Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:28:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Don't Cry music video release date?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't Cry music video release date?  (Read 3259 times)
AFM
Opening Act

« on: January 26, 2021, 09:15:26 AM »

Hi there,

I'm doing research for an important project and really need to know what was the Don't Cry music video release date.
The project is of somewhat historical importance. A certain event took place sometime within the first days of the Don't Cry music video release, which is why I need relevant information to narrow down the interval. Guessing or making up facts is not an option as it would defeat the project's own purpose.

The best I found out is:
"October 1991"
www.imdb.com/title/tt7107276/releaseinfo

It would make sense if its release would match the release of UYI (Sep. 17), but some sites do mention October, so for now that has to remain the strongest possibility.

I was wondering if any of you fellow gunners could help me out. That would really be great. Please include your sources.

Thanks!
Ana
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 03:53:10 PM »

Maybe try contacting someone from MTV.

Most likely they premiered it.

Im pretty sure they filmed it in September 91.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 04:53:12 PM »

If it's some help, I do remember it being launched around October 20th. That's my younger brother's birthday. I remember being excited to watch the video.
AFM
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 05:28:04 AM »

rebelhipi, contacting MTV was a good idea. I did that, but it's too soon so no answer yet. However, that lost some importance... read on Wink

draguns, you were very very close. Great guess!

I just received an amazing reply in another forum from member Blackstar, who solved the issue (I hesitate to post a link as it's likely against house rules). He posted 2 pages from different newspapers and both state October 12, 1991 (the following day) as the premiere date for Don't Cry.

Looks like that's it! Many thanks guys!

EDIT: Turns out it's October 20 - read below
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:47:28 PM by AFM » Logged
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 05:43:52 PM »

rebelhipi, contacting MTV was a good idea. I did that, but it's too soon so no answer yet. However, that lost some importance... read on Wink

draguns, you were very very close. Great guess!

I just received an amazing reply in another forum from member Blackstar, who solved the issue (I hesitate to post a link as it's likely against house rules). He posted 2 pages from different newspapers and both state October 12, 1991 (the following day) as the premiere date for Don't Cry.

Thanks! Like I said, I remember the video came out around the time of my younger brother's birthday. Blackstar is probably one of the BEST forums members who knows a ton of  GNR history.
AFM
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 07:01:49 AM »

If it's some help, I do remember it being launched around October 20th. That's my younger brother's birthday. I remember being excited to watch the video.

Wow draguns, talk about accuracy...
Blackstar posted a Billboard page, confirming October 12 as the planned date for the premiere.
However, for some reason it ended up being postponed, and only premiered on... October 20!   ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 12:01:39 PM »

Cool. Always learn some new details about the band's history.  ok

I don't remember if MTV Europe had a special premiere for this one like they did for November Rain (which was promoted as a premiere etc).

They used to have a show every week where they would show the new videos. So maybe it was shows on that.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 04:38:10 PM »

I will though risk the wrath of jarmo:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=334930#p334930
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 06:36:37 PM »

Why?

Never really had a problem with linking to sources of information or giving credit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 12:18:19 PM »

Just teasing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: