Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211165 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1980 on: July 02, 2021, 02:47:29 PM »

Time to fly the "Don't blame us, we voted for Trump" flag then!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1981 on: July 02, 2021, 11:27:46 PM »

850k jobs created in June.

The most Jobs created in the first 5 months of any presidency.

Huge economic growth according to forecasts.

Looks like the recovery is going pretty well.

But I thought Trump generally maintaining Obama's "lackluster" GDP growth was the best economy in all of history?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1982 on: July 02, 2021, 11:39:14 PM »

So Trump now we find out also called Arizona and tried to get them to overturn the election. He should change his motto from Make America Great Again to If there's an election law i can break, i'll do it.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1983 on: July 03, 2021, 05:17:41 PM »

So Trump now we find out also called Arizona and tried to get them to overturn the election. He should change his motto from Make America Great Again to If there's an election law i can break, i'll do it.

"Make America Mine Again"

Experts on authoritarianism are saying this is just the beginning of a new rise of right wing authoritarianism across the globe.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1984 on: July 03, 2021, 10:59:04 PM »

"Make America Mine Again"

Experts on authoritarianism are saying this is just the beginning of a new rise of right wing authoritarianism across the globe.
And some just can't see it for some reason, like my mom. Biden is destroying America she tells me, but gives no examples other then the border. Go to the border dumbass, Yeah, so the and the other right wing nutters can accuse him of doing it for a photo op like they did VP Harris. Perhaps a better use of their time would be trying to fix the root causes of the migration instead of a meaningless photo op trip they'd criticize him for anyway. Of course she gets her news from extremist sources like aclj.org  Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1985 on: July 04, 2021, 06:45:08 AM »

Not an expert on the subject. But there definitely was right wing populist wave going on. Trump, Bolsonaro in Brazil, the Brexiters in the UK and Boris Johnson plus other countries like Hungary, Poland and even India I guess etc.

Now what has happened with the pandemic is that a lot of people have realized these men are not magic bullets able to fix everything. Unlike president Camacho's three point plan!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1986 on: July 04, 2021, 03:20:51 PM »

And some just can't see it for some reason, like my mom. Biden is destroying America she tells me, but gives no examples other then the border. Go to the border dumbass, Yeah, so the and the other right wing nutters can accuse him of doing it for a photo op like they did VP Harris. Perhaps a better use of their time would be trying to fix the root causes of the migration instead of a meaningless photo op trip they'd criticize him for anyway. Of course she gets her news from extremist sources like aclj.org  Roll Eyes

Yeah the way they're treating Harris really exposes that they will just criticize whatever this admin does either way. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I can't help but see parallels with the whole manufactured crisis at the border and what the GOP in my state is doing, fear mongering over the death of a jogger killed by teens in a stolen car. Teen carjackings in this state have declined for the past 30 years, but because 2019 was an aberrational low, the rise back to normal levels for 2020 has been seized on along with some particularly offensive anecdotes. They are also baselessly blaming recent changes in the law.

And the solution I've countered with is the same thing you are saying; you need to address the root causes. Throwing more police at the problem is like trying to put out an electrical fire without hitting the circuit breaker.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1987 on: July 04, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »

And some just can't see it for some reason, like my mom. Biden is destroying America she tells me, but gives no examples other then the border. Go to the border dumbass, Yeah, so the and the other right wing nutters can accuse him of doing it for a photo op like they did VP Harris. Perhaps a better use of their time would be trying to fix the root causes of the migration instead of a meaningless photo op trip they'd criticize him for anyway. Of course she gets her news from extremist sources like aclj.org  Roll Eyes

Yeah the way they're treating Harris really exposes that they will just criticize whatever this admin does either way. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I can't help but see parallels with the whole manufactured crisis at the border and what the GOP in my state is doing, fear mongering over the death of a jogger killed by teens in a stolen car. Teen carjackings in this state have declined for the past 30 years, but because 2019 was an aberrational low, the rise back to normal levels for 2020 has been seized on along with some particularly offensive anecdotes. They are also baselessly blaming recent changes in the law.

And the solution I've countered with is the same thing you are saying; you need to address the root causes. Throwing more police at the problem is like trying to put out an electrical fire without hitting the circuit breaker.

Yep at least Biden and Harris are trying to fix the root cause, corruption, cartels, food insecurity, climate change. Also nobody wants to talk about our role in creating these messes in these countries with our foreign policy.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 05:51:07 PM by tim_m » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1988 on: July 08, 2021, 07:48:28 PM »

While accusing the left of being authoritarians engaging in "cancel culture" out of one side of their mouth, the right is recently busy attacking teachers for teaching sex ed and now even suggesting we put bodycams on teachers (so much for small government). Tucker Carlson even hit the low of weaponizing the concept of police civilian review boards against teachers. As if we don't already give enough power to motivated local ideologues to shape curriculum...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/private-school-sex-educator-defends-120042400.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0n9QOeiDIM

And as Sam points out in the video, this has been going on for far longer than the supposed "cancel culture" phenomenon, as right wingers have made blacklists of professors for decades.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 07:51:47 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1989 on: July 09, 2021, 03:40:20 PM »

Very impressed with Biden's pick for head of the FTC. Anyone who gets the Wall Street Journal into a tizzy must be doing good work.

Also, as a gearhead, I'm happy he's backing the right-to-repair. It's primarily aimed at farmers (because that's where it's the worst), but could have implications for many kinds of products. Farmers have been unable to repair their own tractors because the manufacturers prevent them and require service at a dealer (which can be very far away in farm country and mean downtime that loses them money).

https://www.engadget.com/president-biden-right-to-repair-executive-order-211328084.html

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1990 on: July 09, 2021, 08:39:54 PM »

And today he signed an order to scrutinize mergers past and upcoming, net neutrality and to hopefully an landlord exclusivity deals preventing competition in MDU's.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1991 on: July 11, 2021, 06:25:24 PM »

Apparently the audience at CPAC literally CHEERED low vaccination rates. How many red flags does it take for fence sitters to see that the extremists are now the majority on the right? Oh right, I forgot, there are some lefty tweens on twitter who say overzealous things sometimes so that evens it out!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1992 on: August 10, 2021, 12:45:51 PM »

And Cuomo goes down.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1993 on: August 10, 2021, 01:16:03 PM »

And Cuomo goes down.

About fucking time.

I've been wrapped up in more local news today (the main centerpiece of our small town was literally burning down last night).

I just saw this.  And it couldn't make me happier.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1994 on: August 10, 2021, 02:38:23 PM »

If you're guilty you face the consequences whether you're a D or an R. Nobody above the law period. Now do Matt Gaetz, he's literally being investigated for child sex trafficking! I'm not hearing anything though from the save the children crowd on the right.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1995 on: August 10, 2021, 02:39:41 PM »

Senate has passed the bipartisan infrastructure deal sending it to the house, huge win for Biden. Now lets get the larger reconciliation package done.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1996 on: August 10, 2021, 10:55:07 PM »

If you're guilty you face the consequences whether you're a D or an R. Nobody above the law period. Now do Matt Gaetz, he's literally being investigated for child sex trafficking! I'm not hearing anything though from the save the children crowd on the right.

They're too busy supporting him with a national publicity tour...

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1997 on: August 11, 2021, 06:24:26 AM »

They're too busy supporting him with a national publicity tour...

Heh heh heh...about that:

https://www.salon.com/2021/07/23/matt-gaetz-and-mtgs-new-fundraising-committee-is-losing-money-big-time_partner/

They've lost massive amounts of money.

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1998 on: August 12, 2021, 09:27:10 AM »

I've been wrapped up in more local news today (the main centerpiece of our small town was literally burning down last night).

Speaking of local news, your not near Danbury are you?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1999 on: August 12, 2021, 01:56:35 PM »

Speaking of local news, your not near Danbury are you?

Nope! I am about an hour north (and a little east) of there. And even so, we don't go to Danbury Mall.  It's had security issues for awhile now.

Pretty shitty situation, though.  Kid wasn't even involved in the altercation....just took the bullet. Sounds like she's going to be OK.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: