Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:03:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Updates: August 5th, 2021 East Rutherford, NJ @ Metlife Stadium
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Updates: August 5th, 2021 East Rutherford, NJ @ Metlife Stadium  (Read 18441 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2021, 11:12:20 AM »

It's great to see them smiling and having fun on stage as a band....

Best part of this whole reunion for me.

This dude was so angry for so long.  It's great to see him just having fun after all this time.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2021, 11:43:07 AM »

Same here...he had me smiling too.

I Figured you guys would like that clip..as I recorded it I knew I had to post it here....hopefully we see more like it!
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2021, 04:37:02 PM »

I don't know if anyone has commented on this yet, but they apparently have corrected something that REALLY bothered me on past tours: the tempo on some songs.

Frank was rushing a lot the tempo on November Rain, Estranged, Nightrain, and others. From the videos I've seen from the three show so far, the tempo is much slower, which suits the songs much better.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2021, 06:34:56 PM »

Sounds pretty damn good so far! The verses of Better sounds a little shaky from Ax, but he did a great bridge tonight!

Agreed, he should do the bridge to Better like that every time from now on. His voice was cracking a lot trying to hit the highest notes before and this is still pretty high and still sounds intense. I was also thinking with stuff like NR, he should just do the whole thing (except the outro which he nails) in his lower register. Trying to do it in the head voice just doesn't work, and nobody listens to NR for screaming high vocals anyway.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2021, 07:07:46 PM »

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I was surprised at the lack of pyro last night. Thoughts?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2021, 07:33:47 PM »

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I was surprised at the lack of pyro last night. Thoughts?

From what I noticed last night there was no pyro or confetti, I just assumed it takes more crew to operate all of those things and they are probably trying to reduce that due to covid protocols.  That’s just a guess on my part.  They had all the extra stuff like flames for LALD and pyro for November Rain on the screens instead, and I thought it was cool.  The band was so great, while the extra stuff is cool, they definitely don’t need to have it IMO. 
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2021, 07:41:02 PM »

The show was awesome last night! They were having a great time. Axl was interacting much more with the crowd than in 2016 and 2017. Patience sounded good! I have to say that I like Absurd.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2021, 07:57:15 PM »

The show was awesome last night! They were having a great time. Axl was interacting much more with the crowd than in 2016 and 2017. Patience sounded good! I have to say that I like Absurd.
Glad you enjoyed yourself, draguns 👊🏽

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2021, 08:12:37 PM »

There's no pyro on this tour.

Also, video intro was used so no McBob intro anymore.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2021, 09:03:21 PM »

I don't know if anyone has commented on this yet, but they apparently have corrected something that REALLY bothered me on past tours: the tempo on some songs.

Frank was rushing a lot the tempo on November Rain, Estranged, Nightrain, and others. From the videos I've seen from the three show so far, the tempo is much slower, which suits the songs much better.

Why do people insist frank rushes it?  They play to click tracks with a midi sync to visuals, lights, etc like most major tours. 

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2021, 09:18:25 PM »

Glad you enjoyed yourself, draguns 👊🏽

Ali

Thanks! The one issue that I did have is getting nailed in the back of my head. Some stupid drunk guy in the above row was walking back to his seat and carrying a couple of beers. I had the aisle seat. The guy nailed me with his shin. That hurt. He didn't apologize until after I tapped him on the foot saying WTF. He apologized. This same guy was banging on the empty seat next to my friend like he was playing drums. This guy was a complete tool. When you are at a show act normal. Don't be a jacka$$!
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2021, 09:36:02 PM »

Why do people insist frank rushes it?  They play to click tracks with a midi sync to visuals, lights, etc like most major tours. 

Well maybe I wasn't clear enough. It's not that Frank loses tempo and rushes during the song.

What I meant was that the tempo (bpm) of those songs is noticeable smaller this tour, and I think that's great.
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2021, 10:00:40 PM »

/jarmo

I miss Mc Bob's famous intro's....

The video intro was meh.. compared to McBobs running full speed into Its so easy...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2021, 10:18:42 PM »

/jarmo

They did McBob in Fenway??
alex_arg
Opening Act

« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2021, 11:31:40 PM »

I would like The general Intro back again!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: