Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:53:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Christmas shopping
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas shopping  (Read 4467 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2022, 02:31:35 PM »

I'm done.  Geez, they throw the Christmas sale stuff in piles that people are pawing over while the sales clerks are trying to stock the shelves with Valentine's Day stuff.  And after seeing that, the magic of Christmas just kind of leaves you.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 08:33:47 PM »

I am so close to done Christmas shopping.  Cheesy

Your longest last relationship in your lifetime is your sibling relationship.  You start out with them and if things go right, end your life around the same time as them.  They were there during your formative years.  They may not live with you in adulthood but they keep up with you and know you probably better than you know yourself.  This gift is one of those.  My sister loved Barbara Streisand in her teen years.  She was at the height of her career during that time, made her money and dropped out.  She has a book out about her life.  We're getting my sister that for Christmas.  I'm betting it's a hit and a big surprise.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2023, 04:32:26 PM »

Never go into Kohl's without a coupon.   hihi  Even on Black Friday.  Make me stand in line and I'm going to talk to people.  The fact that there was 15% off coupon online went all the way up and down the line waiting to check out.  Yeah I started that and we helped each other find it.   hihi 

I got some pretty good sales out there.  Lines weren't really that bad but I didn't start till 11 and only went to two stores.  I'm pretty much done shopping.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2023, 11:40:04 PM »

I'm down to Sees candy and Christmas coins.  And two birthdays in December, already have the other one covered.  Because of the cats I can't start wrapping until later.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2023, 05:36:13 PM »

Best Holiday Commercial.  John Travolta strutting to Night Fever.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D_WXrjU7dA   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2023, 07:31:08 PM »

I got the follow up treatment for the precancerous spot on my nose.  She froze it.  Said it would be red and swollen for a week.  Great, I'm going to look like Rudolph.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2023, 10:45:09 PM »

Amazon missed their delivery date, first time this holiday.  No wonder too, they shipped it through USPS.  I want Amazon delivering my shit not the alt carriers.  They are always late and I don't get a message they have come.  I had hung a bag of Christmas Candy with a card on my door for the Amazon driver.  I want that to go to an Amazon worker and I don't have that much coming in any more.  I guess I can watch for the driver going to my neighbors.

I know, shut up, it's not even December.  I'm golden on Christmas shopping and I do not look like Rudolph.   hihi

Did I mention I got home with a PJ set for the baby, black Santa and milk and cookies for the pattern?   hihi  Didn't notice until I pulled it out of the bag.  Doesn't matter to me what color santa is, I was just expecting something else.  My daughter thought it was hysterical I was a little taken back at first.  Well, kid, it is the world you have entered.  Wasn't a transgender Santa.  Then again, would I really be able to see that?  Could be a transgender Santa.   hihi
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 10:48:57 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2023, 05:55:25 PM »

I'm done!   Cheesy 

cineater
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2023, 03:53:45 PM »

I figured out the dilemma of Christmas candy for the delivery driver.  Just make up more bags of candy, duh.  So far I've been home for the Amazon and UPS drivers and was able to hand them their bags.  Both of them got the biggest smiles on their faces and so did I.  This is fun and everybody deserves some candy who's out there supplying Santa.  I leave one hanging on my door in case I miss somebody.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2023, 01:12:21 AM »

I've started wrapping.  I was going to do some fancy bows but I'm out of zip ties and I bought too much fucking shit.   hihi  They are all getting your standard Tiffany bow.  I'm not really liking my wrapping this year.  I have too much mix and not enough match.  I'm clearing out the leftovers from all the years past.

I said I was only doing 3 gifts for my grandson and then cash for his college fund.  I'm up to 8 and a couple of those boxes are packed with clothes.  Not to mention all the Christmas clothes I already gave him.  I ordered so much I have stuff for Valentines Day and Easter.   hihi  There's just too much cute stuff out there.  And I'm having a great time.

I have one more shopping trip.  I take my grandkids to buy Christmas and birthday gifts for their mom.  I have to wrap those too.   hihi

I've got a couple of weeks to get this all done.  The cats are enjoying the ribbons all over the couch.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2023, 03:01:21 PM »

I'm wrapped on the bulk of it along with the birthday presents.  My Santa shop isn't very well organized.  Bags, paper and boxes all over the place.  The cats made sure the ribbons were everywhere.  I've lost the tape, the scissors, the pen and my purse numerous times!   hihi  Heading out in a bit to buy the last person's gifts and then it's time to close up shop.

I panicked yesterday when I was reviewing the amaron orders.  I was missing several.  Searched the house, several spots twice and they were nowhere yet I knew they had been delivered.  Too big to have thrown out.  About an hour later I remembered those were gifts I ordered for mom and I had taken them to her.   hihi  Aw, the gift of Christmas, make yourself a little crazy.  I'm good at that.   Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2023, 12:32:33 AM »

That's cheating.   hihi  She wanted those big storage tubs.  I threw a red, plastic table cloth over them and put a big Christmas decoration on top of it.

Hey Keanu Reeves is in a band.  On the Tonight Show.  High on something.  I swear that guy never ages.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2023, 02:38:17 PM »

What the hell.  They are my grandkids.  I ran and got the boy something he mentioned and the girl saw something at Kohl's I'll grab later.  Always room for another Christmas gift even if you close up shop.  I'm putting these in bags though.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2023, 01:16:51 AM »

Saw the zoo Christmas display.  Nice to walk among the Christmas lights and drink hot chocolate.  Geez I didn't realize my vision was so bad.  Will have to do that again next year.

Stopped by mom's and put together the hot chocolate cups.  Paper snowman cups because nobody needs another cup to keep.  Stainless steel reindeer spoons they can keep because I know they don't have one of those.  Two packets of hot chocolate because one is just sweetwater.  A marshmallow that is in the shape of a snowman head.  And a Christmas coaster because I forgot to give them for Thanksgiving for their cars.  That's the party favor.  We tore apart all the scratchers for the family game because they love that.  Made some cookies because we always have way too much to eat.  Ready to have Christmas at mom's.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2023, 10:40:49 PM »

That was the last gift of Christmas.  I got the kids a gun safe.  We went looking for a shower door but couldn't find the right size since they decided not to renovate the shower.  I'm happier with this.  I've been meaning to get them one since the baby came along.  Let them pick it out, don't have to wrap it, just wished them luck getting that off the truck and into the house.  hihi  A little peace of mind for all the adults in the family, great Christmas present.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2023, 01:21:41 PM »

I am running Santa's sleigh.  Cheesy  Took another load of gifts out to the car.  I already took a load to mom's and two loads over to my daughters.  I have one pile waiting till after Christmas to take out.  This is fun, I love a big Christmas.  First party is this afternoon, one tomorrow and one on Monday.  The last next Saturday.

Not one single store bought bow on my packages, all ribbons.  They look great!  Got all the ingredients, I start cooking tonight.  Maybe Sondra and I will walk the neighborhood tonight and check out the Christmas lights.  Love this time of year.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2023, 11:25:06 PM »

Score!  My granddaughter was thrilled with all her gifts.  Really surprised her with the yoga pants.  My grandson was just as happy with his colored pencils and how to draw comics books.  Even my DIL was excited about her storage containers.  They gave my SIL one of those flying orb balls.  Those are really cool and a little bit dangerous.  hihi  Top it off with pizza and it was a party.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2023, 11:00:23 AM »

Science has determined the sex of Santa's reindeer, females and castrated males.   Roll Eyes  Explain that one to the kiddies.   hihi  Too much science.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2023, 02:38:58 PM »

Oh you are so busted City of OFallon.   hihi  Coming home on Christmas Day I'm behind one of the city's recycling trucks.  It turns in to pick up a load.  Oh yeah, I sent an email when I got home wanting to know what the recycling emergency was.  

I assume I'm not the only city resident doing this.  I started this after one Christmas when instead of Santa coming down the street it was the trash truck.  Apparently, many of us complained about making people work on Christmas.  They announced this year trash service would not be interrupted.  I sent a complaint email and was told they don't work on Mondays.  But in the next city email they made a point to say no interruption because they didn't work on Mondays.  Guess mine wasn't the only email from the first announcement.

I hope my complaints work for those people who wanted the day off.  But the guy who was making double time and had nowhere to go for Christmas probably doesn't appreciate it.  I did compliment the city on the decorations this year and the fine job they were doing.  It is Christmas after all.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 02:59:38 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2023, 03:38:59 PM »

My owl!

And because we both need it.

Willow's owl.

The Feng Shui Owl symbol is a source of good luck, wisdom, knowledge and protective energies. The ancient Chinese philosophy also regards the Owl as a powerful totem to attract prosperity and abundance.
Turquoise, the captivating sea-green stone of the ancients, represents wisdom, tranquility, protection, good fortune, and hope.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: