Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:37:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new material update...or lack there of
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new material update...or lack there of  (Read 40770 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2021, 03:06:56 PM »

I think what Slash & Duff are doing is something that means alot to Axl and i think alot of fans forget this when it comes to them redoing these songs that Axl came up with. This has probably gone a long way to why everything seems to be going so well when it comes too their touring. I support whats going on I want to hear all the songs Axl came up with for all those years where nothing seemed to be going on. if their is a steady stream of songs each year lets say they release 2 to 3 songs a year over the next couple of years barring a full album coming out is that a bad thing? Clear out the vault of old stuff then move on.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2021, 04:05:24 PM »

No, I don’t. if anything, quite the opposite (certainly I think in terms of bringing both bands onto people’s radar). To think otherwise would be to assume that people will choose one thing over the other, or maybe only have money to buy one thing over the other. Do other artists take other music being released into account when figuring out a release date? If that were the case then November album releases wouldn’t be a favoured time of year to put new music out surely?

So you don't think the two are kinda fighting for the same audience?

/jarmo

But that still implies it has to be one or the other. Can people not like more than one artist or buy more than one artist’s material?

Anyway, my frustrated rambling is doing me no good and it certainly won’t change anything. I’ve got the Hard Skool EP ordered and I’m defo going to see GnR next year, so plenty to look forward to. Also managed to snag some cool UYI promo stuff online so I’m good.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »

I think what Slash & Duff are doing is something that means alot to Axl and i think alot of fans forget this when it comes to them redoing these songs that Axl came up with. This has probably gone a long way to why everything seems to be going so well when it comes too their touring. I support whats going on I want to hear all the songs Axl came up with for all those years where nothing seemed to be going on. if their is a steady stream of songs each year lets say they release 2 to 3 songs a year over the next couple of years barring a full album coming out is that a bad thing? Clear out the vault of old stuff then move on.
Its better than nothing but that to me its not as exciting as really new songs written by this line-up. I Don't think its what Duff and Slash would love to do in Guns, but as you said they are doin' it for Axl. It would be nice he would do the same for them

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2021, 05:20:48 PM »

But that still implies it has to be one or the other. Can people not like more than one artist or buy more than one artist’s material?

Of course they can. The only point is that if you can spend X amount of time/money on something, and then have to either divide that time/money on multiple things, or just spend it all on one thing. Which one "wins"? Some, choose to do just one thing, others choose both. But in the end, if even one person makes the choice of choosing just one, the other one lost...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2021, 07:02:40 PM »

Of course they can. The only point is that if you can spend X amount of time/money on something, and then have to either divide that time/money on multiple things, or just spend it all on one thing. Which one "wins"? Some, choose to do just one thing, others choose both. But in the end, if even one person makes the choice of choosing just one, the other one lost...

/jarmo

Slash’s album and the Hard Skool EP are both released in February 2022.

dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2021, 08:01:31 PM »

So has Axl said directly to Slash and Duff we are going to re do these songs I already have and I want you guys to put your stamp on them and that is it and don't bother coming up with anything original? Because that is what it seems like. 6 years and Slash hasn't come up with one new Idea?Huh come on man. He wrote an entire new album so obviously he still is creating. For all we know maybe they have that as an understanding?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2021, 04:02:11 AM »

No, I don’t. if anything, quite the opposite (certainly I think in terms of bringing both bands onto people’s radar). To think otherwise would be to assume that people will choose one thing over the other, or maybe only have money to buy one thing over the other. Do other artists take other music being released into account when figuring out a release date? If that were the case then November album releases wouldn’t be a favoured time of year to put new music out surely?

Well sure they do. Myles' solo albums were arranged around Alter Bridge and Slash's schedules and still didn't step on the toes of Tremonti's solo albums released those same years.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2021, 07:55:40 AM »

Well sure they do. Myles' solo albums were arranged around Alter Bridge and Slash's schedules and still didn't step on the toes of Tremonti's solo albums released those same years.

Noted, but see my comment above. Slash’s new album clashes with the Hard Skool release.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 08:23:20 AM by The_General » Logged

Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2021, 10:28:15 AM »

Since the vast majority of people stream music nowadays, the argument that they won't have money to buy two albums doesn't really stand. It's not the 90's or even 00's anymore.
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2021, 11:44:51 AM »

Since the vast majority of people stream music nowadays, the argument that they won't have money to buy two albums doesn't really stand. It's not the 90's or even 00's anymore.

Yeah, that argument makes zero sense. The number of people who actually buy music now is negligible. There are honestly no reasonable arguments or excuses left as to why this band can't/won't put out an album. It just comes down to dysfunction or inability/lack of desire to create. That's it. The lost opportunities to put a greater stamp on the musical world since they first came on the scene in the 80s is just tragic.

But, so it goes. They still tour and bring joy to people by playing the old songs. It's not what I am into but a lot of people love it. Life goes on.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2021, 12:00:43 PM »

Without a new single out, Slash is still getting asked about GN'R in interviews.... Imagine if there was a GN'R single out at the same time.

Let me clarify to those who don't get it. Yes, I'm aware you can listen to both on Spotify. Assuming I'm that stupid says more about you than me... But whatever.

I'm not saying Slash's record is delaying anything. Just pointing out the simple fact that maybe, just maybe, it makes sense to wait with the next GN'R release (whatever that might be) closer to the next tour because A: There will be a tour B: It won't coincide with Slash promoting his new release. If you were his record company, what would you think?

But I know that's too much for some to comprehend.... Which is fine. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:37:30 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2021, 02:03:46 PM »

- "oh, so you know everything then?"
- "there could be things going on you know nothing about"
- "this band can surprise you"

How many times?  How many times is that sort of shit thrown around here?  And it's all with this haughty "HOW DARE YOU" tone to it.  Like anyone daring to have a scintilla of doubt about, to be kind, a pretty unreliable operation needs their fan card revoked.

Yet, news like this comes out...and what?  Is there any of this :

- "well...shit"
- "perhaps some of you were more on the right track than I was"
- "might be time to stop believing implicitly with zero proof, combined with their poor track record"

No.  There is NONE of that in this thread.  Which is the definition of weak.

A lot of folks (and not just Jarmo, so let's not get that twisted) really trade in a lot of credibility with shit like this comes down the pike.  So quick to burn anyone and everyone at the stake, lecturing us all the while...nowhere to be found when EXACTLY WHAT MANY OF US SAID is proven on the money.

This is a touring operation.  It's about $BIG DOLLAZ$ at this point.  Stop hoping for some miracle album that ain't coming.

And for christ's sake, go sell your lectures somewhere else.  

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2021, 03:10:52 PM »

How many times?  How many times is that sort of shit thrown around here?  And it's all with this haughty "HOW DARE YOU" tone to it.  Like anyone daring to have a scintilla of doubt about, to be kind, a pretty unreliable operation needs their fan card revoked.

Did you know Absurd was gonna be released this year? Did you know Hard Skool was gonna be out until it was announced?

Let me guess, you had no idea.

How many times does the band need to prove you wrong before you accept/admit that you really know very little?  Huh

Edited to add: At the end of the day, if there's one thing I've learned in the last 25 years is that those who think they know, rarely actually do..... Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 04:00:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2021, 04:20:34 PM »

Did you know Absurd was gonna be released this year? Did you know Hard Skool was gonna be out until it was announced?

Let me guess, you had no idea.

How many times does the band need to prove you wrong before you accept/admit that you really know very little?  Huh

Edited to add: At the end of the day, if there's one thing I've learned in the last 25 years is that those who think they know, rarely actually do..... Smiley

/jarmo

Truthfully, never expected or wanted to hear Absurd ever again.  Especially with the best line of the song, what can I do with a bitch like you, not in it!  Never saw that coming.  I could go on but hey, GNR likes it.

Expected Hard Skool but not as a single.  I hoped for an album (the year's not over  Cheesy). 

I suspect the label isn't going to like CD II material no matter who plays or works on it, in other words they aren't going to support a new GNR album with that.  But then again I don't think they are going support any new GNR album.  I suspect the label will continue to string GNR along because they do make money off the old material.  What I'm wondering if the use of Jungle in the car commercial was the leverage that got the two singles out?  Just where my thoughts go because I don't know shit about what GNR is doing.   hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2021, 04:22:50 PM »

Many people are basing their opinion that the band as a creative venture, one that is capable of producing a new album, is dead, on facts. Here are the simple ones:

--After 6 years of the reunion, the band has this to show for it so far as newly released music: Two reworked 20-year-old songs

--Slash is quoted as saying they have not worked on NEW material, after 6 years. SLASH said this.

--Since Spaghetti Incident, released in 1993, nearly 30 years ago, the "band" has released a single full album, and a handful of singles.

So, it is reasonable to conclude that this band, creatively, has some issues, and as a creative entity, is largely dead. That is not being negative or a "hater" or whatever. It is looking at the facts objectively. I don't hate people who believe otherwise. No need to put someone else's opinion down. But looking at all of this objectively, divorced of emotions and feelings, it is hard to come to any other conclusion. If they prove me wrong, fantastic. But with these as the facts before me, my conclusion is that this band creatively is barren.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 04:25:59 PM by Trash Panda » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2021, 04:45:20 PM »

Noted, but see my comment above. Slash’s new album clashes with the Hard Skool release.

Hard Skool is already out. How else would we have heard it? You're just talking about the shipping of physical CDs.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2021, 04:47:26 PM »

How many times?  How many times is that sort of shit thrown around here?  And it's all with this haughty "HOW DARE YOU" tone to it.  Like anyone daring to have a scintilla of doubt about, to be kind, a pretty unreliable operation needs their fan card revoked.

Yet, news like this comes out...and what?  Is there any of this :

- "well...shit"
- "perhaps some of you were more on the right track than I was"
- "might be time to stop believing implicitly with zero proof, combined with their poor track record"

No.  There is NONE of that in this thread.  Which is the definition of weak.

A lot of folks (and not just Jarmo, so let's not get that twisted) really trade in a lot of credibility with shit like this comes down the pike.  So quick to burn anyone and everyone at the stake, lecturing us all the while...nowhere to be found when EXACTLY WHAT MANY OF US SAID is proven on the money.

This is a touring operation.  It's about $BIG DOLLAZ$ at this point.  Stop hoping for some miracle album that ain't coming.

And for christ's sake, go sell your lectures somewhere else. 

Not strong on self-awareness, are we?  Roll Eyes

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2021, 06:08:53 PM »

Many people are basing their opinion that the band as a creative venture, one that is capable of producing a new album, is dead, on facts. Here are the simple ones:

--After 6 years of the reunion, the band has this to show for it so far as newly released music: Two reworked 20-year-old songs

--Slash is quoted as saying they have not worked on NEW material, after 6 years. SLASH said this.

--Since Spaghetti Incident, released in 1993, nearly 30 years ago, the "band" has released a single full album, and a handful of singles.

So, it is reasonable to conclude that this band, creatively, has some issues, and as a creative entity, is largely dead. That is not being negative or a "hater" or whatever. It is looking at the facts objectively. I don't hate people who believe otherwise. No need to put someone else's opinion down. But looking at all of this objectively, divorced of emotions and feelings, it is hard to come to any other conclusion. If they prove me wrong, fantastic. But with these as the facts before me, my conclusion is that this band creatively is barren.

I'll play along.

So being a creative venture only means releasing material.

Got it!  Shocked

The whole obsession with them not sitting down together somewhere to write a song from scratch is still astounding. Everybody here knows that they didn't write Don't Cry together in the studio while recording Use Your Illusion, Anything Goes wasn't even a GN'R song, November Rain existed before UYI was recorded etc etc. Those songs weren't written from scratch together either. Didn't seem to bother people.... We can keep repeating these facts over and over and they still don't matter to the people who like to pint out facts. Smiley

/jarmo

DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2021, 06:40:50 PM »

I'll play along.

So being a creative venture only means releasing material.

Got it!  Shocked

The whole obsession with them not sitting down together somewhere to write a song from scratch is still astounding. Everybody here knows that they didn't write Don't Cry together in the studio while recording Use Your Illusion, Anything Goes wasn't even a GN'R song, November Rain existed before UYI was recorded etc etc. Those songs weren't written from scratch together either. Didn't seem to bother people.... We can keep repeating these facts over and over and they still don't matter to the people who like to pint out facts. Smiley

/jarmo

rofl rofl hihi

Jarmo, you are undefeatable  hihi

Definitively Axl Rose's best friend ever!
at least best defender  hihi

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2021, 07:05:52 PM »

rofl rofl hihi

Jarmo, you are undefeatable  hihi

Definitively Axl Rose's best friend ever!
at least best defender  hihi

Add some more smileys, I don't think you've fully expressed your immaturity.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: