Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:01:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sweet Child O' Mine featured in the trailer for Thor: Love and Thunder
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sweet Child O' Mine featured in the trailer for Thor: Love and Thunder  (Read 3198 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: April 18, 2022, 11:32:30 AM »

https://youtu.be/tgB1wUcmbbw

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 12:13:51 AM »

And woman with blue hair.   Grin

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 02:56:52 AM »

For a very brief moment when I saw the headline on loud wire I thought it was a new song and had a flutter of excitement. Would have been great ahead of the tour. Still, the SCOM seems to fit well into the trailer.

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 07:21:13 AM »

Every time there's a rumor of a new Terminator movie, there's those who wish it would feature a new GN'R song.

I guess that hasn't rumor hasn't been applied to the superhero movies yet.  hihi

But yes, the song fits the trailer.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 07:43:51 AM »

Wasn’t there a Jack Black movie where they used that song but it was a version with the other members of the band in it at the time or did I imagine that? If so, I guess this would be the original version? Also, I agree … the song fits.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 09:38:13 AM »

It was the end credits of Sandler's movie Big Daddy where it started with a live version and morphed into a version with Finck and the new members.  Sheryl Crow cover also in the movie.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 03:31:51 PM »

Thanks!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 03:50:07 PM »

Guns N' Roses' Sweet Child O' Mine Tops Rock Charts After Thor Trailer
The '80s classic surges to No. 1 on Hot Hard Rock Songs.
by Kevin Rutherford

Guns N’ Roses‘ “Sweet Child O’ Mine” rules Billboard‘s Hot Hard Rock Songs chart for the first time following its inclusion in the new trailer for the upcoming movie Thor: Love and Thunder.

“Child” debuts at No. 1 on the April 30-dated ranking and re-enters the Hot Rock & Alternative Songs chart at No. 9. (Older songs are eligible to appear on Billboard‘s multi-metric charts if in the top half and with a meaningful reason for their revivals.)

In the April 15-21 tracking week, “Child” earned 4.7 million official U.S. streams, an 8% boost, and sold 1,600 downloads, up 181%, according to Luminate, formerly MRC Data. A staple of classic hits and rock radio, it also drew 1.2 million in audience on stations that report to Billboard‘s Radio Songs chart.

The track’s Hot Hard Rock Songs coronation gives Guns N’ Roses its first ruler on the ranking, which began in 2020. The band boasts two previous top fives, paced by the No. 2-peaking “Hard Skool” in October 2021, after “Absurd” hit No. 5 in August.

“Child” concurrently lifts 2-1 on Hard Rock Streaming Songs for its 24th week atop the survey since its 2020 premiere and jumps 16-3 on Hard Rock Digital Song Sales.

Released in 1987 on Guns N’ Roses’ debut album Appetite for Destruction, “Child” topped the Billboard Hot 100 for two weeks in September 1988, becoming the band’s first of six top 10s.

The Thor trailer premiered April 18. The film, starring Chris Hemsworth as its namesake superhero, is due in theaters July 8.

Source(s): https://www.billboard.com/

/jarmo

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 10:53:45 AM »

I'd be curious to know if other GNR tracks saw a bump.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2022, 12:38:00 PM »

I'd be curious to know if other GNR tracks saw a bump.

Looks like Greatest Hits gained a few positions (#32 -> #26) on the Catalog Albums chart. Also gained on the Top Album Sales chart (#79 -> #71).

Guns N' Roses re-entered the Artist 100 chart at #83.

Welcome To The Jungle re-entered the Hard Rock Digital Song Sales chart at #18. It stayed at #19 on the Hard Rock Streaming Songs chart while Paradise City gained a position.

/jarmo

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2022, 03:47:27 PM »

can anyone tell me if that opening part like the first 15 seconds of the trailer before it kicks into Sweet Child if that is something GNR did or something marvel or whatever music director added into it? Cuz the first time i watched the trailer that first 10 seconds was like that guitar lick sounds like they are doing sweet child then it kicks into the actual song.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2022, 01:43:05 PM »

The track list for the Thor Love and Thunder soundtrack has been released.  I think somebody is a big G n' r fan  Cheesy.

I can't wait to see this movie, Taika Waititi did an awesome job with the last movie.

https://meaww.com/mcu-thor-love-and-thunder-marvel-studios

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2022, 11:12:59 PM »

Guns N’ Roses Classics Hit Rock Charts Thanks to ‘Thor’ Syncs
"Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle" rank at Nos. 2 and 3 on Hot Hard Rock Songs.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/guns-n-roses-classics-rock-charts-thor-syncs/

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 05:08:24 AM »

It's got GNR in the whole movie. And now, my own children are even more fans than they already were.

The mix of Thor and the band's music was great. I greatly enjoyed it.  hihi hihi beer

Nothing to say
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: