Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl will no longer be throwing the mic to the crowd
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl will no longer be throwing the mic to the crowd  (Read 1405 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« on: December 04, 2022, 09:20:15 AM »

So apparently a girl in the stands got hit by the mic in Adelaide. Axl has announced an end to that tradition.

To me it was always like catching a ball at a baseball game. You should be paying attention, but maybe she didn't know.

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/music/axl-rose-ending-30-year-microphone-throwing-stage-stunt
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 11:10:08 AM »

So apparently a girl in the stands got hit by the mic in Adelaide. Axl has announced an end to that tradition.

To me it was always like catching a ball at a baseball game. You should be paying attention, but maybe she didn't know.

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/music/axl-rose-ending-30-year-microphone-throwing-stage-stunt

Many people had that mic right into their face (ex: some years ago here in italy an italian guy got his nose broken, but he was happy casue at least he caught the mic  Grin). This time someone asked for money...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 01:31:17 PM »

Richard tried to throw us stuff at the Milwaukie show but the tall guy by us kept grabbing it out of the air.  I was okay with that because I knew I would fumble it.   hihi  The guy did give my daughter one of the things he caught and that was cool.  Thanks Richard, she wore it the whole way home.  And I didn't embarrass myself in front of Richard by not making the catch.  Win all the way around.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 02:40:13 PM »

I am glad I got the mic in San Jose….one of my most treasured possessions
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 12:28:00 AM »

Many people had that mic right into their face (ex: some years ago here in italy an italian guy got his nose broken, but he was happy casue at least he caught the mic  Grin). This time someone asked for money...

If a millionaire caused me to pay a medical bill, it's not "asking for money".

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 02:21:01 AM »

If a millionaire caused me to pay a medical bill, it's not "asking for money".

I believe everybody goes down in this one.  The venue, the band and the (alleged) millionaire.  It's a well known fact Axl throws the mic.  They're all in trouble.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 02:57:25 AM »

Axl used to dive in the crowd back in the days but stopped doing it after a fan got injured. If I remember correctly it was a shoulder injury or something similar. I get that safety should be a priority but it's rock n' roll for Christ sake. He's throwing the mic for more than 30 years and that's part of the show. How come you won't see it coming, especially when you are front stage? I can't understand it really.

"...It don't really matter..."
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 06:56:55 AM »

After about 1000 shows. Its bound to happen at some point that the mic hits someone clumsy or not paying attention.  Or someone disabled.

Im sure a guitar pic has hit someones eye one time somewhere.

Im not saying they should stop it. But after 30 years no wonder someone got hurt.

Maybe Axl will give it to someone in the front row instead of throw it far back inthe future.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 04:07:50 PM »

Sucks, because I always thought it was a cool thing. 

Imagine if you caught one.  You'd be in heaven, as a big fan.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 06:54:00 PM »

Axl used to dive in the crowd back in the days but stopped doing it after a fan got injured. If I remember correctly it was a shoulder injury or something similar. I get that safety should be a priority but it's rock n' roll for Christ sake. He's throwing the mic for more than 30 years and that's part of the show. How come you won't see it coming, especially when you are front stage? I can't understand it really.

... you know that first timers exist, right?

Maybe you don't see it because you were looking at Slash? Maybe you're drunk and slow to react? Any number of reasons. It doesn't seem like you're trying to understand it.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
wakeup
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 09:06:18 PM »

Would loved to have caught a mic after all the shows I have been to.  As one who always knew it was coming I am sure there are many who don’t.  That leaves them feeling like the band does when someone throws something at them on stage.  Different intent but when you don’t know something is coming I would hate to be hit with a mic. 
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2022, 12:18:37 PM »

Maybe you don't see it because you were looking at Slash? Maybe you're drunk and slow to react? Any number of reasons. It doesn't seem like you're trying to understand it.

Must have been a first timer...she was quoted as saying it was thrown during the song, 'Take me down to Paradise City'.

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2022, 05:04:26 AM »

Must have been a first timer...she was quoted as saying it was thrown during the song, 'Take me down to Paradise City'.

I am very well aware, of course. I don't point my finger to the "victim" here, sorry if I was misunderstood. It's just strange or at least to me as usually if you go to a rock concert there are mic throwing, stage diving and sometimes mosh pits which are pretty normal for such kind of event. What happens if you are a first timer front stage during a Rage Against The Machine show, Korn show, Gojira show or Slipknot show for example? I've been and it's fucked up mosh pit and if you don't like it you go backwards. At least you should be aware what's going on before the show and what kind of show you are about to attend. It may be just me of course, but I find it ridiculous to blame Axl for throwing the mic. Anyways, hope the person got injured get well soon.

"...It don't really matter..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: