Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Updates: September 18th, 2021 Milwaukee, WI @ Summerfest
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Updates: September 18th, 2021 Milwaukee, WI @ Summerfest  (Read 7500 times)
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2021, 12:24:24 AM »

I was hoping to hear something different from the Illusions albums during the concert last Thursday. The Garden would be nice to hear.

That was the point I made earlier! I totally agree. So many great tracks, and it being the 30 year anniversary. The Garden would be awesome!!!!!
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2021, 12:27:15 AM »

I think they'll close out the US leg of the tour with Hard School. That would be an awesome way to close out the US tour and create some buzz for the next leg.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2021, 12:33:23 AM »

I think they'll close out the US leg of the tour with Hard School. That would be an awesome way to close out the US tour and create some buzz for the next leg.

That works for me....but in the meantime, instead of a few of the covers some Deep cut Illusion stuff was my best wish! come on guys....30th anniversary!
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2021, 12:39:59 AM »

Wichita is just a beautiful song.
Agree! And the GNR version makes this song sounds even better, IMO.
yes it is cool, but with it being the 30th anniversary of the UYI records why not more songs from that. I know, I am being the whiny complainer! But damn they have so many great songs from those albums never played. Just saying. One or 2 less covers please
I get you but I don’t think that there’s any connection between playing covers and not playing another GNR song. It’s more about want or not want to...It’s not like if they don’t play this cover they’ll play a GNR deep cut..If they want play Locomotive they will. It’s not Witchita that is blocking it. It’s the will. I mean with or without covers they can do any other song If they want. The Illusions anniversary thing I think it’s much more important to a little percentage of us then to the band or the casuals fans. From those 6 guys that recorded the Illusions albums only Matt mentioned it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 12:42:00 AM by Derick » Logged
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2021, 12:47:53 AM »

Just popping in for my bi-annual check to see if they've played full Checkmate yet  Grin Grin Grin Grin

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2021, 12:51:26 AM »

Agree! And the GNR version makes this song sounds even better, IMO.
yes it is cool, but with it being the 30th anniversary of the UYI records why not more songs from that. I know, I am being the whiny complainer! But damn they have so many great songs from those albums never played. Just saying. One or 2 less covers please
I get you but I don’t think that there’s any connection between playing covers and not playing another GNR song. It’s more about want or not want to...It’s not like if they don’t play this cover they’ll play a GNR deep cut..If they want play Locomotive they will. It’s not Witchita that is blocking it. It’s the will. I mean with or without covers they can do any other song If they want. The Illusions anniversary thing I think it’s much more important to a little percentage of us then to the band or the casuals fans. From those 6 guys that recorded the Illusions albums only Matt mentioned it.
I disagree about the random cover playing a part. these shows are 2 hours plus and most times on a curfew. the 30 year mark is important. Illusion deep cut>random cover for hard core fan
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2021, 01:09:30 AM »

Absolutely! But tell me, at a show, how many hardcore fans are there? It doesn't reach 1% of the audience.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2021, 01:26:53 AM »

Absolutely! But tell me, at a show, how many hardcore fans are there? It doesn't reach 1% of the audience.
The band knows all this.....You are correct for the most part, but that is what Kiss would do based on the numbers! This is GNR!!!! AXL and the guys know what we want to hear I believe or are at least more in the know. They care about what the fans actually think I would hope and I believe.
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2021, 07:27:50 AM »

The band knows all this.....You are correct for the most part, but that is what Kiss would do based on the numbers! This is GNR!!!! AXL and the guys know what we want to hear I believe or are at least more in the know. They care about what the fans actually think I would hope and I believe.
I have no doubt they care. Proof of this is that they already played Coma, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Madagascar, Prostitute, TWAT, You're Crazy, Out Ta Get Me, DTJ, Yesterdays, My Michelle, Shadow and Absurd... Songs that casuals don't care if they don't play them. The thing is that we will always want more and there will always be this gap between what they give us and what we want..We will never be completely satisfied, perhaps for a short period of time, but then we will want more and more, again.  And if we're not paying attention to that, we might miss out on all the fun. That’s the curse of been a hardcore fan. But this is not exclusive to us (GNR hardcore fans), it happens to absolutely every fanbase of every other band in the world! Imagine a band still in activity that, from our point of view, seems perfect... Can you imagine? Now take a look at some fan forum for this band. I guarantee you will find complaints and many opinions that this “perfect band” should do things differently. rofl
cineater
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2021, 11:36:23 AM »

Darn, there's only 6 shows left.  I'll be late Tuesday, pinball party, if somebody can plan on helping cover streams, you're up. 

Hate to see summer coming to an end.  This being a woman of leisure is not all it's cracked up to be.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2021, 03:50:12 PM »

Darn, there's only 6 shows left.  I'll be late Tuesday, pinball party, if somebody can plan on helping cover streams, you're up. 

Hate to see summer coming to an end.  This being a woman of leisure is not all it's cracked up to be.  hihi

Pinball party! That sounds like a great excuse. Enjoy! Yes! 6 shows left. Time flies
cineater
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2021, 04:16:43 PM »

Pinball party! That sounds like a great excuse. Enjoy! Yes! 6 shows left. Time flies

There's not that many shows down under, if they happen.  It's a long way to next summer and so far away.  Don't know when I'll get to see them live again.

Love the pinball party, free play and free food.  Okay, league fees paid for it but it's all a nonconcern for the night.  Fun group of people too.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2021, 07:30:17 PM »

The Illusions anniversary thing I think it’s much more important to a little percentage of us then to the band or the casuals fans. From those 6 guys that recorded the Illusions albums only Matt mentioned it.

But they are advertising the anniversary with gear and will supposedly be releasing a box set, too. You'd think there would be at least a nod in the set to it.

I have no doubt they care. Proof of this is that they already played Coma, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Madagascar, Prostitute, TWAT, You're Crazy, Out Ta Get Me, DTJ, Yesterdays, My Michelle, Shadow and Absurd... Songs that casuals don't care if they don't play them. The thing is that we will always want more and there will always be this gap between what they give us and what we want..We will never be completely satisfied, perhaps for a short period of time, but then we will want more and more, again.  And if we're not paying attention to that, we might miss out on all the fun. That’s the curse of been a hardcore fan. But this is not exclusive to us (GNR hardcore fans), it happens to absolutely every fanbase of every other band in the world! Imagine a band still in activity that, from our point of view, seems perfect... Can you imagine? Now take a look at some fan forum for this band. I guarantee you will find complaints and many opinions that this “perfect band” should do things differently. rofl

Fair points. When I was at Metlife with a joint and a beer in my hands watching Slash play the solo to Civil War, I had zero complaints!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2021, 08:15:33 PM »

Well, it will probably be the last 6 gigs of 2021. With the Delta variant problem in Australia and New Zealand, they should soon announce the cancellation. Undecided
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2021, 08:28:37 PM »

The Illusions anniversary thing I think it’s much more important to a little percentage of us then to the band or the casuals fans. From those 6 guys that recorded the Illusions albums only Matt mentioned it.

But they are advertising the anniversary with gear and will supposedly be releasing a box set, too. You'd think there would be at least a nod in the set to it.
If the box set had been released or at least had a release date, yes. But the merchandising thing I don’t see it as a big deal not enough to make them change the setlist, IMO.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2021, 11:15:32 AM »

That was a great show in Milwaukee.  Cool

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUDEzkfrHTZ/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2021, 11:21:27 AM »

Well, it will probably be the last 6 gigs of 2021. With the Delta variant problem in Australia and New Zealand, they should soon announce the cancellation. Undecided

I'm thinking that too.  The band has to be bummed. 

Derick
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2021, 12:35:46 AM »

/jarmo

I just read some Facebook comments from fans who have been to this gig and indeed, this one looks like it was a great one. Some fans who have been to multiple shows are saying so far Milwaukee was the best of this tour.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2021, 12:05:15 PM »

/jarmo

I just read some Facebook comments from fans who have been to this gig and indeed, this one looks like it was a great one. Some fans who have been to multiple shows are saying so far Milwaukee was the best of this tour.

Up to Better and not saying anything bad about afterwards, there was some band chemistry going on that reminded me of the Dead.  You were watching the masters do their thing.  They owned that music.  Made it look effortless.  LA they were having fun but this was something different.  Passed up professional musicians.  Can't ever be gods but you can be their music.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: