Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:52:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Updates: July 31st, 2021 Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Updates: July 31st, 2021 Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium  (Read 28187 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2021, 11:34:46 PM »

Wonder if they will play Hard School at Fenway park or if it will be the same 25 songs? Hopefully get some new music and better vocals from AXL. beer

I know folks keep asking for it but I don't really care for Hard School.  It's a kind of a throw back to another era song.  I don't think it shows any growth in the band's sound.  I haven't paid much attention to it, when was it written?

Agreed, it's a forgettable song that gets attention because it was leaked. I'd say it was written around '97-98. Clearly not the style of writing Slash and Duff do. And if it were, why would Axl have the '98 lineup record it?

Well I just bit the bullet for tickets at Metlife. Got a good deal on them by holding out, at least.

Wonder if they will play Hard School at Fenway park or if it will be the same 25 songs? Hopefully get some new music and better vocals from AXL. beer

I think they will. The Hershey setlist was CLEARLY shortened significantly. A one song encore is very unusual for them. Axl was having mic issues and there was a curfew.

I feel bad for saying something about the song.  Everybody is waiting for something new and it would be a real lift.  Maybe they've changed it up a bit.

They didn't turn on the house lights right away after the encore.  Maybe they were debating if they could get in one more.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2021, 08:37:44 AM »

I know folks keep asking for it but I don't really care for Hard School.  It's a kind of a throw back to another era song.  I don't think it shows any growth in the band's sound.  I haven't paid much attention to it, when was it written?

Agreed, it's a forgettable song that gets attention because it was leaked. I'd say it was written around '97-98. Clearly not the style of writing Slash and Duff do. And if it were, why would Axl have the '98 lineup record it?

Well I just bit the bullet for tickets at Metlife. Got a good deal on them by holding out, at least.

I think they will. The Hershey setlist was CLEARLY shortened significantly. A one song encore is very unusual for them. Axl was having mic issues and there was a curfew.

I feel bad for saying something about the song.  Everybody is waiting for something new and it would be a real lift.  Maybe they've changed it up a bit.

They didn't turn on the house lights right away after the encore.  Maybe they were debating if they could get in one more.

I was told at the start of the concert that they took the stage 10 to 15 minutes later than when they expected to go on.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2021, 01:47:26 PM »

I could use them to go on a couple of hours late tonight.   hihi  I've got an appointment with the GNR pinball machine for a good ass kicking.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: