Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:53:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211302 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1940 on: June 04, 2021, 04:17:12 AM »

Meanwhile, as conservatives scream "cancel culture" for being denied service from a private business because they refused to take a mild precaution to avoid spreading disease to others, the people who are actually being persecuted for their political views are as usual, progressives. Despite all the baseless accusations of universities being "liberal indoctrination centers", somehow all it took was a single complaint from a club of powerful far right elites at the Federalist Society (yes, the same puppeteers who told Trump which judges to rubberstamp) and this student's years of studious work were nearly thrown out the window simply because of his beliefs.

A Law Student Mocked the Federalist Society. It Jeopardized His Graduation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/law-student-mocked-federalist-society-181811007.html

They operate just like the mob; either you toe the line or we threaten to destroy everything YOU built. And it says everything that what they were so threatened by was the student calling out their support of the Insurrection. When you expose their authoritarian attempts to steal power, they respond by calling on their powerful connections to clamp down on you by abusing the authority they hold. They proved the student's point; they are fascists who will abuse any authority they can obtain to stomp out dissent.

Only in America can being well educated be seen as indoctrinated.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1941 on: June 04, 2021, 04:18:16 AM »

Meanwhile, as conservatives scream "cancel culture" for being denied service from a private business because they refused to take a mild precaution to avoid spreading disease to others, the people who are actually being persecuted for their political views are as usual, progressives. Despite all the baseless accusations of universities being "liberal indoctrination centers", somehow all it took was a single complaint from a club of powerful far right elites at the Federalist Society (yes, the same puppeteers who told Trump which judges to rubberstamp) and this student's years of studious work were nearly thrown out the window simply because of his beliefs.

A Law Student Mocked the Federalist Society. It Jeopardized His Graduation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/law-student-mocked-federalist-society-181811007.html

They operate just like the mob; either you toe the line or we threaten to destroy everything YOU built. And it says everything that what they were so threatened by was the student calling out their support of the Insurrection. When you expose their authoritarian attempts to steal power, they respond by calling on their powerful connections to clamp down on you by abusing the authority they hold. They proved the student's point; they are fascists who will abuse any authority they can obtain to stomp out dissent.

Did you hear about that girl here in Texas that gave that awesome commencement speech condemning our heartbeat law?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1942 on: June 04, 2021, 04:51:58 AM »

Unfortunately not.

Many places with right wing populism they do the same "universities are leftist" routine or "schools wanna teach your kids to be gay"....

Having an education means you're part of the group of sheep. Watching Youtube videos that already agrees with your own beliefs is called "doing my own research".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 04:53:49 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1943 on: June 04, 2021, 06:10:42 AM »

Unfortunately not.

Many places with right wing populism they do the same "universities are leftist" routine or "schools wanna teach your kids to be gay"....

Having an education means you're part of the group of sheep. Watching Youtube videos that already agrees with your own beliefs is called "doing my own research".

/jarmo

That's a shame.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1944 on: June 04, 2021, 06:27:56 AM »

I think in places with a history of exclusive private schools, it'd be the opposite. Where the elites get taught to mingle with other students who are also part of the elite...

For example, in England....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1945 on: June 04, 2021, 07:34:32 AM »

I think in places with a history of exclusive private schools, it'd be the opposite. Where the elites get taught to mingle with other students who are also part of the elite...

For example, in England....

/jarmo

What's it like in European countries in regards to speaking the native language? Like if i came to say Sweden or Finland where you've lived and i couldn't speak either. Would i get looked down on or would they actually be nice and try to help or speak in English. Here in America it is like how dare you speak anything but English. It seems like somewhere along the way being fluent in multiple languages went from being seen as a sign of intelligence and being cultured to a bad thing.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1946 on: June 04, 2021, 07:50:57 AM »

English is fine. I would say most people speak it. Only problem might be older people....

In Finland, even though Swedish is the second official language and is taught in school, people seem to prefer to speak English over Swedish.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1947 on: June 04, 2021, 08:46:01 AM »

English is fine. I would say most people speak it. Only problem might be older people....

In Finland, even though Swedish is the second official language and is taught in school, people seem to prefer to speak English over Swedish.

/jarmo

See, i don't see why we can't be like that. Speaking multiple languages is a good thing. Here we're so snobbish about it. You're in America speak English! I assume education plays a big part. I assume English is taught in schools in most other countries.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1948 on: June 04, 2021, 02:55:37 PM »

You might be right. Our language is #1, why would we need to learn anything else? Our country is so great, why would we have to learn about any other places etc etc...

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1949 on: June 05, 2021, 03:36:58 AM »

You might be right. Our language is #1, why would we need to learn anything else? Our country is so great, why would we have to learn about any other places etc etc...

/jarmo

Maybe I'm crazy but i think if everyone was able to travel the world weed be able to eliminate all these ridiculous biases.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1950 on: June 05, 2021, 05:45:40 AM »

I'm not sure.

Yes, people who know about the world around them tend to see that there's more than "us" and "them"...

But also, there's a lot of "this would never happen back home". And if something is better somewhere else then it's "but I prefer the way it's done at home".

Anything from how pizza is better then peoples' home country versus Italy to how university education is handled....  hihi

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1951 on: June 12, 2021, 03:18:16 PM »

I gotta say, the uneventfulness of the Biden Admin is pretty nice, even if it means this thread is a bit quiet. Having an adult run the show has its benefits for your blood pressure levels.

And yet, even out of office, Trump still manages to get exposed for more corruption...

A former federal prosecutor has called for the criminal prosecution of Donald Trump, saying he was responsible for “an unabated crime wave as president.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/glenn-kirschner-donald-trump-crime-wave_n_60c45316e4b0913eeee7c7d4

White House counsel for former President Richard Nixon, Calls Surveillance by Trump-Era DOJ "Nixon on stilts and steroids."

https://www.newsweek.com/john-dean-calls-surveillance-trump-era-doj-nixon-stilts-steroids-1600029

It's about time we get some damn law and order in this country and prosecute this criminal.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1952 on: June 15, 2021, 04:03:08 PM »

The guy who's left the WH is still in the news: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/trump-pressured-doj-to-challenge-election-results-emails-show-house-panel-says.html

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1953 on: June 16, 2021, 09:21:21 PM »

Juneteenth will officially become a federal holiday after the House nearly unanimously passed a bill to recognize it today. A day after the Senate passed it unanimously.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1954 on: June 17, 2021, 09:27:18 PM »

Juneteenth will officially become a federal holiday after the House nearly unanimously passed a bill to recognize it today. A day after the Senate passed it unanimously.

Couldn't have done that when I was working!  That's my birthday.  My old job got notice today at 3:30 they have tomorrow off.  Guess it doesn't hit the Monday holiday bill.  I always took my birthday off but when I was younger I always took the day after my birthday off too.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1955 on: June 17, 2021, 09:29:29 PM »

We all know the left wing media won’t dare bring up anything negative about their precious Democrat, so they go back to Trump.  

I see this thread has continued to just be a liberal circle jerk.  

Kind of lost interest in this thread.  You take away a wild man like Trump and politics is just no fun any more.  Have to admit he brought a lot of interest to the subject.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1956 on: June 17, 2021, 09:46:31 PM »

We all know the left wing media won’t dare bring up anything negative about their precious Democrat, so they go back to Trump.  

I see this thread has continued to just be a liberal circle jerk.  

Kind of lost interest in this thread.  You take away a wild man like Trump and politics is just no fun any more.  Have to admit he brought a lot of interest to the subject.

Dang, I tried deleting my post.  Just not worth it in this thread.   

If I were to ever show an example of online “bullying”, this thread would be it.  I’ve seen conservatives come and go.  It’s the same 3-4 guys who just never give up.  Continuous belittling, shaming, mocking, etc. 

They’ll say I’m doing what I’m calling them out for.  Sorry guys, it doesn’t compare when you guys do it daily/weekly

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1957 on: June 17, 2021, 10:46:24 PM »

If I were to ever show an example of online “bullying”, this thread would be it.  I’ve seen conservatives come and go.  It’s the same 3-4 guys who just never give up.  Continuous belittling, shaming, mocking, etc. 

They’ll say I’m doing what I’m calling them out for.  Sorry guys, it doesn’t compare when you guys do it daily/weekly

Boy, somebody is awfully sensitive. I guess this is what they mean when people talk about "snowflakes". It all makes sense now.

You guys sure get a lot of mileage out of abusing the tolerance paradox and projecting your own ideology that's foundationally built upon bullying others, huh?

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1958 on: June 17, 2021, 10:49:10 PM »

Meanwhile, the most viewed cable "news" show in America is now literally spreading Alex Jones' conspiracy that the unindicted co-conspirators of the insurrection are secret FBI plants who actually organized the whole thing. The only problem is... there's literally no evidence of this at all.

Tucker gonna keep on Fascin'...

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1959 on: June 18, 2021, 07:04:30 AM »

If I were to ever show an example of online “bullying”, this thread would be it.  I’ve seen conservatives come and go.  It’s the same 3-4 guys who just never give up.  Continuous belittling, shaming, mocking, etc.  

They’ll say I’m doing what I’m calling them out for.  Sorry guys, it doesn’t compare when you guys do it daily/weekly

Boy, somebody is awfully sensitive. I guess this is what they mean when people talk about "snowflakes". It all makes sense now.

You guys sure get a lot of mileage out of abusing the tolerance paradox and projecting your own ideology that's foundationally built upon bullying others, huh?

What gets me, here, is the total lack of ironic awareness in his whole original post.  I don't even need to respond to it.  I'll just take the personal "LOL" and move on.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 10:12:34 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: