Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211164 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1860 on: April 03, 2021, 07:35:48 PM »

I tend to get my news from multiple sources.

Reuters, AFP, AP, BBC, local media etc....

/jarmo

For me i check all sides. I follow all that are center, left center and right center. I avoid anything that is left or right.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1861 on: April 06, 2021, 04:08:37 PM »

That was weird.  Went to vote and they ask for my id.  Didn't want the mailed out card.  I offered to pull down my mask so they could compare the picture to the face but she said they weren't interested in that.  Said she just had to scan the barcode on the back.  So I could have sent my neighbor up here with my id to vote?  Id cards vote instead of people? 

I did get a decent ink pen out of it this time around.  There's my tax dollar.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1862 on: April 06, 2021, 04:14:07 PM »

"Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell warned big businesses they would face "serious consequences" after accusing them of employing "economic blackmail" in attempts to influence voting laws as the backlash over Georgia's elections law that imposes voting restrictions intensifies."

But please continue to support our campaigns and pay those corporate taxes.   hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1863 on: April 07, 2021, 01:31:55 AM »

Mcconnell is a tool.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1864 on: April 07, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »

Mcconnell is a tool.

It was hysterical.  SNL is going to have a field day with that.  You could hear the fire going out of that speech as he realized who it was he was threatening.

Some of these older politicians need to go.  Experience counts but if you're going to keep doing what you're doing, you're going to keep getting what you got.  A personal small fortune and privilege is not why you were elected.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1865 on: April 07, 2021, 04:53:24 PM »

It's a strange position for us to be in, where the GOP has become so extreme that even the corporations who fund them are pulling the reigns. I am very much against corporations throwing their weight around to pressure politicians in principle, but in the very narrow use case of protecting from attacks on democracy itself, I can abide.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1866 on: April 07, 2021, 11:29:59 PM »

It's a strange position for us to be in, where the GOP has become so extreme that even the corporations who fund them are pulling the reigns. I am very much against corporations throwing their weight around to pressure politicians in principle, but in the very narrow use case of protecting from attacks on democracy itself, I can abide.

It is good to see them standing up to the politicians and for citizens for a change.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1867 on: April 11, 2021, 04:43:24 AM »

The problem with just blaming the old fashioned media is that then people start listening to the so called alternative media.

I get it. Some just want the news, not have the news be yelled at them baked into opinions.

But turning to even more biased sources isn't the answer.

/jarmo

Just a few more questions, are ID cards provided free? What if a resident doesn't live nearby the DMV or whatever you call it and can't get there for lack of transportation etc. There's an issue with that all over the USA. In Georgia alone there are 200k people with no state ID. They are free but if you have no means to get to the place free doesn't exactly help you. Do you have any type of mail in voting or absentee like we do here? If so, what are the requirements?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1868 on: April 11, 2021, 06:08:22 AM »

Just a few more questions, are ID cards provided free?

No, you have to pay for one.

What if a resident doesn't live nearby the DMV or whatever you call it and can't get there for lack of transportation etc. There's an issue with that all over the USA. In Georgia alone there are 200k people with no state ID. They are free but if you have no means to get to the place free doesn't exactly help you.

There's two kinds of ID cards here.

One is basically valid within the EU, one is basically Sweden only.

The first you get from the police, so you visit the closest police station that handles issuing these ID cards and passports.

The second one you can get from a bank that you're a customer at or the tax office.

Yes, we probably have the same problems as you. Some people live in places without a police station and will have to travel to apply for one.

But driving licenses are valid identification here. And passports.

Do you have any type of mail in voting or absentee like we do here? If so, what are the requirements?

We usually have an election day where all the polling places are open for voting.
But there's also a system where each municipality has at least one place for advance voting. Advance voting starts about three weeks before the election day. Votes aren't counted at the advance polling places, they get sent to the polling places.

If you need to vote by messenger, you need to order these materials. Same if you are abroad and wish to vote by mail.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1869 on: April 12, 2021, 01:49:27 AM »

Just a few more questions, are ID cards provided free?

No, you have to pay for one.

What if a resident doesn't live nearby the DMV or whatever you call it and can't get there for lack of transportation etc. There's an issue with that all over the USA. In Georgia alone there are 200k people with no state ID. They are free but if you have no means to get to the place free doesn't exactly help you.

There's two kinds of ID cards here.

One is basically valid within the EU, one is basically Sweden only.

The first you get from the police, so you visit the closest police station that handles issuing these ID cards and passports.

The second one you can get from a bank that you're a customer at or the tax office.

Yes, we probably have the same problems as you. Some people live in places without a police station and will have to travel to apply for one.

But driving licenses are valid identification here. And passports.

Do you have any type of mail in voting or absentee like we do here? If so, what are the requirements?

We usually have an election day where all the polling places are open for voting.
But there's also a system where each municipality has at least one place for advance voting. Advance voting starts about three weeks before the election day. Votes aren't counted at the advance polling places, they get sent to the polling places.

If you need to vote by messenger, you need to order these materials. Same if you are abroad and wish to vote by mail.

/jarmo

I assume both ID's are a requirement? Do you have to have both to vote?

That is a major issue here.. We have a habit of closing polling locations in heavily populated areas where there are poor and minority populations. Which suppresses the vote.

Here it is all over the place as to how long the early voting is. Some places as little as a week. Some it's more then a month.

Sounds like your absentee system is similar to ours. Are yours limited to a certain set of circumstances? For instance, in my state you have to be disabled, over 65 or be able to prove you won't be in the country at the time.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1870 on: April 12, 2021, 07:19:10 AM »

I assume both ID's are a requirement? Do you have to have both to vote?

No, each ID type is an official way of identification. Just like a passport is.

One type of ID card is valid as an identification document in all of EU, while the other isn't. That's the main difference.

Sounds like your absentee system is similar to ours. Are yours limited to a certain set of circumstances? For instance, in my state you have to be disabled, over 65 or be able to prove you won't be in the country at the time.

I'm not sure, since you have to request to do it, which I've never done.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1871 on: April 15, 2021, 11:30:17 AM »

Biden to pull US troops from Afghanistan, end ‘forever war’ https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-troop-withdrawal-afghanistan-september-11-d2c7426736f9f530e0e62f2295a44d28

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1872 on: April 15, 2021, 11:50:22 AM »

So does this mean the terrorist attacks in the world are over?  Seems there were a couple in France not too long ago.  Afghanistan dropped out of the news a long time ago.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1873 on: April 16, 2021, 03:29:13 PM »

I eagerly await the return of Sandman to admit he was wrong about Trump being anti-war and Biden being a warmonger...

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1874 on: April 19, 2021, 09:55:23 AM »

I eagerly await the return of Sandman to admit he was wrong about Trump being anti-war and Biden being a warmonger...

Wow! i get mentioned in this thread more than Biden.

Kudos to Biden for removing troops. He is essentially continuing with Trump's plan. Trump had an agreement in place to remove all troops by May. Biden is a few months late, but still give him props.

personally, i do not make judgements of a prez 3 months into their term. Need to see what happens in the future, and would love some facts on what has already occurred.

For example, do we have an accurate count of innocent deaths in Syria when Biden bombed them about a month into his term?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1875 on: April 20, 2021, 07:43:16 AM »

Kudos to Biden for removing troops. He is essentially continuing with Trump's plan. Trump had an agreement in place to remove all troops by May. Biden is a few months late, but still give him props.

personally, i do not make judgements of a prez 3 months into their term. Need to see what happens in the future, and would love some facts on what has already occurred.

For example, do we have an accurate count of innocent deaths in Syria when Biden bombed them about a month into his term?

Where are the ones from Trump's multiple attacks there? Or are we just now pretending those never happened and none were killed under Trump?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1876 on: April 20, 2021, 11:46:54 PM »

rofl rofl rofl

I was wondering how this would manage to be to Trump's credit!  Roll Eyes

Leave it to his sheep to give Trump credit for setting a deadline that he doesn't have to meet! Hey, maybe Biden should set a deadline for peace in the middle east that comes one day after the next guy's inauguration!

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1877 on: April 20, 2021, 11:51:37 PM »

Where are the ones from Trump's multiple attacks there? Or are we just now pretending those never happened and none were killed under Trump?

He's already played his hand on that one, remember when he tried to suggest that Trump didn't do more drone strikes than Obama because somehow ones conducted in war zones didn't count? He can pretend with the best of them!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1878 on: April 21, 2021, 08:16:34 AM »

rofl rofl rofl

I was wondering how this would manage to be to Trump's credit!  Roll Eyes

Leave it to his sheep to give Trump credit for setting a deadline that he doesn't have to meet! Hey, maybe Biden should set a deadline for peace in the middle east that comes one day after the next guy's inauguration!

Facts are facts. Trump had an agreement to withdraw troops at a time that seemed appropriate for all involved.

call me a sheep all you want. at least i called out Trump when he bombed syria. i didn't support it and i made that known.

also, called him out on plenty of other things. trump supporters on this board consistently did that.

Libs having principles and calling out people on "their side"? doesn't happen too frequently on here. even when "their side" does things that clearly conflict with their morals and principles - ya know, like bombing innocent people.

you can call it out no matter who does it, or you can find a way to justify it. "but trump" can last you as many years as you like.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1879 on: April 22, 2021, 04:05:58 AM »

That Republicans were silent on, now that Biden is going to get them out they're all up in arms. I think Biden should've kept the May 1st date though. I'm curious why he didn't.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:10:12 AM by tim_m » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: