Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:58:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 3, 2022 Melbourne
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 3, 2022 Melbourne  (Read 1798 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: November 30, 2022, 11:45:55 PM »

Show time 7:30

I'm a few days early on this one.  Never heard of a stadium called Cricket Ground.  I was thinking the sport but if you go to their site, they acknowledge the tribal heritage of the land.  Maybe it's a tribal name.  I say tribal heritage but I'm singing "lets give it back".  I seem to remember GNR had a tribal drum band perform before one of their shows back in the days of new GNR.  Was it at this place?

Wikipedia knows it all.  It is for the sport.  Actually land granted for the sport only but later changed to accommodate other activities for increased income.  The tribal name for the land is forgotten.  Famous place in the world of cricket dating back to the 1800's.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 12:04:46 AM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 08:37:21 PM »

hihi  As fate would have it, I had lunch today with a lady from Australia.  Apparently Cricket Ground is a very common term else where in the world.  And then I learned England and Australia use two different dictionaries.  I figured they spoke the same English.  And then she told me how different the US dictionary was.  Poor woman, one language and 3 different dictionaries.  She referred to dating sites as Cupid Sites, she's a mail order bride or I guess it's internet bride now.  Cupid site is kind of cute but that's not how I feel about those.   hihi

Oztiger
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 01:43:25 PM »

G’day Cineater, born n bred Melbourne man here. The stadium is the Melbourne Cricket Ground aka the MCG, but for us Aussies that’s too much, we just call it The ‘G. 100,000 people coliseum, awesome stadium, walking distance to centre of town. Just over 13 hours to go until show time, weather is a perfect sunny day of 29°C. Internet connection is terrible at the G cos just how huge it is, but will try to FB Live feed on some fave songs. Any questions, feel free to ask. ROCK ON 🤘
Found this-https://mcc.org.au/newsletters/march-2017-edition/guns-n-roses. Over 73,000 fans in 2017, today will be the same.
Modify again. Enjoy this link of highlights of my Richmond Tigers winning the 2017 AFL Grand Final after 37 years since last GF win. The G erupts as Dusty puts on a show in front of over 100,000 fans.
https://youtu.be/GQI2gXztEaE
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 02:20:03 PM by Oztiger » Logged
Oztiger
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 03:21:00 PM »

There’s a Melbourne poster for tonight’s show on 4tus instagram. I’ve got a screenshot but can’t upload. Any help?  Anyways it’s really bad, no Dizzy or Frank, the stadium isn’t even the MCG and Slash is wearing some cowboy hat or whatever. Get it right people, Slash wears a top hat. Worst tour poster ever 👎.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 04:23:23 PM »

There’s a Melbourne poster for tonight’s show on 4tus instagram. I’ve got a screenshot but can’t upload. Any help?  Anyways it’s really bad, no Dizzy or Frank, the stadium isn’t even the MCG and Slash is wearing some cowboy hat or whatever. Get it right people, Slash wears a top hat. Worst tour poster ever 👎.

That’s not the official show litho. It hasn’t been posted yet to my knowledge.
Ducks
Headliner

Aussie Gunner

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 07:35:07 PM »

Psyched up for tonight, what an amazing day weather wise! Gonna be huge  smoking

7.6.2006 - London
11.6.2006 - Donington
27.8.2010 - Reading
31.5.2012 - London
17.3.2013 - Melbourne
10.2.2017 - Sydney
14.2.2017 - MCG, Melbourne
3.12.2022 - MCG, Melbourne
17.9.2023 - Atlant
Oztiger
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 08:23:07 PM »

Official Melbourne poster is up. The other one was not legit. Getting excited. Have a great night everyone.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 10:15:28 PM »

cineater
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2022, 10:27:34 PM »

G’day Cineater, born n bred Melbourne man here. The stadium is the Melbourne Cricket Ground aka the MCG, but for us Aussies that’s too much, we just call it The ‘G. 100,000 people coliseum, awesome stadium, walking distance to centre of town. Just over 13 hours to go until show time, weather is a perfect sunny day of 29°C. Internet connection is terrible at the G cos just how huge it is, but will try to FB Live feed on some fave songs. Any questions, feel free to ask. ROCK ON 🤘
Found this-https://mcc.org.au/newsletters/march-2017-edition/guns-n-roses. Over 73,000 fans in 2017, today will be the same.
Modify again. Enjoy this link of highlights of my Richmond Tigers winning the 2017 AFL Grand Final after 37 years since last GF win. The G erupts as Dusty puts on a show in front of over 100,000 fans.

That's cricket?  I thought they used a bat and ball.  That was great watching, looks like a fun game.

Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2022, 08:54:40 AM »

It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Welcome to the Jungle, Better, Reckless Life, Double Talkin' Jive, Live and Let Die, Shadow of Your Love, Estranged, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, I Wanna Be Your Dog, Absurd, Hard Skool, Civil War, Sorry, Slash Guitar Solo, Sweet Child o' Mine, November Rain, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

ENCORE:

Whole Lotta Rosie, Patience, Don't Cry, Paradise City

Axl stopped the show during YCBM because of an annoying spotlight!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 09:28:27 AM »

It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Welcome to the Jungle, Better, Reckless Life, Double Talkin' Jive, Live and Let Die, Shadow of Your Love, Estranged, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, I Wanna Be Your Dog, Absurd, Hard Skool, Civil War, Sorry, Slash Guitar Solo, Sweet Child o' Mine, November Rain, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

ENCORE:

Whole Lotta Rosie, Patience, Don't Cry, Paradise City

Axl stopped the show during YCBM because of an annoying spotlight!

Got his feathers ruffled with that microphone incident.  No way not to take that personally.  He's angry with himself.  Can't fix an accident, it happen, corrective action taken.  She's fine, looks worse then what it is.  Man, she did not see that coming.

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2022, 10:19:28 AM »

That's cricket?  I thought they used a bat and ball.  That was great watching, looks like a fun game.

That's Australian football.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2022, 06:29:51 PM »

That's Australian football.

I thought that was pretty cool.  Actually ended up watching the whole 8 minute clip.

Oztiger
Opening Act

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 03:11:39 AM »

Yes Aussie Rules Football. I posted the venue GNR were playing last Saturday, the MCG. Great show, maybe 60,000-70,000 screaming people. Weather, audio and night was excellent. ROCK ON.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: