Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:53:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Pets
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pets  (Read 20202 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2021, 04:06:09 AM »

We got a whole cat tree for our 3. Our one cat Cuddles has taken it over and made it his.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2021, 02:13:14 PM »

We got a whole cat tree for our 3. Our one cat Cuddles has taken it over and made it his.

Yeah, some times they don't share well.   hihi  If I had a cat room I'd have a bunch of those.

I have a new couch coming and I'm getting prepared to protect it from the cats.  I'm going to use those plastic squares on it but I'm replacing/adding to the cat scratching posts.  I have another one on my list that looks like a llama.  Never tell people you like something.  They buy it for you and you don't have room for the ones you actually like!  Finally, I'm picking a llama I like, sort of, not passionate about it.   hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2021, 11:31:43 PM »

The neighbor calls me.  Simone is eating her kill right outside his front door.  It's big and he can't identify what she has, maybe a squirrel.  "Yeah that's gross and disgusting, let me know if she leaves anything behind.  I'll clean it up when I get home."  Really I'm thinking, man up and stop freaking out.  hihi  He should be hoping she got that squirrel that tore up his hot tub cover.  I'm not a fan of the circle of life like that but once it's done at least let the kill count for something and let the cat finish her meal.

It was a squirrel.  Yuck.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 11:20:02 AM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2021, 09:53:55 PM »

Terrapin is practicing her big cat moves.  She sneaks up on the other cats like she is going to attack them but instead of actually doing it she screams at the top of her lungs.   hihi  Scares the shit out of me and the other cats.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2021, 03:33:37 PM »

All the cats are jumpy with Terrapin screaming at them.  They've been cautious around each other and getting into little spats.  I hear Simone and Little Boy, my feral cat, getting into it.  I open the door to break it up and Terrapin runs out screaming at them.  They both freak and scatter.  Terrapin chases Little Boy for a second and Simone runs for the roof.  Lily hearing it all, comes running only to come face to face with Terrapin.  About face and she runs for cover with Terrapin following.  Cats going in every direction.   hihi  I'm just standing there thinking, she's a kitten, why are you guys running away from her?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2021, 05:08:31 PM »

Aw, Axl's cat, Dexter died.  Such a cool cat.  Have been checking him out for years.  Twenty years, that's a long time for a cat.  Axl took good care of him.  Twenty years is just not long enough of a life for people who love them. 

Ooops, fourteen years.  We old cats don't see that well.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 07:48:42 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2021, 12:13:52 AM »

cineater
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2021, 11:31:37 PM »

When I was about 10 my father woke me up to tell me Pappy had died.  He was an African parrot who lived in my grandfather's drug store.  One of those little connections I had with my father the rest of the family didn't have.  Years later we we're out to lunch for some occasion and my father wanted to buy me a gift from the gift shop.  There it was, a parrot pin.  And now many years later with my father gone, I still have the parrot pin.  That little connection.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2021, 04:58:53 PM »

The Christmas tree is going up this weekend.  Terrapin looks like a full grown cat but she's got a kitty brain.  There's a reason she's called Terrapin, The Terror.  I have a feeling she is going to add to her legacy.   hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2021, 11:17:47 PM »

The Christmas tree is going up this weekend.  Terrapin looks like a full grown cat but she's got a kitty brain.  There's a reason she's called Terrapin, The Terror.  I have a feeling she is going to add to her legacy.   hihi
Can we take bets on how many times you wake up to a tree on the floor or ornaments all over the place?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2021, 01:04:58 AM »

Can we take bets on how many times you wake up to a tree on the floor or ornaments all over the place?

There is no way to cat proof one of those.  It's going down.  hihi  We may have to bet how many times a day.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2021, 11:12:26 AM »

I remember setting the turkey on the table one year and Timon jumped over the table snatching a piece of turkey.  He never touched the table!  I swear that cat did a fly by.   hihi  He was gone before any of us could object.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2021, 10:42:16 PM »

There is no way to cat proof one of those.  It's going down.  hihi  We may have to bet how many times a day.
We used to tie it to something th prevent it from falling over. One of my cats now is the climber. She will climb up the middle and lay on the branches. She will also chew the lights. I remember one year we bought this really nice flocked pre lit tree. All the lights worked for a damn day.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2021, 11:08:46 PM »

We used to tie it to something th prevent it from falling over. One of my cats now is the climber. She will climb up the middle and lay on the branches. She will also chew the lights. I remember one year we bought this really nice flocked pre lit tree. All the lights worked for a damn day.

I've heard of cats that chew wires but I've never had one of those.  Terrapin will probably prove me wrong.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2021, 08:31:21 PM »

I forgot Terrapin wasn't skilled at climbing trees.  She stretched up into it but her feet never left the ground.  She had a better time playing in the box.  Just to be safe, I'm not getting out any of my glass Christmas stuff this year.  I can still hear my glass canisters crashing to the ground.  Shocked

cineater
Legend

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2021, 05:04:11 PM »

Last night Lilly and I hear scampering in the wall.  Took Terrapin with me today to inspect the outside of the house.  This is your job little kitty, find where that mouse is getting in.  She went right to it.  We're both thinking the same spot.  Left her out there to take care of that.  I use a packet of herbs the mice don't like the smell of, it does a pretty good job of getting them to leave an area if that cats don't take care of them.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2021, 11:43:05 PM »

Terrapin had a great time helping wrap the gifts. Lily at 6 years old still thinks it's pretty cool too.  Cat paws slow me down but it makes wrapping a lot more fun.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2021, 12:41:08 PM »

Today is Lily's gotcha day.  She was mostly dead when I found her.  The vet said a couple of hours away from her body shutting down.  I found her in my daylily bed at the garden.  She weighed in at one pound.  My second to last gift from the universe in 2015.  My best year for those, they just kept coming.  Anyway, Miss Death Lily the Garden Cat, Lily for short.  Still grateful for that gift.  She's pretty happy with me too.  Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2021, 04:12:32 PM »

Simone is pissed!  Never hear her meow at me like that.  I'm getting a new couch so I shoved the old one out for the trash.  Lily talked me through it while I'll shoved the couch out the back door.  Terrapin came in and is looking for the couch but we all know which cat made that couch her bed.  Saw Simone out there checking the couch out at the end of the driveway.  Went out to talk to her and oh shit, take myself back in the house.  Hope she doesn't go in the trash truck with it.  Hope I'm forgiven when the new one shows up Wednesday.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2021, 07:33:48 AM »

Simone is pissed!  Never hear her meow at me like that.  I'm getting a new couch so I shoved the old one out for the trash.  Lily talked me through it while I'll shoved the couch out the back door.  Terrapin came in and is looking for the couch but we all know which cat made that couch her bed.  Saw Simone out there checking the couch out at the end of the driveway.  Went out to talk to her and oh shit, take myself back in the house.  Hope she doesn't go in the trash truck with it.  Hope I'm forgiven when the new one shows up Wednesday.

Sounds like someone really liked that couch.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: