Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:18:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl joins Carrie Underwood for performance of SCOM at Stagecoach!!
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl joins Carrie Underwood for performance of SCOM at Stagecoach!!  (Read 5080 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« on: May 01, 2022, 03:17:57 AM »

https://twitter.com/agr_drltc/status/1520652436540583936/video/1
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 03:25:25 AM by The_General » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 04:56:52 AM »

And Paradise City as well. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 12:03:09 PM »

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdBLvHUrE7M/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 12:29:21 PM »

Heard a clip of PC. Sounded solid. Axl looks and sounds good. Here's to a successful year of touring.

Ali
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 12:32:00 PM »

All the moaning and groaning for years and years people wishing to see Axl do stuff like this … very cool to see.  beer

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 01:33:39 PM »

For years I’ve been annoyed with Axl’s refrain over the intro for one reason only: it fucks up the timing of the whistle. In the studio recording and performances through the Illusions era, the whistle was on the 4, ending the intro and launching into the ferocious main riff. The shrill whistle is so unsettling and badass and really makes the song for me. Now the whistle comes on the 2 in the next measure which is just laaaame. I was hoping that Axl performing in a guest capacity might cause the performance to return to the timing of the original recording, but instead they both have whistles - and she has to stand there and wait for him to blow on 1.5. Similarly, Axl gets competitive when dueting (notice that he purposely holds his note longer than Elton John and Pink), and I was hoping he’d sustain the “whoaaaa” straight into “sweet child o’ mine” to match Carrie, but nope.

This is critical and nitpicky, but I love the guy and these incredible songs. It’s great that he’s out there and performing. I don’t expect anything different than I’ve seen for years when playing with Guns, but thought this guest spot might shake things up.

Edit: her guitarist shreds.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 01:35:57 PM by MHC » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 01:38:18 PM »

For years I’ve been annoyed with Axl’s refrain over the intro for one reason only: it fucks up the timing of the whistle. In the studio recording and performances through the Illusions era, the whistle was on the 4, ending the intro and launching into the ferocious main riff. The shrill whistle is so unsettling and badass and really makes the song for me. Now the whistle comes on the 2 in the next measure which is just laaaame. I was hoping that Axl performing in a guest capacity might cause the performance to return to the timing of the original recording, but instead they both have whistles - and she has to stand there and wait for him to blow on 1.5. Similarly, Axl gets competitive when dueting (notice that he purposely holds his note longer than Elton John and Pink), and I was hoping he’d sustain the “whoaaaa” straight into “sweet child o’ mine” to match Carrie, but nope.

This is critical and nitpicky, but I love the guy and these incredible songs. It’s great that he’s out there and performing. I don’t expect anything different than I’ve seen for years when playing with Guns, but thought this guest spot might shake things up.

He hasn't done what you mentioned with Sweet Child in many years. Not exactly a recent development.

Ali
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 04:17:24 PM »

Jesus Christ, you must be fun at parties.

Sounds great, looks great. Love it.
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 07:25:59 PM »

He hasn't done what you mentioned with Sweet Child in many years. Not exactly a recent development.

Correct. Being a solo guest is the recent development. I just wondered if that development would cause a change.

Jesus Christ, you must be fun at parties.

Somehow, my entire identity isn’t represented by my comment on Axl’s performance.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2022, 08:35:50 PM »

That was fun.   Cheesy

Looks like new boots to me.   Wink

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2022, 11:34:58 PM »

Awesome…looks like he had a great time
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 12:08:29 AM »

Carrie was showing off that GNR shirt and showing off those legs!  It all sounded great.   Cool
shaundix
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 05:10:36 AM »

Looks like Axl’s had his hair transplant topped up
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 08:24:27 AM »

Carrie's intro is just awesome.  "Welcome to the best night of my life!".  Wish I could find a clip of her outtro/goodbye as Axl walks off stage.

I know Carrie is a huge GnR fan.  She's talked about it a bunch of times in interviews.  She considers Axl one of her heroes.  So seeing them on stage together was really cool.  I thought she let him run wild on SCOM, and then joined in a bit more for PC.

The youtube clips sound great.  Axl looks great.  Love it! Wish we had a proshot (as always, right?)!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ali
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2022, 02:24:27 PM »

Looks like Axl’s had his hair transplant topped up
Thank you for this valuable insight.

OK, see you.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2022, 03:52:13 PM »

All the moaning and groaning for years and years people wishing to see Axl do stuff like this … very cool to see.  beer

Oh, big time.

Guy was a total industry pariah for over 20 years.  Overwhelmingly his own doing, of course, but it was a bummer to see as a fan of his.

What I hope the past few years have shown him is how much younger artists dug him growing up.  Great to see.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2022, 07:52:34 PM »

Carrie was showing off that GNR shirt and showing off those legs!  It all sounded great.   Cool

I worry about her.  She has lost a lot of weight.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2022, 08:30:17 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqnxyQG5L08

Carrie is awesome. Sexy legs, great voice, she's got the moves. I bet she's done that snake dance a million times in front of the mirror...

She was really into it.

Nice embrace at the end.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2022, 09:27:53 AM »

Axl’s still got game…still a playa!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2022, 03:29:37 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqnxyQG5L08

Carrie is awesome. Sexy legs, great voice, she's got the moves. I bet she's done that snake dance a million times in front of the mirror...

She was really into it.

Nice embrace at the end.

12:45  "Do not leave that stage, Carrie!"   Cheesy
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2022, 08:40:02 PM »

Ali

Yeah, but those are full shows. For a 2 song guest appearance I'm sure he could pull it off if he wanted to.

That said, overall he sounded good and looked good, too.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2022, 06:28:59 AM »

That was great. Not only the performance. But the fact that it wasn't a hard rock / metal crowd or festival.

Making more people aware of what a great singer and performer he is, that's awesome. Smiley

/jarmo

gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2022, 08:53:30 AM »

That was great. Not only the performance. But the fact that it wasn't a hard rock / metal crowd or festival.

Making more people aware of what a great singer and performer he is, that's awesome. Smiley

/jarmo

Agreed! One of the cool things I’ve always liked about Axl is how unpredictable he can be. I can point out many examples. Looney Tunes cartoon, Video Game GTA Radio Host, fronting AC/DC after reuniting with Slash and Duff. Hopefully this performance will continue to get people talking and this leads into yet another successful tour!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2022, 10:54:04 AM »

Not that what I'm about to say is anything shocking to anyone who's read any of my posts in the last few years... But the thing that seems to surprise some, still, is the simple fact that Axl (and GN'R), do things that they want to.

All the things you listed, were probably all down to just wanting to do them. Some were probably more serious than other things. Fronting AC/DC is a serious undertaking,

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2022, 11:20:42 AM »

https://youtu.be/oz9BIU_urjs

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2022, 11:38:34 AM »

Not that what I'm about to say is anything shocking to anyone who's read any of my posts in the last few years... But the thing that seems to surprise some, still, is the simple fact that Axl (and GN'R), do things that they want to.

All the things you listed, were probably all down to just wanting to do them. Some were probably more serious than other things. Fronting AC/DC is a serious undertaking,

/jarmo

I'm sure Axl gets asked to do this stuff all the time. My guess is what helped here is Carrie seems like a genuine GnR fan. You could tell she was really into it and not just going through the motions. It was a cool moment, for sure.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2022, 12:40:18 PM »

GNR going Country Confirmed lol  hihi
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2022, 01:53:49 PM »

GNR going Country Confirmed lol  hihi

Easy...more like country going rock!  hihi
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2022, 04:45:25 PM »

Here's a clip from 2019 where Carrie talks about her GNR concert experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJqvmv_7PA

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2022, 08:06:23 PM »

What was going on there at the very end of Sweet Child? Axl vocalizes something and seems to get caught off guard by the song ending. Just seems like a "yeah" as far as I can decipher?

I gotta give her guitarist credit, he learned the entire outro solo to Paradise City!  Shocked

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: