Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:59:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Update on European tour
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update on European tour  (Read 20607 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: May 11, 2020, 12:02:11 PM »

GN’R Fam: Sadly, the upcoming European tour will not be happening. Things are changing daily and we want to keep our fans, crew members and band safe. We are working hard with our promoters, venues and cities/countries on next steps and will make further announcements as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience, we will get through this together and look forward to seeing you all very soon…

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:03:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 02:46:21 PM »

Slash has to be like an animal in a cage.  He's going to bust out when he gets back on stage.  Poor guy has he ever spent this much time off the road?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 08:16:26 AM »

I just got an email from ticketmaster Czech concerning the refunds for tickets for the Prague concert.

Refunds are delayed by 1 year. Refunds are going to be paid in November 2022.  rant
You read that right. Not 2021 but 2022.  21 months away. Almost 3 years after the purchase.

Honestly thats bullshit.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 08:21:21 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 12:59:57 PM »

Don't be too hard on them, they are being driven out of business.  You're losing a little bit of money, they are losing millions and putting their workforce out on the streets.  It sucks but we're all getting screwed in one way or another with this pandemic.  Look forward to the day we can go to concerts again.  But yeah this just flat out sucks.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 06:26:50 PM »

I find it hard to sympathize with Ticketmaster.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 09:17:42 PM »

Yeah I'm not fond of them either.  hihi  But I can sympathize with their employees.  Hopefully, they have jobs to return to.  I would hope if it was my refund money that I had earmarked for my playtime and never got back that it went to somebody's pay check.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 05:42:06 AM »

But the people there are just doing their jobs. Many of whom have been affected by the pandemic....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 07:54:52 AM »

Queen just postponed their Summer shows to 2022.

I think it’s safe to say 2021 ain’t happening  Cry
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 03:31:48 PM »

Queen just postponed their Summer shows to 2022.

I think it’s safe to say 2021 ain’t happening  Cry

No it's not.  Or maybe just not what we hoped would happen.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 04:57:09 PM »

But the people there are just doing their jobs. Many of whom have been affected by the pandemic....

/jarmo

My comment wasn't directed at the day to day employees, just the company as a whole. Their business practices have always been questionable, pandemic or not. I don't know what their justification is for refusing to issue refunds for nearly 3 years on a product that was never delivered.. whether it's to keep the company afloat or to meet payroll or whatever, but it doesn't seem right. Everyone's feeling the pinch, I'm sure their customers could make use of that money right now too...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 05:03:25 PM »

Oh, I get it. But these are unprecedented times. It's not just one tour that is having these issues. It's the whole industry.

I'm sure there are all kinds of contracts that need to be respected. Insurance etc.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 06:04:37 PM »

Do you guys think the Australian tour will get canceled until 2022? beer

Rizzo160
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 06:41:50 PM »

If i understood correctly the Czech government passed a law last year that refunds can be delayed until end of 2021 https://www.ecovislegal.cz/en/czech-legal-news/measures-to-mitigate-the-impact-of-covid-19-on-czech-cultural-events/

But now they extended it by a year until 31 oct 2022.

I found it out by emailing ticketmaster earlier this week about what do i have to do to get the refund in 10 months. And i got a reply like this:
''Hello, We are sorry, but according to the law, the organizer of the concert Live Nation has the right to return money after 31.10.2022. In the meantime, you request a voucher.''

At first i thought of using the voucher for another gig in the future, but the voucher is only good for events in Czech Republic. Since i dont live there, and the Prague gig didnt get rescheduled but cancelled thats not really an option.

Long story short. I didnt really mind the refund being paid in November 2021. But im irritated that they just moved it to Nov 2022.
Concerts in Finland that i requested a refund. i had no trouble at all, took  maybe 2 months to get the money.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 02:26:41 AM »

The whole situation is sad. But the bigger picture is whats relevant now. I really hope we can get this pandemic to stop soon. I have no problem with ticketmaster holding on to my money, as long as i get my tickets when GNR is back touring.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 03:18:26 AM »

But the Prague show was cancelled not postponed..how on can they keep the money?

I have zero sympathy for Ticketmaster in that situation. I’m happy to roll gigs over until they happen but if it’s cancelled refunds should be issued immediately.

Some bands (The 1975) are choosing to cancel so their fans can get refunds in these difficult times.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 07:11:05 AM »

But the Prague show was cancelled not postponed..how on can they keep the money?

Some new law was passed last year on that country so they can hold on to the money for longer than before.

Best part. I have to remeber to ask for a refund in november 2022 to get the money. If i dont ask for it, i wont get it.
I tried to ask for it now. But its not enough, i have to ask again in 21 months.

I get the situation is bad for everyone  but i still feel like being ripped off here.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 08:34:14 AM »

Some new law was passed last year on that country so they can hold on to the money for longer than before.

Best part. I have to remeber to ask for a refund in november 2022 to get the money. If i dont ask for it, i wont get it.
I tried to ask for it now. But its not enough, i have to ask again in 21 months.

I get the situation is bad for everyone  but i still feel like being ripped off here.

Yeah, that’s bull shit.

Edit- that they can do that, nor what you’re saying
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 02:44:28 AM »

Do you guys think the Australian tour will get canceled until 2022? beer

I didn't think so a week ago.

I'm a huge tennis fan and it was nice to see actual fans in the stands again at the Australian Open.  But yesterday, they announced a snap 5 day near total lockdown because of surging cases locally.  And they were supposed to be the world's success story on how this virus was being handled.

So I'd be concerned about those shows at the very least.  Very.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 02:58:11 AM »

I get the situation is bad for everyone  but i still feel like being ripped off here.

I get the frustration.

Personally, I'd look at it as a sunk cost, almost.  Money I had already spent.  Wasn't like I was counting on it for anything else.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2021, 07:05:58 AM »

Aerosmith have pushed their European jaunt back to 2022

Only hope is if outdoors is somehow allowed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: