Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:41:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Absurd / Silkworms
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Absurd / Silkworms  (Read 33934 times)
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2021, 08:26:52 PM »

I think the only thing that could stop GNR's plans is the covid virus.it is getting bad again and could cancel the rest of the tour. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point and we get to see GNR's plans. beer

Rizzo160
otgm
Opening Act

Personal text

« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2021, 02:38:13 AM »

The best takeaways, in my view, in order :

- shows they actually didn't spend all last year doing nothing
- shows Slash and Duff to be pretty open minded
- shows they aren't just going to try and write '(Still) Out To Get Me' type material...in 2021

I'm probably biased considering my nick and all, but I'd love to hear some good old hard rock aswell. Yes it is "old" but I bet it still is the music style that most GNR fans like to hear. I don't mind a bit of experimentation, but Absurd would've been better without the echoed vocals and the 20 years old sounding "instrumental" noise. Guitar, drums and bass are timeless but those effects age really fast.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 05:55:34 AM by otgm » Logged

Been hidin' out and layin' low
It's nuthin' new ta me
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2021, 05:42:54 AM »

- shows they aren't just going to try and write '(Still) Out To Get Me' type material...in 2021

I'm probably biased with my nick and all, but I'd love to hear some good old hard rock aswell. Yes it is "old" but I bet it still is the music style that most GNR fans like to hear. I don't mind a bit of experimentation, but Absurd would've been better without the echoed vocals and the 20 years old sounding "instrumental" noise. Guitar, drums and bass are timeless but those effects age really fast.
so agree

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2021, 07:29:45 AM »

I'm probably biased considering my nick and all, but I'd love to hear some good old hard rock aswell. Yes it is "old" but I bet it still is the music style that most GNR fans like to hear. I don't mind a bit of experimentation, but Absurd would've been better without the echoed vocals and the 20 years old sounding "instrumental" noise. Guitar, drums and bass are timeless but those effects age really fast.

I'm fine with the track so this isn't a complaint about the style of the song... BUT... Lets be honest, this sound has since died. While Rock is far from the most popular brand of music, falling far behind Hip Hop, Pop, and Country nationally (at least in the US)... When is comes to Rock one of the most popular and successful bands right now is Greta Van Fleet, if anything they have proven that an AFD or Zeppelin like album would probably be better received than a late 90's early 2000's industrial sounding album. That 'Brand' of music had a pretty small window.

****HAVING SAID THAT****

Axl seems as happy and as comfortable with his surroundings (Slash, Duff, Team Brazil, 4TUS, ect...) as he has, maybe ever... If that gets him to release OMG with Slash on it, than I'm going to accept it with open arms and a smile. I'll take what I can get and what HE wants to release.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 07:32:11 AM by C0ma » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2021, 02:59:02 PM »

I'm fine with the track so this isn't a complaint about the style of the song... BUT... Lets be honest, this sound has since died. While Rock is far from the most popular brand of music, falling far behind Hip Hop, Pop, and Country nationally (at least in the US)... When is comes to Rock one of the most popular and successful bands right now is Greta Van Fleet, if anything they have proven that an AFD or Zeppelin like album would probably be better received than a late 90's early 2000's industrial sounding album. That 'Brand' of music had a pretty small window.

****HAVING SAID THAT****

Axl seems as happy and as comfortable with his surroundings (Slash, Duff, Team Brazil, 4TUS, ect...) as he has, maybe ever... If that gets him to release OMG with Slash on it, than I'm going to accept it with open arms and a smile. I'll take what I can get and what HE wants to release.
Numetal is coming back.
Im not joking, and its not a bad thing either. There was some good stuff in there.

Im not saying Absurd is numetal. Just that that late 90s sound is getting trendy again.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 03:49:16 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2021, 06:16:09 PM »

I'd like to hear this "Still Out Ta Get Me" you speak of...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2021, 02:23:08 AM »

Out 2 Get Me
sandman
Legend

« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2021, 01:09:55 PM »

Duff played it as the last song on his sirius show. I missed his comments before he played it. I’ll have to listen to the replay.

He also played down on the farm about 45 mins before that.

Absurd fuckin rocks!!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 08:56:15 AM by sandman » Logged

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Tmac2020
Opening Act

« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2021, 08:54:02 AM »

I’m excited by Aburd - after several times listening to the number I like it
I had never heard “ Silkworms” until last week
The new version destroys the old one

Slash’s take makes this song killer
I hope Slash plays on all the unreleased stuff from
Cd - Slash makes it sound rocking

And then have a album of new songs

Release 2 albums
I really live the song Absurd

The only thing I think could have been better is during the breakdown - Slash should have Wah Wah a solo to go along with it
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 08:58:59 AM by Tmac2020 » Logged
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2021, 02:09:29 PM »

My two cents:
I have given the song 2 weeks now. Heard it about 20-30 times. Seen the «video» to the song. Heard the live versions.

Sorry, but it hasnt grown on me (like I’d hope it would).
I’m not an expert in analyzing, can’ really go in deep and explain «why» it sounds like it does to me.
But the maestro Axl that I remember, that in my mind was (is!) the most amazing vocalist, lyricist, melody maker - this isn’t like him (them). Last time I felt the same about a song was my world back in 91. Fortunately back then we had 29 other new songs to listen to.
If I didn’t know better, I would say they had some obligations to record company to put out something new within a time frame, and this was a big fu to that….

Oh well. Lots of feelings here I guess. Disappointment.
Still glad they have released something  Grin
Hoping and crossing fingers for more (and better stuff) to come.

-Eirik

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2021, 03:59:16 PM »

I think Absurd was better choice than hard skool cause it was nice to remember GNR as a dangerous bad ass rock band.
Most would expect SCOM or NR 2.0 or some really well manufactured radio song but instead we got a song that perfectly represents who GNR were and are. Everyone else was going left in the 80s they were going right

Same here, GNR were never meant to be a love song band and would be easy to fall into that formula

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2021, 05:00:13 PM »

Fun little mashup/remix I did for Absurd.

https://youtu.be/FTHrlcYQfyw

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2021, 12:30:09 AM »

I mean, if nothing else it shows that they are as full of piss and vinegar as ever and will write whatever they want to, not what they think will sell albums or singles.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2021, 02:15:11 PM »

I love it honestly. Only thing I would change would be bring back the old chorus cause I find myself singing it every time anyway.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2021, 04:08:05 PM »

Physical release being worked on.

Pressing vinyl just takes a bit longer due to the capacity at the pressing plants...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2021, 04:43:14 PM »

Pressing vinyl just takes a bit longer due to the capacity at the pressing plants...

/jarmo

Great!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2021, 02:05:17 AM »

Interesting, so I guess it is a single, but maybe not an album single?

GingerGringo92
Headliner

« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2021, 11:16:00 AM »

/jarmo

Was that a single, an EP, or an LP?  beer

Que lo mejor de mi pasado sea lo peor de tu futuro
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2021, 11:41:42 AM »

/jarmo

I'm elated to hear about a vinyl pressing. Hoping Fernando was referring to an entire album being pressed but I'll take a 7" single too Smiley

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GingerGringo92
Headliner

« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2021, 11:44:22 AM »

/jarmo

I'm elated to hear about a vinyl pressing. Hoping Fernando was referring to an entire album being pressed but I'll take a 7" single too Smiley

Anything would be great, that's for sure. I know you probably can't say Jarmo lol

Que lo mejor de mi pasado sea lo peor de tu futuro
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: