Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211470 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1960 on: June 20, 2021, 11:41:30 AM »

Is this what they mean by owning the libtards?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1961 on: June 21, 2021, 03:32:00 PM »

What gets me, here, is the total lack of ironic awareness in his whole original post.  I don't even need to respond to it.  I'll just take the personal "LOL" and move on.

It reminds me of Meghan McCain on The View; she manages to make everything about herself and how she or conservatives at large are the victim. It's certainly an effective tactic when your opponents are actual victims of systemic racism and you are the one preventing reform of those systems of oppression.

How much you wanna bet he comes back and cries about being called a "bully" without a hint of self-awareness?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1962 on: June 21, 2021, 04:08:11 PM »

What gets me, here, is the total lack of ironic awareness in his whole original post.  I don't even need to respond to it.  I'll just take the personal "LOL" and move on.

It reminds me of Meghan McCain on The View; she manages to make everything about herself and how she or conservatives at large are the victim. It's certainly an effective tactic when your opponents are actual victims of systemic racism and you are the one preventing reform of those systems of oppression.

How much you wanna bet he comes back and cries about being called a "bully" without a hint of self-awareness?

I will 100% not take that bet. I'd lose. It's exactly what they'll do. It's what they've done straight along. "If you challenge my ideas, point out my fallacies, or otherwise intrude on my worldview...you are a BULLY!!"

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1963 on: June 21, 2021, 04:43:41 PM »

Speaking of Meghan McCain you see her latest meltdown. I'm kind of glad her daddy isn't around to see what she's become.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1964 on: June 23, 2021, 05:29:54 PM »

I will 100% not take that bet. I'd lose. It's exactly what they'll do. It's what they've done straight along. "If you challenge my ideas, point out my fallacies, or otherwise intrude on my worldview...you are a BULLY!!"

Identifying a bully is bullying! It's just like how identifying racism is racist. You can't hold people accountable, that would be like some kind of system of... order and law, or something!

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1965 on: June 23, 2021, 05:36:33 PM »

Trump asked whether the DOJ and the FCC could investigate 'SNL' after it mocked him, report says

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-asked-if-doj-fcc-could-punish-snl-after-mocking-report-2021-6

Free speech is the greatest threat to the authoritarian.

Trump doesn't give a shit about the single most fundamental right our country was founded on. Don't ever let his supporters call themselves patriots. They betrayed this country, sold it out for a red hat wearing fascist because he allowed them to indulge in their worst, most selfish, prejudiced and ignorant impulses.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1966 on: June 23, 2021, 05:50:09 PM »

So it's been about six months since Biden took over. How is it? Did they take away all your freedoms? Do you have toilet paper? Is it like Venezuela yet?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1967 on: June 24, 2021, 10:47:06 PM »

Bad news for anyone who thought the right might come back to Earth after Trump went away...

OAN host suggests mass "execution" of those who oppose Trump's voter fraud claims

https://www.salon.com/2021/06/24/oan-host-suggests-mass-execution-of-those-who-oppose-trumps-voter-fraud-claims/

Just when you think they can't sink any lower, they call for mass executions of anyone who opposed their attempt to overthrow democracy. On nationally broadcast television, no less. Something really needs to be done about these extremist groups masquerading as news networks. Incitement to violence is not protected by the 1st Amendment. And frankly neither should a nationwide disinformation campaign that seeks to destroy our republic be protected.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1968 on: June 24, 2021, 10:48:24 PM »

So it's been about six months since Biden took over. How is it? Did they take away all your freedoms? Do you have toilet paper? Is it like Venezuela yet?

The right wingers I know are mad about the price of gas because they don't know how anything works. Roll Eyes

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1969 on: June 25, 2021, 12:19:08 AM »

The right wingers I know are mad about the price of gas because they don't know how anything works. Roll Eyes

Tell them it is the same average price it was in 2018 and 2019. That'll really piss them off. Gas is up not because of Biden, but because it is summer, restrictions are going away and people are traveling. Supply and demand The cyberattack hurt too. Also, in summer they use a higher grade fuel to lower emissions.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1970 on: June 25, 2021, 12:26:45 AM »

So it looks like we have a bipartisan deal on infrastructure. Lets see if the Republicans actually vote to pass it. Biden wants a larger package passed along with it through reconciliation.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1971 on: June 25, 2021, 05:32:58 AM »

Don't forget, the power grid in Texas is controlled by AOC!

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1972 on: June 25, 2021, 06:26:29 AM »

With the Biden Administration adeptly handling the pandemic and vaccination process, demand has skyrocketed much more quickly than expected, leading to supply/demand price increases. Same with other things (like lumber). So I guess you can say it's his "fault" if you want to sound like a callous idiot.

I guess, in their eyes, it would have been much better for pricing if we were all still under lockdown and/or millions more people died, I guess.  Oh, right, these are the same group of people who thought the COVID restrictions were bullshit...their hypocrisy truly knows no bounds.

Pent up demand is a thing. Demand for construction fuel, jet fuel, car fuel.....all of it, is through the roof.  People are returning to work, they're travelling using built up vacation time and surplus funds, and stuff is getting BUILT to support this new reality.  Those cost increases, though annoying as hell, are blips that forecast an improved economy.  They'll normalize, and these folks will find something else nonsensical to bitch about. And what's REALLY ironic and amusing is gas prices are pretty much at their average price in 2018/2019...under TRUMP.

But, on the plus side, Rudy's law license has been suspended.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:28:15 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1973 on: June 25, 2021, 06:36:24 AM »

Don't forget, the power grid in Texas is controlled by AOC!

/jarmo

"The Energy Grid should be free of government interference and should be completely governed by free market competition.  Suppliers should be forced to compete with each other which will lead to lower prices! DEREGULATION IS THE KEY!!!!"

"Holy shit, these prices are (almost literally) highway robbery! $80,000 a kilowatt hour? A $22,000 bill?  OMG, those damn liberals and their insistence we rely on solar and wind power are to blame!! DAMN AOC!"

If you want to live in true, deregulated, pure capitalism, this is what happens.  The market doesn't care about "you", it cares about profit.  And if demand dictates you pay $22,000 one month, that's what you pay so you can pay $62 another month.  If you REALLY want a deregulated market, you've signed up for that. That's what conservatives voted for in Texas.  That's what they got.

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1974 on: June 25, 2021, 06:56:45 AM »

Nothing like free competition no regulation people whining about prices being too high....

Didn't we learn from the previous crash that pure capitalism won't work because greed will always win if left alone?

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1975 on: June 25, 2021, 12:26:15 PM »

Nothing like free competition no regulation people whining about prices being too high....

Didn't we learn from the previous crash that pure capitalism won't work because greed will always win if left alone?

/jarmo

No matter how many times "trickle down" fails, no matter how many times corporate tax cuts lead to war chest hoarding/stock buy backs/acquisitions, no matter how many times their overall economic philosophy puts us in a recession....they don't seem capable of learning.  It really is remarkable.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1976 on: June 25, 2021, 04:00:17 PM »

So the Biden administration announced is going to get all the Afghan people that assisted the USA and allies by August by air lift. They're going to settle them here and other ally countries. Good them. This needed to happen. We failed on this in Vietnam. So good for Biden for making this commitment.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1977 on: June 25, 2021, 06:01:44 PM »

No matter how many times "trickle down" fails, no matter how many times corporate tax cuts lead to war chest hoarding/stock buy backs/acquisitions, no matter how many times their overall economic philosophy puts us in a recession....they don't seem capable of learning.  It really is remarkable.

Now it's a matter of unemployment benefits being too high so people won't take jobs.... How about paying people a wage they can live on?

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1978 on: June 25, 2021, 09:06:31 PM »

The cyberattack hurt too.

Jeez man, how is it that I completely forgot about the biggest cyberattack in history that Trump allowed to happen through his incompetence? I'm not sure if it's the endless cascade of failures that his administration entailed or the complete inability of Dem leadership to make even a molehill out of Mount Everest. That whole story faded away within a week or two. Where is our answer to Fox News to drill things into peoples' heads through repetition? Where is the organization of clear and concise messaging and talking points?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 09:09:20 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1979 on: July 02, 2021, 11:14:30 AM »

850k jobs created in June.

The most Jobs created in the first 5 months of any presidency.

Huge economic growth according to forecasts.

Looks like the recovery is going pretty well.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: