Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hard school sooner than later?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hard school sooner than later?  (Read 12850 times)
dsaddler78
Rocker

« on: September 14, 2021, 12:32:11 AM »

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-to-release-another-new-song-hard-school-soon/
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 01:51:56 AM »

I have never heard a leak of "Hard School"....I know I am in the minority but I want to hear it as new on an album release or live perhaps. I am going to the show in Columbus in a week and a half so fingers crossed !
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 05:17:13 PM »

I heard the soundcheck, Slash has this awesome solo.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 06:31:20 PM »

I have never heard a leak of "Hard School"....I know I am in the minority but I want to hear it as new on an album release or live perhaps. I am going to the show in Columbus in a week and a half so fingers crossed !
It’s definitely more in line with that old school GN’R feel. Catchy, good chorus, familiar Axl growl. Will definitely receive more ‘air-play’ than Absurd, way more radio friendly. Not that I think GN’R cares about the mainstream anymore.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 06:36:47 PM »

Just in case, I'll be late to Chicago.  Can somebody take on covering the streams?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 08:26:26 PM »

Hardschool is just a better song than absurd. beer

Rizzo160
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 09:33:41 PM »

Interesting...
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 01:00:08 AM »

It’s definitely more in line with that old school GN’R feel. Catchy, good chorus, familiar Axl growl. Will definitely receive more ‘air-play’ than Absurd, way more radio friendly. Not that I think GN’R cares about the mainstream anymore.
Hell yeah. That is what I wanted to hear. I keep wondering why all the new song stuff is like Chinese Democracy out takes? Slash can write all these cool riffs and stuff for Myles Kennedy so why can't he for GNR? Meet in the middle guys!
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 11:13:07 AM »

Hell yeah. That is what I wanted to hear. I keep wondering why all the new song stuff is like Chinese Democracy out takes? Slash can write all these cool riffs and stuff for Myles Kennedy so why can't he for GNR? Meet in the middle guys!

I disagree with what they said; it's very much a CD style track. Slash will add his guitars and solos but it's not a riff-based song like he writes.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 02:40:28 PM »

Er, the next time he's in Japan can somebody take him out and get him a cool robe?   hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 04:43:07 PM »

I disagree with what they said; it's very much a CD style track. Slash will add his guitars and solos but it's not a riff-based song like he writes.
It isn't riff-based, and it is quite literally a song from the CD era. But, it also isn't as synth-heavy as many of the songs from that era. It is closer to Scraped than Shackler's.

Ali
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 01:20:17 AM »

It isn't riff-based, and it is quite literally a song from the CD era. But, it also isn't as synth-heavy as many of the songs from that era. It is closer to Scraped than Shackler's.

Ali
well damn....It seems Axl is sitting on old songs (Chinese era) as opposed to letting Slash write new stuff to be released. Again, anybody can listen to the stuff he does for Myles and can see he still has it. With that said, I will withhold judgement til I hear hardschool
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 09:23:01 AM »

I won’t begin to speculate on when this song will be released, however Chicago seems like a really cool place to do it. Historical Wrigley Field.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2021, 12:43:59 PM »

I won’t begin to speculate on when this song will be released, however Chicago seems like a really cool place to do it. Historical Wrigley Field.

Would be interesting that Absurd dropped at Fenway Park and Hardskool at Wrigley if that's how it happens.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2021, 12:46:22 PM »

Would be interesting that Absurd dropped at Fenway Park and Hardskool at Wrigley if that's how it happens.

Absolutely. Both of those are my favorite baseball parks. Wrigleyville being number one. Maybe because I’m biased. Ha!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2021, 12:51:37 PM »

Building up hopefully to a full album release Black Friday

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2021, 01:29:59 PM »

well damn....It seems Axl is sitting on old songs (Chinese era) as opposed to letting Slash write new stuff to be released. Again, anybody can listen to the stuff he does for Myles and can see he still has it. With that said, I will withhold judgement til I hear hardschool

Just because the first two singles are old material doesn't mean there will be nothing truly new.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2021, 03:44:55 PM »

'Hard School' is a *much* better song than 'Absurd'.

And would absolutely get airplay.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GingerGringo92
Headliner

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2021, 06:08:01 PM »

https://www.tiktok.com/@slash/video/7008627151993867525?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

Que lo mejor de mi pasado sea lo peor de tu futuro
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2021, 06:19:54 PM »

'Hard School' is a *much* better song than 'Absurd'.

And would absolutely get airplay.
That's for sure

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: