Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:59:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  official release date for EP
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: official release date for EP  (Read 9058 times)
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2021, 12:16:16 AM »

I like Hard Skool and Absurd and I’m glad to hear them. But this announcement confirms there was never a new album in the works and probably won’t be.
That is my fear also. Hopefully we are wrong
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2021, 06:57:19 AM »

I think the EP is an EP with the two songs they have released so far plus some bonus tracks.

How does that relate to any future releases? No idea.

Some people were asking for new music, and they got it....

/jarmo

and I'm glad to have some new music, thanks for clarifying  ok

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2021, 09:16:51 AM »

This is a band that, while a long time a go in a galaxy far far away, has leaned on EP's to fill gaps. There is LLAS, LIES, even the Live From the Jungle (Japan Release).

Everyone also has to get used to the fact that digital is the way to distribute music today, that is only amplified by things like labor and materials shortages. things like this EP are aimed at the collectors of vinyl (and oddly cassette). Digital Streaming outpaces physical media and even digital purchases via iTunes by 10:1 as it relates to industry dollars. Not saying an album isn't coming, but the band can sit at the top of "singles" charts and keep eyes on their tour by dropping a song every 6-8 weeks, then make a physical release with things like live tracks and covers... then rinse and repeat.

I also wouldn't discount a Use Your Illusion package in the future... that certainly must be directly impacted by shortages.
GunnerJohn73
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2021, 03:32:32 PM »

Sorry I’ve just read what is on the EP , no covers . How exciting 😩😴😴😴.

So you have the song to listen to as much as you want on streaming services.

Then, if you're a collector or just want a physical release, you can get it on tape, CD or vinyl.

Not exciting enough? Just enjoy the song.

/jarmo

Exciting enough for me, ordered all 3.
chad_er33
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2021, 08:11:23 PM »

I am happy for new material, but wanted something created by Axl, Slash and Duff. Not songs written years ago by others with these guys just playing on.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2021, 09:23:22 PM »

I am happy for new material, but wanted something created by Axl, Slash and Duff. Not songs written years ago by others with these guys just playing on.

Hopefully this is just a stepping stone....
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2021, 01:03:11 AM »

But this announcement confirms there was never a new album in the works and probably won’t be.

What a ridiculous thing to say. This comment confirms that you have no clue what the word "confirms" means.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2021, 01:05:10 AM »

But this announcement confirms there was never a new album in the works and probably won’t be.

What a ridiculous thing to say. This comment confirms that you have no clue what the word "confirms" means.
reckless speculation rofl
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2021, 01:06:36 AM »

We know from the demo that Slash (or maybe Duff or Richard but it sounds like a Slash idea) wrote the part behind the solo and after that, the melodic part, plus the build-up at the end. Rocket Queen was written for Road Crew before Slash was even in Guns, and merged with another song (the outro). It's literally the way they have always written music for their entire career.

shaundix
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2021, 06:09:33 AM »

Has anybody noticed that gnrmerch.com now lists the shipping date for the vinyl as June 24 2022?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2021, 03:19:28 PM »

I assume that the physical copy of the single is more for the hardcore completists among us. 

Hence the delay on its shipping being small potatoes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 04:20:49 PM »

We know from the demo that Slash (or maybe Duff or Richard but it sounds like a Slash idea) wrote the part behind the solo and after that, the melodic part, plus the build-up at the end. Rocket Queen was written for Road Crew before Slash was even in Guns, and merged with another song (the outro). It's literally the way they have always written music for their entire career.
Wasn't it Duff who mentioned in a 1996 interview (Howard Stern) that they were working on a song for a Jackie Chan movie?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2021, 05:25:57 PM »

Wasn't it Duff who mentioned in a 1996 interview (Howard Stern) that they were working on a song for a Jackie Chan movie?

Yes, but I don't believe that it's the the same song. Slash writes around riffs whereas this song is built around chord changes. I say either it's what they continued writing for the Chan movie after Slash left, or if it is the same song, it was written by Paul Huge or something. But I find that very hard to believe, that Axl would want to start again right back where they left off on horrible terms. I think it's most likely a coincidence or simply what the lineup post-Slash came up with for the movie before it fell through.

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2021, 08:16:54 PM »

Just so happy to get new music. beer

Rizzo160
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2021, 06:25:45 AM »

This is not the "EP" is it Huh I mean it´s the Hard Skool cd single? Like a traditional 12" Maxi- single?: Hard Skool, Absurd, Don´t Cry (Live), Youré Crazy (Live). I love it as it is. It's perfect! I only wish there could be 12" vinyl for this.

I've read somewhere a different rumour for an EP titled "GNFNR" including: Hard Skool, Absurd and the covers of Wichita Lineman and Black Hole Sun. Anyone got info on that?

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2021, 06:43:25 AM »

This is not the "EP" is it Huh I mean it´s the Hard Skool cd single? Like a traditional 12" Maxi- single?: Hard Skool, Absurd, Don´t Cry (Live), Youré Crazy (Live). I love it as it is. It's perfect! I only wish there could be 12" vinyl for this.

I've read somewhere a different rumour for an EP titled "GNFNR" including: Hard Skool, Absurd and the covers of Wichita Lineman and Black Hole Sun. Anyone got info on that?
I think Fernando said on reddit that its fake.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2021, 09:51:28 AM »

So here is what i don't get. I understand there is a segment of GNR fandom that doesn't look kindly on the Chinese Democracy Era cuz it wasn't the original members who were a part of it. But i think its unfair to Axl who has put years into all the music that was either on Chinese Democracy and whatever did not make it onto that album. This is also why the leaks from years ago kinda killed any momentum these songs could have had. I think we could be getting alot of new material and yes it might be technically older stuff axl did years ago but shouldn't he be allowed to put out the music he has created who cares who initially made it. Embrace what comes out i mean the last 5 years have been the best run GNR has had since the early 90 s. We could always go back to the 95-00 & 02-08 years of absolutely nothing going on.
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2021, 12:10:11 PM »

since it will be out in february, does it means that a future LP will be out (months) *after* february 2022? thanks to anyone who could clarifying that to me.

Seems unlikely, but anything is possible. GNR is generally pretty mysterious, so the future is difficult to predict.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2021, 07:36:58 AM »

yeah, I'm used to it since 1989...I just hope we'll have a final/new LP before I die  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: