Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London, England, july 2nd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London, England, july 2nd  (Read 9234 times)
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2022, 06:05:28 PM »

Spirit...so go on earlier if there's a curfew, go on earlier. The intro tape lasted 10mins. Instagram posts from band members say they were ready well before. Reduce unnecessary solo spots/guitar solos. Reduce song lengths....Both RQ and KOHD were 10 mins long a piece , there's 20 mins on 2 songs. plus the solo spots it easily drained 20-30 mins of other songs...its really no excuse. Make up for it don't you...or others do. I think it was tactical. Just not sure why.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2022, 06:10:18 PM »

Boromir.....your missing the point. Of course they can't do two shows in a row. So why do it? Turn it down, don't say it's demand. Don't think about the dollar if you know you can't do it. Think about the fans. I was there last night. Atrocious delays to start with, 1 support cancelled and major, major and I mean major sound issues throughout, plus a short set because they couldn't be arsed. Also,  No explanation. Now tonight also. So Two nights now both sets of london fans have been royally stiffed on the shows with absolute diabolical and farcical performances and awful sound, delays etc. Both sets of fans need fully compensating. Yes it's strong and I'm sure jarmo and the die hards will disagree and say they are the best shows they have ever seen, but I'm afraid these last two nights have mainly been a failure, a rip off for the price and it needs looking at.

Axl said he went to see a doctor yesterday and then slept at the venue to be able to prepare for tonight's show. Instead of going back and forth to the hotel.

If you interpret that as everything being normal circumstances and proof of them not caring, then that's on you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2022, 06:13:47 PM »

That’s dedication.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2022, 06:17:41 PM »

Since the core members got back together they have been nothing but professional and played long shows and have shown up without cancellations.  You can complain it was the show you wanted, but there are no guarantees on the sound or how people feel.  Axl might not sound perfect every night, but with the different ranges he has to hit through the shows I would say what he does is amazing.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2022, 06:19:18 PM »

Spirit...so go on earlier if there's a curfew, go on earlier. The intro tape lasted 10mins. Instagram posts from band members say they were ready well before. Reduce unnecessary solo spots/guitar solos. Reduce song lengths....Both RQ and KOHD were 10 mins long a piece , there's 20 mins on 2 songs. plus the solo spots it easily drained 20-30 mins of other songs...its really no excuse. Make up for it don't you...or others do. I think it was tactical. Just not sure why.

I understood there were delays yesterday due technical difficulties? I have a hard time believing GN'R or Axl are being "divas" or whatever, going on late these days. Track record ever since the reunion 6 years ago says they're always going on close to the time stamped on the ticket.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2022, 06:23:20 PM »

My point is more than that jarmo and you know it. They probably know they can't do two nights, so why do it. And dnt say it's for the fans please. Its dollar. i absolutely dnt blame the band for everything in these two absolute shit shows. Not at all. There was problems at every stage. But why penalise all the fans that some will have sacrificed days, weeks, months wages to experience delays, missing supports, awful awful technical issues, faulty voices and shortened setlists. Why should one venue get 29  songs and another 19....and still pay over 100 quid for the privilege of all that shit.? Do tell me..
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2022, 06:24:48 PM »

For what it's worth last night we were about 8 rows back in the pitch standing section and the sound was excellent (perhaps Richards guitar could have been slightly more prominent on one or two songs but that would be nit-picking).
Axl was crystal clear and sounding great. Particularly on WTTJ, LALD, Civil War, Nightrain and Patience.

Shows that were you are in the arena can affect it - as there was nothing wrong sound-wise during Estranged that we could hear.

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2022, 06:39:30 PM »

For what it's worth last night we were about 8 rows back in the pitch standing section and the sound was excellent (perhaps Richards guitar could have been slightly more prominent on one or two songs but that would be nit-picking).
Axl was crystal clear and sounding great. Particularly on WTTJ, LALD, Civil War, Nightrain and Patience.

Shows that were you are in the arena can affect it - as there was nothing wrong sound-wise during Estranged that we could hear.
Yeah, I just watched a bunch of videos from yesterday, and he sounded fine.

If Axl had to go see a doctor, there's nothing diva about that. He's either ill or injured. I hope that he gets well soon, and even though I am not there, I appreciate his efforts to keep going.

Ali
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2022, 07:20:21 PM »

Apparantly Axl is having problems with his voice...

He's "saving it"

hihi
Ali
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2022, 07:23:32 PM »

He's "saving it"

hihi
He is ill, and he still went out there.  Roll Eyes

Ali
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2022, 09:00:58 PM »

Respect for giving it 120% while being sick and on the spotlight knowing whats gonna happen is in youtube tomorrow.
Most of us call in sick when we have a sore throat.
And our job is not singing hardass songs in sold out stadiums.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2022, 09:11:55 PM »

Boromir.....your missing the point. Of course they can't do two shows in a row. So why do it? Turn it down, don't say it's demand. Don't think about the dollar if you know you can't do it. Think about the fans. I was there last night. Atrocious delays to start with, 1 support cancelled and major, major and I mean major sound issues throughout, plus a short set because they couldn't be arsed. Also,  No explanation. Now tonight also. So Two nights now both sets of london fans have been royally stiffed on the shows with absolute diabolical and farcical performances and awful sound, delays etc. Both sets of fans need fully compensating. Yes it's strong and I'm sure jarmo and the die hards will disagree and say they are the best shows they have ever seen, but I'm afraid these last two nights have mainly been a failure, a rip off for the price and it needs looking at.

Axl said he went to see a doctor yesterday and then slept at the venue to be able to prepare for tonight's show. Instead of going back and forth to the hotel.

If you interpret that as everything being normal circumstances and proof of them not caring, then that's on you.

/jarmo

I thought he was joking.  So do they have accommodations for that or was he sleeping in the first aide station?  That's has to be weird in a big place like that after everybody has left.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2022, 09:14:17 PM »

I'm out of here before that last streamer comes back.  Axl made comment on spending the night there last night.   hihi  I don't think that report is anything but bullshit.

Yeah, I'm getting sleepy too! Well, it was fun - we'll see what the show was like on youtube tomorrow - if we're lucky!

Apparently that wasn't bullshit about him sleeping there.  And it looks like I didn't miss anything by cutting out.  Europe just isn't good for streams imo.  I did get the fence line done so I can kick back for our holiday weekend.

dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2022, 01:14:52 AM »

I'm out of here before that last streamer comes back.  Axl made comment on spending the night there last night.   hihi  I don't think that report is anything but bullshit.

Yeah, I'm getting sleepy too! Well, it was fun - we'll see what the show was like on youtube tomorrow - if we're lucky!

Apparently that wasn't bullshit about him sleeping there.  And it looks like I didn't miss anything by cutting out.  Europe just isn't good for streams imo.  I did get the fence line done so I can kick back for our holiday weekend.
Yeah. I feel that. It does suck that some shows are way longer than others but, what can you do? No one can predict Illness or shitty venue technical difficulty. I went to the Columbus, Ohio show on the last US run and Slash's guitar was inaudible the entire show. I was pissed but got over it rant
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2022, 01:19:23 AM »

I'm out of here before that last streamer comes back.  Axl made comment on spending the night there last night.   hihi  I don't think that report is anything but bullshit.

Apparently that wasn't bullshit about him sleeping there.  And it looks like I didn't miss anything by cutting out.  Europe just isn't good for streams imo.  I did get the fence line done so I can kick back for our holiday weekend.
Yeah. I feel that. It does suck that some shows are way longer than others but, what can you do? No one can predict Illness or shitty venue technical difficulty. I went to the Columbus, Ohio show on the last US run and Slash's guitar was inaudible the entire show. I was pissed but got over it rant
And yes I was in the pit and spent over 500 Us dollars for 2 tickets.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2022, 07:32:55 AM »

I saw Nightrain and Paradise City on youtube. It was pretty good. For sure not a fiasco.
Nightrain sounded different but still very correct and not bad at all.
Carrie did a fine job helping the band. Similiar situation to London 2006 where Axl got sick and Sebastian Bach sang the last couple songs.

I mean they still delivered while being sick. Not easy.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2022, 08:10:36 AM »

I think sometimes people forget that we are dealing with actual biological human beings here…. I really enjoyed last nights show, I think Axl’s lower register is much more rich and interesting - it was nice to have a good example of it - was something different and still impressive in a different way.

Lots of other acts wouldn’t have the talent or versatility to pivot in this way  Cool
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2022, 10:55:58 AM »

He's "saving it"

hihi
He is ill, and he still went out there.  Roll Eyes

Ali

If they pay me milions, you know.. And if people don't even care about my poor performances, well... even on a weelchair, 42 of fever and raging diarrhea rofl rofl
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 10:57:52 AM by ITARocker » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2022, 11:48:00 AM »

I'm out of here before that last streamer comes back.  Axl made comment on spending the night there last night.   hihi  I don't think that report is anything but bullshit.

Apparently that wasn't bullshit about him sleeping there.  And it looks like I didn't miss anything by cutting out.  Europe just isn't good for streams imo.  I did get the fence line done so I can kick back for our holiday weekend.

It's a live show, different beast than a studio recording.  I'm not expecting a Broadway show.  Shit happens, they fix it when they can.  I'm not expecting perfection.  Axl's one of the best front men I've ever seen.  Any concerts after him, I'm always comparing the next guy to.  Axl always wins by a long shoot.  Cheesy  You just wish it was him up there.  I think all the GNR shows are good live shows.

I've been to Dead concerts where Jerry forgot the words.  Where their few minute break turned into an hour or more.  Where it just wasn't their night.   hihi  And oh god, the band likes Space and Drums!  At least Absurd is a short song.   hihi hihi

Ali
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2022, 12:38:36 PM »

He's "saving it"

hihi
He is ill, and he still went out there.  Roll Eyes

Ali

If they pay me milions, you know.. And if people don't even care about my poor performances, well... even on a weelchair, 42 of fever and raging diarrhea rofl rofl
That made...no sense at all.

Ali
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: