original American Antifa, when US soldiers fought the nazis in WW2.... Also, I bet many of those scary Antifa people are the same ones that have been labeled libs and snowflakes for the past four years. Now they're suddenly scarier than bearded men with machine guns who wanna overthrow democracy because they didn't like the result of an election?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 12:23:13 PM by jarmo » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1537 on: January 13, 2021, 12:27:14 PM »

Very simple.

/jarmo

you want to play games and beat around the bush. let me make this painfully clear for you:

I am anti-Antifa.

it is not just an idea in the US. it is well organized groups that promote violence and hate. the same things they are supposedly against. It is also highly political and push ideals that i am against, including communism, marxism , and anarchism. 

Sorry wasn't really following your discussion but the answer is brainwashed.  You've been sucked into a cult and lost your ability to think independently.  Get out, save yourself and runaway.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1538 on: January 13, 2021, 12:39:56 PM »

Very simple.

/jarmo

I am anti-Antifa.

Sorry wasn't really following your discussion but the answer is brainwashed.  You've been sucked into a cult and lost your ability to think independently.  Get out, save yourself and runaway.

you're a class act.  beer

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1539 on: January 13, 2021, 12:54:18 PM »

I am anti-Antifa.

Are you against fascism?

You're against a loose group of people who exist to counter fascism, right wing extremists and their supporters.

You list some of the ideas they push, yet they're not one group. True, there are people in that big group who probably idolize communism. There probably are some that enjoy fist fights with neonazis.
Just like there are Trump supporters who are racist. Does that mean Trump supporters push racism? Oh wait... Never mind. Using your logic, they do.....Right?

In my opinion, it seems like people have been told to be scared of these people. And they seem scary, they hear the words communism, violence and that sounds so scary. Yet, they are there to counter the opposite, which allegedly are fine people. But maybe even you got relatives who were the original American Antifa, when US soldiers fought the nazis in WW2.... Also, I bet many of those scary Antifa people are the same ones that have been labeled libs and snowflakes for the past four years. Now they're suddenly scarier than bearded men with machine guns who wanna overthrow democracy because they didn't like the result of an election?

/jarmo

no one is scared of Antifa. except maybe children because several of their members are convicted child rapists.

Antifa's strategy is violence. they attack people unprovoked, and they plan to destroy property - something they are very good at.

i'm against communism. but i don't think i should go assault people who support it. or blow up their property. I would never do that, and i would speak out AGAINST anyone that does.   

do you support violence and the destruction of property?

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: