Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not In This Lifetime Selects starts today
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not In This Lifetime Selects starts today  (Read 63949 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2020, 05:07:38 PM »

I'd like to hear Madagascar, Sorry and Rosie/Riff Raff with Angus.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2020, 01:21:56 PM »

I just noticed we do have Welcome to the Jungle  peace
https://fb.watch/2vjTtmBQlq/

and Slash
https://fb.watch/2vlDMoG9le/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 01:51:23 PM by Vezara » Logged
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2020, 09:02:45 PM »

Any new update on the next streaming from GNR beer

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2020, 11:41:08 PM »

I'm guessing Christmas, New Years, Martin Luther King Day and Axl's birthday.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: December 22, 2020, 10:28:07 AM »

No. But the poster above has a good idea.

So who knows, maybe they'll post something for the holidays?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #185 on: December 23, 2020, 08:11:12 PM »

i made an edit of ise houston 2016 https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/kimxgt/guns_n_roses_its_so_easy_houston_2016_multicam/
if u like it there is a link here in the download section.

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2020, 01:50:59 PM »

@gunsnroses

The final YouTube Selects of the year. Today at 2pm PT | 5pm ET | 10pm GMT on YouTube. Get ready  ⚡
 https://youtu.be/4YpJV6BSxro

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2020, 04:45:14 PM »

Happy New Year Jarmo, thanks for the update. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »

Not In This Lifetime Selects
October 13th, 2019 - Manchester, TN @ Great Stage Park (Exit 111 Festival)
Live And Let Die, Shadow Of Your Love,  Black Hole Sun, Only Women Bleed (instrumental)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door,  Paradise City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YpJV6BSxro

Premiere December 30th, 2020

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2020, 07:26:38 PM »

God that was nice.  Miss this band.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Appetitefordemocracy
Opening Act

« Reply #190 on: December 31, 2020, 12:40:42 PM »

Fantastic...has anybody put them all together? Would be great to watch a semi-complete pro-shot concert, there’s got to be at least 1h30 without repeating songs
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #191 on: December 31, 2020, 07:00:16 PM »

Probably the best versions of Black Hole Sun and Shadow of your Love. Not the best version of LALD. Fortus really outshone Slash in KOHD. IDK why Slash didn't just grab the 6-string neck and kick on the distortion. Trying to solo with the clean 12-string just sounded embarrassing, I'm sorry. I really can't wrap my head around a lot of his tone choices lately. The intro to Paradise City sounded so weak and dry. Where's the reverb?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2021, 08:23:13 AM »

Probably the best versions of Black Hole Sun and Shadow of your Love. Not the best version of LALD. Fortus really outshone Slash in KOHD. IDK why Slash didn't just grab the 6-string neck and kick on the distortion. Trying to solo with the clean 12-string just sounded embarrassing, I'm sorry. I really can't wrap my head around a lot of his tone choices lately. The intro to Paradise City sounded so weak and dry. Where's the reverb?
yeah his tone really sucks and it’s gettin worse and worse... no sustain, hyper dry sound...Fortus is way better i mean he has 2000 effects but very well balanced and he has a thick sound, i really like it.. on the other side slash can’t use sustain and reverb/delay..I don’t get it,I can’t understand his choices.
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2021, 11:18:30 AM »

Thanks for the additional songs peace  beer
All we are missing is:
Mr Brownstone, Welcome to the Jungle, Better, Live and let Die, Shadow of your love, Yesterdays, Slash Solo, Don't Cry, Used to love her, Wish you were here, Black hole sun, Knocking on Heaven's Door, Patience, Whole lott'a Rosie, Madagascar, The Seeker, Paradice City, Prostitute, Sorry
 Grin
Not demanding, just hoping to a reminisce of good memories

Not too much left rofl
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2021, 12:38:57 PM »

Serious question here. I get that this is a fan forum, and that being a fan sometimes means looking past issues and defending the band you've been following forever... BUT did any of you finish watching/listening to this last drop and REALLY think that it was good? I'll be honest the embarrassment actually caused a physical reaction in me, I could feel in my stomach how hard it was to watch.

Why in the world would you pick that show (or really even that year) for any of this content. There is no power to Axl's voice, the Mickey Mouse things is on display everywhere but Shadow (because he has to scream it like he did with ACDC), but the troubling part is the Mickey Mouse is paired with pitch and tune issues. The on line reviews of this aren't without merit, this sounds like a bad karaoke version of most of these songs.

I pray that 2020 was spent with a personal trainer like he's Brad Pitt getting ready for Fight Club 2, along with a vocal coach. I also wonder how their (Axl's) forced use of in ears and iso cabs with no live sound effects this sound and mix. I know people have also complained about Slash's tone, but he doesn't sound nearly as "thin" with the Conspirators... the difference there is that there is actually live sound coming from the stage, which coincidentally is exactly what Axl performed in front of with AC/DC.   
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #195 on: January 04, 2021, 12:46:50 PM »

The effect you are looking for that is missing on Paradise City is Chorus, not reverb... BUT his sound is too dry and needs more reverb (although it does show up on the SCOM intro).
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #196 on: January 04, 2021, 03:16:11 PM »

Why in the world would you pick that show (or really even that year) for any of this content.

I can think of multiple reasons for "why this, and not that?" etc.
Maybe it was easily available since it was the most recent full tour? Maybe this was never considered to be released (as in something you'd pay for) to begin with, and therefore is just something they shared with us for free instead of, well, not sharing anything during 2020?

People complained that Live Era wasn't live enough, and now these clips aren't the best ever. Maybe it was never the purpose to begin with. Maybe the purpose was just to give fans something in a time of a lot of nothing? I guess I'm reading too much into the name, Not In This Lifetime Selects? It's not called the Not In This Lifetime Greatest Performances or Highlights... Or even Best Of The Not In This Lifetime tour.

I enjoyed these clips for what they are. Some looks back at shows from 2019, and a bit from 2018 and 2016. It doesn't replace anything in my mind. Is better than this or that? No, it's in addition to everything.

So in the end, you didn't like a clip, big deal. We all know what would happen if there were no clips to comment on to begin with..... Smiley

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2021, 01:41:19 AM »

Why in the world would you pick that show (or really even that year) for any of this content.

Maybe it was easily available since it was the most recent full tour? Maybe this was never considered to be released (as in something you'd pay for) to begin with, and therefore is just something they shared with us for free instead of, well, not sharing anything during 2020?

People complained that Live Era wasn't live enough, and now these clips aren't the best ever. Maybe it was never the purpose to begin with. Maybe the purpose was just to give fans something in a time of a lot of nothing? I guess I'm reading too much into the name, Not In This Lifetime Selects? It's not called the Not In This Lifetime Greatest Performances or Highlights... Or even Best Of The Not In This Lifetime tour.

I enjoyed these clips for what they are. Some looks back at shows from 2019, and a bit from 2018 and 2016. It doesn't replace anything in my mind. Is better than this or that? No, it's in addition to everything.

So in the end, you didn't like a clip, big deal. We all know what would happen if there were no clips to comment on to begin with..... Smiley

/jarmo

I agree with COma to some extent Jarmo. Yes, there's been too much whining and complaining here in the past...17 years hehe, and I understand you don't want to revisit any of that.

But, in my opinion, posters should be free to discuss if Axl's voice sucks or whether Slash misses a few notes, or if Frank is not keeping up with Duff. We are just expressing an opinion. This is our favorite band. All of us are in the same boat here, we want the best for GNR.

But I concur with COma, Axl's performance in LALD is subpar. I don't want to get into why some clips are chosen over others, as you said, there could many reasons why. But hey, nothing wrong with commenting on how we perceive the quality of performances. I don't think we are just complaining, just sharing something that's relevant to the topic.

We are grateful to enjoy something to watch/listen to from the GNR camp until we get new music / new gigs, but I see no harm in saying "Axl's voice is crap in LALD".

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2021, 06:30:04 AM »

The truth is, he can never win.

I remember when he sounded too good and some were busy finding clues in YouTube clips proving that it was all playback.  hihi

I don't know, maybe the fact that 2020 sucked so much made me even more of a believer of "be happy for what you got while you got it".

/jarmo

Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2021, 11:02:28 AM »

/jarmo

I agree with COma to some extent Jarmo. Yes, there's been too much whining and complaining here in the past...17 years hehe, and I understand you don't want to revisit any of that.

But, in my opinion, posters should be free to discuss if Axl's voice sucks or whether Slash misses a few notes, or if Frank is not keeping up with Duff. We are just expressing an opinion. This is our favorite band. All of us are in the same boat here, we want the best for GNR.

But I concur with COma, Axl's performance in LALD is subpar. I don't want to get into why some clips are chosen over others, as you said, there could many reasons why. But hey, nothing wrong with commenting on how we perceive the quality of performances. I don't think we are just complaining, just sharing something that's relevant to the topic.

We are grateful to enjoy something to watch/listen to from the GNR camp until we get new music / new gigs, but I see no harm in saying "Axl's voice is crap in LALD".

No one is censoring anybody here. Everyone is free to express their opinions. So too is Jarmo if he disagrees with you. There are over 400 pages in this thread to display complaints relative to the topic. The persecution complex is ridiculous...

EDIT: I thought I was in the "New Album Speculation" thread, hence the 400 pages comment. Still, the point remains...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 11:10:05 AM by Hustlers Revenge » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: