Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  How fucking random was that?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How fucking random was that?  (Read 6367 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: October 12, 2021, 01:56:53 PM »

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-news/plane-crashes-near-high-school-in-santee-reports/

You're a UPS driver out making deliveries in a neighborhood, hit and killed by a crashing airplane.  What are the odds of that happening?  No powerball winning for you, you die doing a drop off by shit falling from the sky.  That has never happened or will again.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 10:00:49 AM »

William Shatner going to space, for real.

hihi  He got a natural high.  He can't even find the words.  How cool.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 11:20:38 AM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 11:16:26 AM »

It sounds stupid, we know, but we swear it works! If your keys don’t have much of a range, hold them right under your chin and press the button again — the fluids in your head will exchange the reach of the signal just a little bit. Seriously, if you don’t believe us, just try it for yourself!

Who discovered that little trick?  Can't wait to try that out.  Going to look a little weird.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 02:58:00 PM »

I've got $62 in Christmas scratchers.  The kids complain I buy them all at one time, all from the same place.  This year I went to 5 different gas stations, one of them twice.  Is that random enough?  hihi  Somebody better win!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 12:33:11 PM »

My mother gives me bags of books that gets passed around to her group.  This time she hands me a bag and says it's Amish books like maybe I would object to reading those.  And she kind of has this distasteful look on her face.  I don't know anything about the Amish really.  I'm open to reading them as long as they are story books and not religious training.  They are story books except I'm thinking these must be for teenagers.  The story is good but the dialog is kind of slow.  They spend a lot of time on their thought process when it comes to choices.  I'm thinking pretty obvious what you need to do, why this dialog?  Well into the third book I realize what's going on, I'm being brainwashed.  But then I start thinking, I'm pretty much agreeing with that whole thought process.  Holy shit, I'm Amish!   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 04:23:14 PM »

Was not expecting to do rock climbing.  One of those little gifts the universe sends your way when you're not looking for it.  Always thought I would have been good at that.  I'm still a little spider monkey but I can not stick that landing.  On my ass every time!   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 04:27:38 PM »

Giving myself shit this morning because I need to dust.  Out of all the household chores I put that one off as long as I can.  Go into retrieve my Christmas money from under the sewing box and there's a lose 100 bill.  Apparently I forgot that from last year's Christmas money.  Not a magic sewing box.  That's all well and good but seriously, I need to dust!  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 03:15:49 PM »

OMG, this is genius prankster stuff.  You hide it in somebody's house and they go nuts trying to find the cricket.   hihi  It comes in several other noises like meows and batteries going dead. 

cineater
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2022, 12:11:04 PM »

Coming home every trash can was blown down for four blocks.  Go down one street and they are all down, turn the corner and all the way down the line, trash cans down.  Must have been one hell of a wind gust.  Fortunately, they had all just been emptied.  Just struck me as funny.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 06:04:54 PM »

Eye lashes on cars?  I don't care either which way but it never would have occurred to me.   hihi  I guess it's those folks who put bumper stickers on the body of the car who came up with that.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2022, 11:49:57 PM »

My daughter comes home from work and nobody is there including the dog.  Her husband and I show up.  I took him and dog to the store.  Her brother in law's girlfriend, dog and two kids drop by.  Clay shows up with his kid (secret stuff in the back of his truck).  People going in and out the door.  Dogs and kids running around.  And she's trying to manage morning sickness.  Finally, "what are those boxes in my garage?  What is happening?"   hihi

Might appear to be a random act of madness to the unsuspecting.  No, planned, big surprise.   Gotcha!  Cheesy  We got her a patio set for an early birthday present.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2022, 12:57:18 AM »

I'm going along subtracting my latest purchases from my checking account.  Get to the last one and it's exactly the same as my balance.  I don't think I've ever zeroed out my balance unless I was closing out the account.  Got it down to some change before but never zero.   So amazed I had to double check if that was right.  hihi 

Don't be concerned, I do fuzzy math with the account.  I'm good.  Wink

cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2022, 12:58:36 AM »

Shit, I got selected for jury duty.  I do not want to do that.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2022, 07:50:42 AM »

Jury duty has always fascinated me.
Can you say refuse going? Lets say youre out of the country can you reschedule or do you absolutely have to fly back home and do it?

And if the trial takes like a month, are you stuck in a hotel for a month without a phone, laptop ect?

Asking as a european who has no idea but has been watching too much law and order Grin

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2022, 11:04:18 AM »

Can you say refuse going? Lets say youre out of the country can you reschedule or do you absolutely have to fly back home and do it?

And if the trial takes like a month, are you stuck in a hotel for a month without a phone, laptop ect?

Asking as a european who has no idea but has been watching too much law and order Grin

It could be different in different states but here you can't refuse without the possibility of consequences to be determined by the judge.

You can be excused with a good excuse and delayed with a decent excused.

Being sequestered in a motel room is rare.  You normally show up every morning and go home at night, 9 hours of your time.

Not like TV, more like waiting for your flight to stop being delayed while you're waiting at the gate.  You spend a lot of time just waiting around.  You have to pay to park and go out to lunch.  They said we have to wear masks.  At some point they pay you $20 a day. 

If you do have to sit as a juror, you sit for hours listening to testimony.  The chairs are generally uncomfortable and you have no table in front of you to lean on.  You go through a process of being pick as a juror.  When they finally have a group of jurors, the actual trial is set for a few months away and then you come back for how ever many days the attorneys think it will take.

Some folks find it really interesting and are into it.  I've been a professional witness for 26 years and wasted many hours at the court house.  It's your civic duty and a total bore fest.  hihi

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2022, 06:43:47 PM »

Shit, I got selected for jury duty.  I do not want to do that.

Interesting.

More questions.

Is it like once in a lifetime thing. Or is it like everyone does it once every 10years for example?

It could be different in different states but here you can't refuse without the possibility of consequences to be determined by the judge.

You can be excused with a good excuse and delayed with a decent excused.

Being sequestered in a motel room is rare.  You normally show up every morning and go home at night, 9 hours of your time.

Not like TV, more like waiting for your flight to stop being delayed while you're waiting at the gate.  You spend a lot of time just waiting around.  You have to pay to park and go out to lunch.  They said we have to wear masks.  At some point they pay you $20 a day.  

If you do have to sit as a juror, you sit for hours listening to testimony.  The chairs are generally uncomfortable and you have no table in front of you to lean on.  You go through a process of being pick as a juror.  When they finally have a group of jurors, the actual trial is set for a few months away and then you come back for how ever many days the attorneys think it will take.

Some folks find it really interesting and are into it.  I've been a professional witness for 26 years and wasted many hours at the court house.  It's your civic duty and a total bore fest.  hihi
Interesting. More questions.

Is it like once in a lifetime thing. Or is it like everyone does it once every 10years for example?
And do they pay the you or your workplace for the time lost or do you actually lose money doing it?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 06:45:46 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2022, 12:44:05 AM »

You can be called every two years.  Your employer has to let you off but doesn't have to pay you.  They get no compensation for you being gone.  The fact that your employer doesn't pay you is a good excuse.

I'm hoping when I call in the night before they say they don't need me but I'm number 83.  Not sure how many they call in but that looks like a low number.

I use to get out of it just because of who I worked for.  I'm hoping they look at who I retired from and don't want me.  hihi

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2022, 08:42:13 AM »

You can be called every two years.  Your employer has to let you off but doesn't have to pay you.  They get no compensation for you being gone.  The fact that your employer doesn't pay you is a good excuse.

I'm hoping when I call in the night before they say they don't need me but I'm number 83.  Not sure how many they call in but that looks like a low number.

I use to get out of it just because of who I worked for.  I'm hoping they look at who I retired from and don't want me.  hihi
That sucks that they dont pay people.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2022, 11:22:20 PM »

That sucks that they dont pay people.

I think they are pretty good about letting people get out of it if they complain and they really can't nail you on ignoring them unless they send a certified letter.  Who's to say that didn't get lost in the mail.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2022, 12:10:06 AM »

Rebel, what do they do in your country for trials?  Are you experiencing inflation too?

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: