Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211224 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2200 on: November 22, 2021, 02:47:51 PM »

The other question is, there's nothing between no force and deadly force?

This is what I was referring to with the use of force continuum; by bringing and brandishing a weapon in public, it causes others to see you as a threat, and feel like they need to defend themselves, so they pull their gun, and now you have an argument for self defense. The more lethal weaponry you are armed with, the more it escalates the tension and the more lethal response others feel justified in using. If you are unarmed, it's very hard for somebody to justify shooting you in self defense. But if you're armed, you are clearly capable of killing them with ease and so they have justification to use deadly force in self defense. It's all about threat levels, and when you bring an AR-15 into a tense situation, you ramp up the potential threat and cause others to act accordingly. Everyone is now more on-edge and in fear for their lives because of the potential threat that your weapon represents.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2201 on: November 22, 2021, 02:48:17 PM »

GOP Is Energized, but 'Trump Cancel Culture' Poses a Threat

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-energized-trump-cancel-culture-154055474.html

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2202 on: November 22, 2021, 05:49:45 PM »

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2203 on: November 22, 2021, 09:46:29 PM »

So, it's completely normal practice?

You're not old enough to vote or drink, but carrying a rifle openly in public is no big deal?

Fascinating...

I also must've missed the part where you explain to me how there seems to be nothing between no force and lethal force.

Kenosha was a war zone.

Sorry, missed this earlier.

So basically you're admitting the guy went into a risky situation, then used the self defense reason for his actions.

That's just slightly odd.

/jarmo

It was legal due to a poorly worded law. The gun was apparently bought by his friend who lives there, he drove there to get the gun. Even if he had transported it across state lines it might still have been legal. It depends on if it's registered in both states Illinois and Wisconsin.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2204 on: November 22, 2021, 09:59:33 PM »

Newly released video of right wing insurrectionists macing police:

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1462918564969697286

These are what Rep. Gosar referred to as "tourists"...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2205 on: November 23, 2021, 10:22:23 AM »

It was legal due to a poorly worded law. The gun was apparently bought by his friend who lives there, he drove there to get the gun. Even if he had transported it across state lines it might still have been legal. It depends on if it's registered in both states Illinois and Wisconsin.

I get that the gun laws give people the right to carry guns. But to me it's one thing to have one in your home to protect your castle, your safe haven, and something else to walk around with a rifle ready for combat.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2206 on: November 30, 2021, 06:27:32 PM »

New rift opens between U.S. House Republicans over bigotry claims

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-rift-opens-between-us-house-republicans-over-bigotry-claims-2021-11-30/

"Mace you can back up off of @laurenboebert or just go hang with your real gal pals, the Jihad Squad. Your [sic] out of your league"

Incredible that these are the kind of people republicans elect to lead the country. This sounds like something a middle schooler would say.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2207 on: December 03, 2021, 06:49:06 PM »

Parents of teen suspect in Michigan school shooting charged with involuntary manslaughter

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michigan-oxford-school-shooting-ethan-crumbley-parents-charged-182447458.html

"Jennifer Crumbley exchanged text messages with her son about the reported incident, including one that read: "LOL I'm not mad at you, you have to learn not to get caught." "

Once again, we learn that certain people care more about their guns than protecting families and children. Make no mistake that gun rights are fundamentally incompatible with family values.

No surprise both parents have been exposed as Trump supporters and the father bought the gun for this child just days before. This is what happens when you promote such fundamentalist views of gun ownership; people think even children should have guns. This is why the FBI identified far-right extremism as the biggest terror threat in the nation. Make no mistake, this is what right wing terrorism looks like.

They need to throw the book at these parents, zero tolerance.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2208 on: December 04, 2021, 06:27:51 AM »

Personal freedom versus making a sacrifice for the sake of freedoms for a bigger group.

Looking at this whole thing, it's ironic in a way that the same people who use the freedom reason for not doing something, are then ok when someone else'e freedoms are limited. Basically, the only thing that matters is your freedoms.

Don't wanna wear a mask? Your freedom. Want to carry a gun? Your freedom. A woman wants to decide that to do with her body? Can't have that! Voting rights? Can't have that!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2209 on: December 04, 2021, 07:07:32 PM »

Personal freedom versus making a sacrifice for the sake of freedoms for a bigger group.

Looking at this whole thing, it's ironic in a way that the same people who use the freedom reason for not doing something, are then ok when someone else'e freedoms are limited. Basically, the only thing that matters is your freedoms.

Don't wanna wear a mask? Your freedom. Want to carry a gun? Your freedom. A woman wants to decide that to do with her body? Can't have that! Voting rights? Can't have that!

/jarmo

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy: that is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.”

- John Kenneth Galbraith

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2210 on: December 04, 2021, 07:23:03 PM »

Ex-KKK Leader Running as Republican for Office in Georgia

"He is a supporter of Republican former President Donald Trump and, like Trump, opposes Black Lives Matter (BLM) and the alleged teaching of critical race theory (CRT) in schools."

Funny coincidence how outright white supremacists have the exact same ideology as the GOP... coincidence, surely.

"He added that one of the reasons he's running for office is because if the U.S. falls under martial law after an attack on the federal government, "it's going to be your local sheriff and county commissioners that's going to mean something in your area.""

Nothing to worry about here... just letting slip their plan to incite civil war and seize power, predicated on the fact that local sheriffs are known sympathizers with their cause...

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2211 on: December 06, 2021, 08:11:22 PM »

Jesus Christ, the right is trying to bring back McCarthyism now?

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2212 on: December 06, 2021, 11:38:08 PM »

GOP Rep. Devin Nunes resigns from Congress to become CEO of Trump’s media company

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/06/gop-rep-devin-nunes-resigns-from-congress-to-become-ceo-of-trumps-media-company.html

Rarely is the revolving door between corrupt politicians and billionaire corporate elites quite so unashamedly out in the open...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2213 on: December 07, 2021, 05:57:59 AM »

As someone who is used to social democrats running the country I live in, the fear of the left in certain countries is astounding...

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2214 on: December 08, 2021, 07:08:01 PM »

Biden returns land to Texas family after it was seized by Trump for border wall

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-texas-family-trump-border-wall-b1971787.html?utm_source=reddit.com

You gotta love when republicans virtue signal about respecting property rights...

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2215 on: December 08, 2021, 07:15:01 PM »

GOP Rep. Devin Nunes resigns from Congress to become CEO of Trump’s media company

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/06/gop-rep-devin-nunes-resigns-from-congress-to-become-ceo-of-trumps-media-company.html

Rarely is the revolving door between corrupt politicians and billionaire corporate elites quite so unashamedly out in the open...

Good. Fucking. Riddance.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2216 on: December 09, 2021, 12:24:57 AM »

Good. Fucking. Riddance.
You can say that again.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2217 on: December 09, 2021, 12:31:13 AM »

Crenshaw slams House Freedom Caucus members as 'grifters,' 'performance artists'

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/584832-crenshaw-slams-house-freedom-caucus-members-as-grifters-performance-artists

Gotta love when one actually tells you what the party is really about. Make you afraid and telling you who's to blame for it.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2218 on: December 09, 2021, 09:26:31 PM »

What's funny is that while he may be a true believer, he's a true believer in a party that exists only to pad corporate pockets. The entire ideology itself is one big grift.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 09:32:37 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2219 on: December 10, 2021, 04:42:02 PM »

2018 Republican Gubernatorial Candidate for Oklahoma Shoots Process Server

"Barnett admitted to Googling “Can you legally shoot a process server?” prior to the shooting and that, at one point, joked that that “the only good process server is a dead one” during his affidavit. Police also say Barnett has a long history of making threatening statements on social media, including bragging about his collection of 10 firearms and fantasizing about how he would commit a mass shooting at a local university."

https://www.queerty.com/guy-ran-first-gay-governor-oklahoma-says-cctv-shooting-man-fake-news-20190805

And the CCTV footage of the shooting: https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/rcurh8/process_server_gets_shot_after_attempting_to/

You can see the server was even walking away when he shot.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: