Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211432 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1920 on: May 28, 2021, 10:16:20 AM »

Have you been following the lunacy in Arizona?

Yeah. These people doing an audit. Who have no prior experience and are obviously biased....

It's like asking a hardcore fan of a team for an objective opinion on the referee's ruling in a game...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1921 on: May 29, 2021, 02:38:41 AM »

Have you been following the lunacy in Arizona?

Yeah. These people doing an audit. Who have no prior experience and are obviously biased....

It's like asking a hardcore fan of a team for an objective opinion on the referee's ruling in a game...

/jarmo

That's just the tip of the iceberg. They just did this too. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/arizona-republicans-introduce-bill-strip-powers-democratic-secretary-state-n1268558
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1922 on: May 29, 2021, 06:36:51 AM »

The same party that don't wanna investigate the coup?

When will normal people have had enough?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1923 on: May 30, 2021, 05:18:46 AM »

The same party that don't wanna investigate the coup?

When will normal people have had enough?

/jarmo

Yep they just took the power of the secretary of state and gave it to the attorney general.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1924 on: May 30, 2021, 07:13:44 AM »

These ideas are pretty amazing.

Why not make it illegal to vote unless your vote has been approved by a GOP appointed person who makes sure you vote for the right candidate? Or better yet. Let them decide by how much the GOP wins each election... Wait, do you even need elections? Just stop with them, after all, you can't trust the results.... Just let #45 decide who should be president.... And announce it during a reality show....Imagine the ratings for America's Next President!

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1925 on: May 30, 2021, 10:48:47 PM »

Wow, I had never heard of that massacre in Tulsa on Black Wall Street.  You think of Oklahoma, you think of what they did to the Indians, not Black people.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1926 on: May 31, 2021, 12:28:57 AM »

Yep it was horrific and swept under the rug
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1927 on: May 31, 2021, 12:30:58 AM »

These ideas are pretty amazing.

Why not make it illegal to vote unless your vote has been approved by a GOP appointed person who makes sure you vote for the right candidate? Or better yet. Let them decide by how much the GOP wins each election... Wait, do you even need elections? Just stop with them, after all, you can't trust the results.... Just let #45 decide who should be president.... And announce it during a reality show....Imagine the ratings for America's Next President!

/jarmo

Now my state is getting in on the fun with this shit
Church out the voting law we just passed in the dead oh night. We also just passed a law banning the teaching out slavery, nothing more controversial as the 13th amendment and nothing recent. This country is getting scary.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1928 on: May 31, 2021, 01:51:00 AM »

Wow, I had never heard of that massacre in Tulsa on Black Wall Street.  You think of Oklahoma, you think of what they did to the Indians, not Black people.

There's a great podcast about it here on abc news. https://abcaudio.com/podcasts/tulsas-buried-truth/
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1929 on: June 01, 2021, 01:56:21 AM »

Church out the voting law we just passed in the dead oh night. We also just passed a law banning the teaching out slavery, nothing more controversial as the 13th amendment and nothing recent. This country is getting scary.

Nothing to fear, because those same brave patriots made sure to preserve statues of confederate generals to glorify them teach kids about slavery.  ok

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1930 on: June 01, 2021, 04:04:43 AM »

Nothing to fear, because those same brave patriots made sure to preserve statues of confederate generals to glorify them teach kids about slavery.  ok
Thankfully the voting law is dead for now. At least until the special session. The Democrats walked out with their keys to the voting mechanisms so they wouldn't have a quorum to pass it.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1931 on: June 01, 2021, 08:59:36 PM »

Rep. Peter Meijer (R-Mich) blasted conservatives “salivating for civil war” in a series of messages on Memorial Day, saying they are “treacherous snakes” who “can go straight to hell.”

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/peter-meijer-memorial-day-gop-betrayal-072300207.html

Well, he won't be long for this party. Only a matter of time before MTG and her violent mob chase him out. Actual veterans who have served the country? Who cares what they think when this draft-dodging narcissist will feed my ego and call me a patriot for supporting him!

In other news, Biden just called out Manchin and Sinema for blocking the vital voting rights bill that could very well be the only thing between us and the more quiet and insidious coup being cooked up by the GOP in multiple states as we speak. Frankly, I'm disappointed we don't have protests being organized on capitol hill right now to pressure Manchin/Sinema on the filibuster. It's arguably the most consequential issue right now and we've already wasted enough time. You made your good faith attempt at bipartisanship and it was effectively mocked by the GOP, Joe. It's time to cut your losses and lead boldly.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1932 on: June 02, 2021, 03:25:33 AM »

Rep. Peter Meijer (R-Mich) blasted conservatives “salivating for civil war” in a series of messages on Memorial Day, saying they are “treacherous snakes” who “can go straight to hell.”

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/peter-meijer-memorial-day-gop-betrayal-072300207.html

Well, he won't be long for this party. Only a matter of time before MTG and her violent mob chase him out. Actual veterans who have served the country? Who cares what they think when this draft-dodging narcissist will feed my ego and call me a patriot for supporting him!

In other news, Biden just called out Manchin and Sinema for blocking the vital voting rights bill that could very well be the only thing between us and the more quiet and insidious coup being cooked up by the GOP in multiple states as we speak. Frankly, I'm disappointed we don't have protests being organized on capitol hill right now to pressure Manchin/Sinema on the filibuster. It's arguably the most consequential issue right now and we've already wasted enough time. You made your good faith attempt at bipartisanship and it was effectively mocked by the GOP, Joe. It's time to cut your losses and lead boldly.

He will be censured by the Michigan GOP in 3,2,1.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1933 on: June 02, 2021, 06:24:59 AM »

Maybe someone can explain why the Republicans who believe it was Antifa that stormed the Capitol don't wanna investigate it?

Wouldn't this be their chance of getting the truth out?

Ironic, like those people who say in court that people shouldn't believe what they say, only to keep repeating those lies outside of court... Quite the defense!

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1934 on: June 03, 2021, 12:01:12 AM »

Ironic, like those people who say in court that people shouldn't believe what they say, only to keep repeating those lies outside of court...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1935 on: June 03, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »

That guy.... A true patriot right?

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1936 on: June 03, 2021, 12:51:25 PM »

/jarmo

Idiot would be more appropriate lol.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1937 on: June 03, 2021, 12:52:24 PM »

Ironic, like those people who say in court that people shouldn't believe what they say, only to keep repeating those lies outside of court...

Have you seen the meme going around with that picture about why does he always look like a dog trying to understand a magic trick? It is so true.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1938 on: June 03, 2021, 09:59:44 PM »

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

Just like every right wing extremist, when put in front of a judge, under oath, they admit it's all a grift. The same exact thing happened with Trump's Big Lie about the election and with Alex Jones when he organized harassment of Sandy Hook school shooting victim's families.

Have you seen the meme going around with that picture about why does he always look like a dog trying to understand a magic trick? It is so true.

As silly as it seems, it's in fact an effective rhetorical trick he plays, called "just asking questions". He plays this game where he asks leading questions and lets his guests build the narrative for him so that he doesn't have to own the beliefs he is leading his audience toward (of course, here you may notice the irony of proclaiming to believe in "personal responsibility" but being too much of a coward to actually take ownership of his beliefs). Not only that, but it allows him to position himself as a simple outside observer, someone with intellectual curiosity who is just challenging assumptions. It also shifts the burden of proof away from himself to prove his own narrative. He's incredibly dangerous and needs to be taken very seriously. The top cable news show in America had to fire a head writer for being a white supremacist and even after that, continued pushing the "Great Replacement" theory (a foundational belief of neonazis, if you didn't know).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 10:03:48 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1939 on: June 03, 2021, 10:20:35 PM »

Meanwhile, as conservatives scream "cancel culture" for being denied service from a private business because they refused to take a mild precaution to avoid spreading disease to others, the people who are actually being persecuted for their political views are as usual, progressives. Despite all the baseless accusations of universities being "liberal indoctrination centers", somehow all it took was a single complaint from a club of powerful far right elites at the Federalist Society (yes, the same puppeteers who told Trump which judges to rubberstamp) and this student's years of studious work were nearly thrown out the window simply because of his beliefs.

A Law Student Mocked the Federalist Society. It Jeopardized His Graduation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/law-student-mocked-federalist-society-181811007.html

They operate just like the mob; either you toe the line or we threaten to destroy everything YOU built. And it says everything that what they were so threatened by was the student calling out their support of the Insurrection. When you expose their authoritarian attempts to steal power, they respond by calling on their powerful connections to clamp down on you by abusing the authority they hold. They proved the student's point; they are fascists who will abuse any authority they can obtain to stomp out dissent.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 10:22:24 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: