Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:49:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211192 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2240 on: January 17, 2022, 12:23:45 AM »

Agreed, if one party weren't stonewalling all legislation, we'd be in a very different place right now. But they are putting partisan politics over the country. They'd rather see Biden fail than America prosper.

That happen with the last president right?  They're all playing the same game if you ask me.

I don't see this political civil war as a totally bad thing.  The US is prospering.  Depends on how you look at it.  Have you seen the F150 truck is coming out all electrical?  The real Captain Kirk went to space.  A vaccine came out in record time.  Employees have bargaining chips.  Mental health is a real thing.  There's lots going on without legislation.  The politicians want in on the credit but it was the people moving it forward.

Democrats helped Trump pass a ton of bills, including prison reform, elder abuse prevention, VA whistleblower protection, fighting human trafficking, and of course two Covid relief bills. Not a single republican voted for Biden's covid relief, and none were working with him on Build Back Better either.

It's good that Americans make progress despite the political obstructionism, but that progress can only be very limited without legislation. For example, Ford probably wouldn't be making that electric F150 without Obama's push for green energy, or the subsidies that exist for EVs. The vaccine was developed with the help of the government, literally because Democrats worked with Trump to make it happen.

So he and his party did do some good during his term.  Wouldn't have gathered that from the last election.  hihi 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2241 on: January 17, 2022, 05:32:36 PM »

Some important things about MLK here that shouldn't need to be said at all, but sadly do need to be said, due to his legacy being politicized for partisan gain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30ui1x-eKIw

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2242 on: January 20, 2022, 09:26:20 AM »

Mitch McConnell: “African American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans.”

Just another day in the world of people who are afraid of communism in America.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2243 on: January 21, 2022, 12:09:31 AM »

Agreed, if one party weren't stonewalling all legislation, we'd be in a very different place right now. But they are putting partisan politics over the country. They'd rather see Biden fail than America prosper.

That happen with the last president right?  They're all playing the same game if you ask me.

I don't see this political civil war as a totally bad thing.  The US is prospering.  Depends on how you look at it.  Have you seen the F150 truck is coming out all electrical?  The real Captain Kirk went to space.  A vaccine came out in record time.  Employees have bargaining chips.  Mental health is a real thing.  There's lots going on without legislation.  The politicians want in on the credit but it was the people moving it forward.

Democrats helped Trump pass a ton of bills, including prison reform, elder abuse prevention, VA whistleblower protection, fighting human trafficking, and of course two Covid relief bills. Not a single republican voted for Biden's covid relief, and none were working with him on Build Back Better either.

It's good that Americans make progress despite the political obstructionism, but that progress can only be very limited without legislation. For example, Ford probably wouldn't be making that electric F150 without Obama's push for green energy, or the subsidies that exist for EVs. The vaccine was developed with the help of the government, literally because Democrats worked with Trump to make it happen.

So he and his party did do some good during his term.  Wouldn't have gathered that from the last election.  hihi 

If Republicans don’t get anything done, it’s “they can’t get anything passed.  A true leader would get the other side to work with them.” 

When Republicans do get stuff done…it’s “Democrats worked with them to get it done”.  😂😂😂. Tough crowd in here

Let’s not forget that Biden hasn’t even been able to get all democrats on his side.  That would help

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2244 on: January 21, 2022, 12:36:51 AM »

When will the Republicans move on from the lie that the election was stolen from them? Is there a time frame?

And some say the rest of the world is laughing at the USA because of Biden.... No, not really....

/jarmo

You act as if both sides don’t do this.  Is Hillary still telling her followers to “resist”??

How about this? 

Joe Biden
@joeBiden

We must be absolutely clear about
what is true and what is a lie.
The former president did what no
president in the history of this country
has ever done: He refused to accept
the results of an election and the will of
the American people.
1:11 PM • 1/7/22 •

Biden says upcoming elections could
"easily be illegitimate"
5:22 PM • 1/19/22 • Twitter

Already setting the stage for their upcoming losses

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2245 on: January 21, 2022, 12:40:46 AM »

Joe Biden
@joeBiden

Where are the tests, Mr. President?
7:38 PM • 5/7/20 •

President Biden under pressure as U.S.
hits 1 million Covid cases in a day amid
testing shortage.
12:00 AM • 1/5/22 •

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2246 on: January 21, 2022, 12:45:20 AM »

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

I'm not going to shut down the country.
I'm not going to shut down the
economy.
I'm going to shut down the virus.
3:10 PM • 10/30/20 •

The U.S. just broke the record for daily
coronavirus cases on Tuesday.
The seven-day average of U.S. cases
topped 267,000 on Tuesday,
according to the NYT.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2247 on: January 21, 2022, 12:49:39 AM »

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

What happened today to
@JussieSmollett must never be
tolerated in this country. We must
stand up and demand that we no
longer give this hate safe harbor; that
homophobia and racism have no place
on our streets or in our hearts. We are
with you, Jussie.
8:31 PM • 1/29/19

Jussie Smollett guilty of staging race-
baiting hate attack to boost career
trib.al/11cbg4E
6:19 PM • 12/9/21

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2248 on: January 21, 2022, 12:56:18 AM »

Kamala Harris
@KamalaHarris

Trump's extended un-American travel
ban undermines our nation's core
values. It is clearly driven by hate, not
security.
5:16 PM • 2/1/20

"We've done what we believe is
necessary,
» Vice President Kamala
Harris said in regards to travel
restrictions over the new omicron Covid
variant
2:30 PM • 11/28/21

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2249 on: January 21, 2022, 01:13:30 AM »

I can do this all day. The point?  That politicians are pretty much all the same.  I get it, we have some serious extremes in here who will defend their side no matter what.  But c’mon. If you can’t see that your party does and pulls the same crap as the other party (maybe just a tad differently at times), than I don’t know what to tell you.  As the years go on, Ive realized there are a lot of hypocrites out there. They call out the opposing party when their party does the same shit. They call out an opposing president for doing something, and then silent when their man gets in there and does the same thing.  This happens on both sides. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2250 on: January 21, 2022, 04:52:54 AM »

The point was, that your former president was supposed to be "different". Yet here we are and he's still pushing his lie.

He's different alright. Unfortunately not the way people imagined.

Never before has a current president had to deal with a former one pushing a lie about losing the election.... Maybe this will be the new normal now.

Biden saying that about future elections just shows what the other side is doing. It won't matter how many people want to vote when the Republicans control who can vote, set the rules and count the votes. So the Democrats want the USA to turn into Venezuela? Really?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 05:19:56 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2251 on: January 21, 2022, 10:51:25 AM »

The point was, that your former president was supposed to be "different". Yet here we are and he's still pushing his lie.

He's different alright. Unfortunately not the way people imagined.

Never before has a current president had to deal with a former one pushing a lie about losing the election.... Maybe this will be the new normal now.

Biden saying that about future elections just shows what the other side is doing. It won't matter how many people want to vote when the Republicans control who can vote, set the rules and count the votes. So the Democrats want the USA to turn into Venezuela? Really?

/jarmo

You don’t think Democrats aren’t trying to change the way people vote? 🙄 Again…both sides!  They both want to advance policies that ultimately provide their side with more votes.  This is obvious. To think just one side is trying to gain an advantage is ignorant. Politics is crooked and evil and horseshit in so many ways. Doesn’t matter what side

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2252 on: January 21, 2022, 12:52:14 PM »

So you think restricting voting is equally as bad as making it easier for citizens to vote?

Your system is flawed.

But not because too many people vote.

/jarmo

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2253 on: January 21, 2022, 04:24:11 PM »

So you think restricting voting is equally as bad as making it easier for citizens to vote?

Your system is flawed.

But not because too many people vote.

/jarmo

The whole what’s worse argument is a waste of time. Things don’t always have to be equal.

I’m saying both sides do what they can to get more votes, or less votes for the opposing party. Period

You want my opinion (that I’m sure you guys will disagree with)?  I think every American deserves the right to vote, under some conditions. If you are a criminal and don’t abide by the laws in our country, then your right is taken away.  Up for debate would be what crimes exactly take away that right  On top of that, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that every American citizen show their proof of ID in order to vote (like we do for so many other things in this country/world).  If some have trouble getting an ID (something I’m not familiar with) then we need to make that easier for them…but I do think an ID should be required.  If you want to call that restricting voting, then so be it. I call it having a system that we abide by.   

I swear topics like these get so out of control simply because people just take the side of whatever their leaders say. If those leaders changed course next week, these same people would follow suit.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2254 on: January 21, 2022, 05:51:07 PM »

It's not really a waste of time.

If no one has the right to vote, that's not a democracy anymore.

I think every American deserves the right to vote, under some conditions. If you are a criminal and don’t abide by the laws in our country, then your right is taken away.  Up for debate would be what crimes exactly take away that right  On top of that, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that every American citizen show their proof of ID in order to vote (like we do for so many other things in this country/world).  If some have trouble getting an ID (something I’m not familiar with) then we need to make that easier for them…but I do think an ID should be required.  If you want to call that restricting voting, then so be it. I call it having a system that we abide by.   

How come? Criminals don't lose their citizenship.

So you might get out of jail, pay taxes and not get to vote?

What's next? Retired people shouldn't vote because their best years are behind them?  hihi

/jarmo

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2255 on: January 21, 2022, 07:48:05 PM »

It's not really a waste of time.

If no one has the right to vote, that's not a democracy anymore.

I think every American deserves the right to vote, under some conditions. If you are a criminal and don’t abide by the laws in our country, then your right is taken away.  Up for debate would be what crimes exactly take away that right  On top of that, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that every American citizen show their proof of ID in order to vote (like we do for so many other things in this country/world).  If some have trouble getting an ID (something I’m not familiar with) then we need to make that easier for them…but I do think an ID should be required.  If you want to call that restricting voting, then so be it. I call it having a system that we abide by.   

How come? Criminals don't lose their citizenship.

So you might get out of jail, pay taxes and not get to vote?

What's next? Retired people shouldn't vote because their best years are behind them?  hihi

/jarmo

There are consequences when you don’t follow laws.  I’m not talking about people who have done their time and out of prison.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2256 on: January 21, 2022, 09:54:01 PM »

If Republicans don’t get anything done, it’s “they can’t get anything passed.  A true leader would get the other side to work with them.” 

Who said that? Besides of course the strawman you built to falsely accuse your opponents of hypocrisy, that is.

The difference you ignore is that Biden has bent over backwards to work across the aisle his entire career and radically reshaped his bills just to get the one Dem holdout, whereas Trump repeatedly refused to make any concessions and would just take his ball and go home as soon as things weren't going his way.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2257 on: January 21, 2022, 10:05:50 PM »

You act as if both sides don’t do this.  Is Hillary still telling her followers to “resist”??

How about this? 

Joe Biden
@joeBiden

We must be absolutely clear about
what is true and what is a lie.
The former president did what no
president in the history of this country
has ever done: He refused to accept
the results of an election and the will of
the American people.
1:11 PM • 1/7/22 •

Biden says upcoming elections could
"easily be illegitimate"
5:22 PM • 1/19/22 • Twitter

Already setting the stage for their upcoming losses

I like how you have to completely ignore the facts to stretch this into something even remotely appearing hypocritical. Telling your supporters to resist is not claiming an election illegitimate.  Roll Eyes

Biden is basing his claim on the fact that Trump tried to steal the last election and Republican state legislatures are writing unconstitutional laws to rig the election. Trump claimed it was illegitimate based on nothing, every case he brought to court was thrown out.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

I'm not going to shut down the country.
I'm not going to shut down the
economy.
I'm going to shut down the virus.
3:10 PM • 10/30/20 •

The U.S. just broke the record for daily
coronavirus cases on Tuesday.
The seven-day average of U.S. cases
topped 267,000 on Tuesday,
according to the NYT.

Is the country shut down? Huh

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

What happened today to
@JussieSmollett must never be
tolerated in this country. We must
stand up and demand that we no
longer give this hate safe harbor; that
homophobia and racism have no place
on our streets or in our hearts. We are
with you, Jussie.
8:31 PM • 1/29/19

Jussie Smollett guilty of staging race-
baiting hate attack to boost career
trib.al/11cbg4E
6:19 PM • 12/9/21

LOL, seriously? This is just desperate grasping at straws. You're quoting Biden from before anyone, including the police, knew that Smolett was lying. That'd you reach this far for such a cheap shot really exposes you as a partisan hack.

I can do this all day. The point?  That politicians are pretty much all the same.  I get it, we have some serious extremes in here who will defend their side no matter what.  But c’mon. If you can’t see that your party does and pulls the same crap as the other party (maybe just a tad differently at times), than I don’t know what to tell you.  As the years go on, Ive realized there are a lot of hypocrites out there. They call out the opposing party when their party does the same shit. They call out an opposing president for doing something, and then silent when their man gets in there and does the same thing.  This happens on both sides. 

The lack of self-awareness is stunning. Of course you can do this all day, because you're so determined to defend your side that you keep a list false characterizations to slander the opposition in your pocket all the time.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2258 on: January 21, 2022, 10:09:36 PM »

You want my opinion (that I’m sure you guys will disagree with)?  I think every American deserves the right to vote, under some conditions. If you are a criminal and don’t abide by the laws in our country, then your right is taken away.  Up for debate would be what crimes exactly take away that right  On top of that, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that every American citizen show their proof of ID in order to vote (like we do for so many other things in this country/world).  If some have trouble getting an ID (something I’m not familiar with) then we need to make that easier for them…but I do think an ID should be required.  If you want to call that restricting voting, then so be it. I call it having a system that we abide by.   

I swear topics like these get so out of control simply because people just take the side of whatever their leaders say. If those leaders changed course next week, these same people would follow suit.

If Republicans actually cared about voter identification, they'd pass these laws along with free IDs for those who don't have one. But they don't, which exposes it as the anti-democratic attack on voting rights that it is.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2259 on: January 22, 2022, 04:51:23 AM »

There are consequences when you don’t follow laws.  I’m not talking about people who have done their time and out of prison.

Yes, the consequence is that you either pay the fine or go to prison.

But you don't lose your citizenship.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: