Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:18:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  General Babble
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Babble  (Read 13045 times)
poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2023, 08:49:13 AM »

Cin - Please keep visiting the good doc., i've seen the same G.P. for 30 years & he knows me well. Most good ones (GP'S) can provide the correct guidance!
Poor

Poorlakers
cineater
Legend

« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2023, 04:38:26 PM »

Cin - Please keep visiting the good doc., i've seen the same G.P. for 30 years & he knows me well. Most good ones (GP'S) can provide the correct guidance!
Poor

I've had the same doc for many years.  I only go once a year for a physical.  I'm rarely sick and it's even more rare for me to call and say I think I need drugs.  He doesn't know me cause there's nothing to know.  hihi  That's a good thing.  I kind of don't like medical because they take away your sense of well being with all the preventive stuff and advice.  I do all the preventive stuff but you can't say a clean colonscopy today doesn't mean you won't develop problems before your next 10 year preventative exam.  It's kind of just a random chance of catching it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2023, 11:15:04 PM »

The last few years the neighborhood has been pretty quiet.  Friday morning around 7:30 I look out and the neighbor kid is sitting on his suitcase in the middle of the court.  Either he's leaving or he's getting kicked out.  Damn it, I need to load the car with plants out and go.  I want nothing to do with this one.   hihi

Last night I get a text from another neighbor.  Obviously drunk and in a fighting mood.  It's midnight and she wants to go over and scream at a neighbor for not feeding his dog.  She'd do it too.  Also want nothing to do with this one.  Tell her I have to go to bed and turn off all the lights in my house.  hihi

"When life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door."  The neighbors be crazy.  Hiding out in the house.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2023, 08:40:22 PM »

cineater
Legend

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2023, 08:44:21 PM »

Always cracks me up.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2023, 11:51:02 PM »

Damn it, my favorite bartender quit.  That was after she threw a bucket at Heather and hurt her.  And on the same night Greg got into it with Marcus over his drinking and fired him.  He was our cook at the bar.  And Tim reports he threw his adult son out and his wife moved back in.  Apparently the son is a dick towards the wife and drinks.  I had no idea so much drama was going on behind my back while I'm at the pinball machine.  All I got is some eggplant education signs for show and tell.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2023, 12:45:37 AM »

When you have that gift that will eat up a lot of your wrapping paper and is just a pain in the ass to wrap.  I pull out my white kitchen trash bags, double it up so they can't see through it, throw the gift in and tie it with a nice bow.  Voila!  And you can use the trash bags for clean up.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2023, 10:37:15 PM »

Totally freaked me out!  They have doctor fish at the aquarium.  You stick your hand in and they eat the dead skin off your hand.  It's like sticking your hand into a ball of worms!  Took me three tries and I still couldn't do it.   hihi  Finally had to turn my head and close my eyes to do it.  Really didn't feel anything but I couldn't look.  My friends said my hand was softer.  Maybe a little bit but why was I the only one to do it?   hihi  Left it in there a good long time too.  Working in the dirt your hands get real dry.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2023, 12:24:35 AM »

I think I like Mother's Day best for gift giving.  I get to give flowers and gifts.  Plus I get to plant the flowers.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2023, 08:07:38 PM »

Also my daughter's birthday today.  Had her over for breakfast, shhh, don't tell people I can cook.  Opened her gifts.  Her husband gave her a piece of styrofoam carved and painted to look like a cell phone.   hihi  With a note saying they would go pick it up at the store tomorrow.  I over do it on that kid.  Probably just as many gifts as at Christmas.  We went and painted pottery, mushrooms.  Sent her mom shirts from the dog, paw print, and from the baby, boy mamma with dinosaures on it.  They got me an outdoor rug for my patio.  Had a nice day with my little family.

Her dad called to wish me a happy mother's day followed by pissy because she is out of town next weekend when he was planning on coming up.  It's today, not next weekend, same day every year, but yeah not saying that, I have to go.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2023, 10:18:39 PM »

My daughter opens my frig.  "Mom you need to get some food."  No, what I've got is a family size frig for one person.   hihi

You eat different when it's just one person.  If I make something, I end up eating off it for a couple of days.  Mostly I graze, eat a little bit throughout the day.  Spoonful of peanut butter makes a nice snack.  Breakfast for dinner is always a good choice.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2023, 12:12:13 AM »

My grandson turned 6 months old today.  He's 90% on height and on the skinny side.  That's his daddy right there.  He's got the cutest little laugh, very alert, easy going little dude.  Likes Miss Rachael.  I like her friend Jewel and the train song.  God damn it on Icky, Sticky, Bubble Gum.  It's not a big purple dinosaur show but Miss Jewel is butch.  I'd bet money on it.   hihi  We like her a lot.  Catch them on youtube.

I see him about once a week to give his dad a break.  Last week he reached out to me for the first time when I showed up.  He talks to me all the time.  More of a scream but this kid has something to say.  He likes to look out the window with me and watch the trees.  Something new he likes to just watch and study it.  That's his mom right there.  A little cautious.

They're putting him in a helmet for 6 weeks.  The back, right side of his head is flat.  Now that he sits up most of the day, I think that would have corrected itself but not my kid.  He's got attentive parents, a dog and a grandma, life is pretty sweet for all of us.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2023, 02:29:35 AM »

Damn it!  My favorite knife fell down on the heating element in the dishwasher.  Melted the handle about a third of the way through.  I've had that since I moved to college.  An old, cheap one but I use it all the time.  I could smell it burning just couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from.  The whole house reeks.  It's not like the poor knife doesn't have a chip out of the handle already and the blade isn't all that straight from sharpening, cutting all theses years but it's my favorite!  Maybe I can wrap duct tape around the burned part if it quits stinking.  It's pretty rough.  I think it came from my grandma's house when she died or maybe it was mom's but it's the knife I always reach for.  Shit

cineater
Legend

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2023, 06:26:47 PM »

The handle of the knife smells.  Does that ever go away?  The house still stinks.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2023, 03:29:07 PM »

You know I get a lot of shit for being a smoker.  I try to be courteous about it and walk away from people when I'm smoking but, and here's the rant!  When I walk away from you to smoke, it's your job to stay the fuck away from me.  I don't mind the closet smokers bumming those expensive smokes, you know they do cost a lot, off me but it's just a fucking waste if you don't inhale.   hihi  I think that annoys me more than those folks who even get a whiff of a cigarette and act like it's going to kill them.

It's a good thing I smoke because some of you folks would have to die!  My thinking and you know, I'm not running around with an automatic weapon taking my anger out on everybody.  Didn't have all these mass shootings when people smoked.  Something to think about.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2023, 03:32:05 PM »

Had to drive through the middle of the valley.  They are building in it again.  Far different place from when I found it over 20 years ago. 

Where I first ran from the castle in just my shift and into the woods.  The fields where Axl, the coyote, roamed.  Where the big hunting birds soared, my heart with them.  It's all light industrial now on both sides of the highway.  Before it was just a field with a two lane road.  The section of it I drive to get to the gardens has changed too.  The gorilla still stands guard at the entrance to the valley.  The witch's place is gone.  Sold to a roofing company who took out the greenhouses, the beds of herbs and the one room schoolhouse.  Turned it into the storage lot.  The Canadian geese abandon the pond they used to rear their young.  You can still buy farm fresh produce there and the train still runs through it.  The garden is still there, where I frequent.

The valley is locked safely in my mind.  When I kick in my imagination, I go there.  I don't go to the other side much any more.  The magic of the place, left with me.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2023, 02:43:55 PM »

I go into the valley one way and out another.  Coming out Tuesday night, I notice a tree line is down.  It was there on Monday.  Opens up the ground between the service road and the highway where they've already plowed up the ground.  Donna says they are putting in a restaurant.  They could use a truck stop.  The area is too big for a restaurant.

One would think with all the industry in the area it would be bustling.  It's not, it's eerily quiet.  Hardly any traffic and I never run into shift change traffic.  The roads are built to accommodate a large volume of traffic.  Must be a good set up cause those folks leave work, shoot out onto the highway and are out of there.  At least I think people work in those places.  Never see them.  nervous

cineater
Legend

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2023, 09:33:41 PM »

So the ex calls.  Sometimes good to talk to him for a real minute but I let it go to voicemail, not today.  Leaves a message, I'm going to look at a motorcycle.  Last he said was he would never have another bike because a friend of his got killed on one doing something he never would have done on a bike, changing the radio station going around a corner on a two lane road.  He gets a bike, he'll ask me if I want to take a trip.  We use to ride a lot.  So, I'm not calling him back.  hihi  Don't want him to think that would get me to go with him.  Don't buy that bike on my account, never going to happen.  It's been 30 years but I know how this guy thinks.  Damn his second wife for divorcing him.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2023, 11:15:13 PM »

Hey wait a minute.  I go to add some stuff to my amazon list for my birthday and they've already whipped out my list.  It's not even June yet.  I have some more stuff I want.   hihi  I hope they aren't done shopping yet.  Probably should have put an Amazon gift card on there.  The secret to getting your list cleared out is a lot of very reasonably priced stuff.  They look at the price and think that's cheap and before you know it, you put too much stuff in your cart.  At least that's what happens to me when I'm buying.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2023, 05:12:03 PM »

Are you fucking kidding me?  The kids got talked into buying solar panels for their house to the tune of $50,000.  They don't know anything about that and no idea if there is a better price out there.  And now they are having second thoughts but have to pay to get out of the contract, $7,000.  The only saving grace they have is their roof won't support the number of panels needed.  That voids the contract if you ask me.  The place is refiguring.  Told her if they give them another contract to not sign it until they've done some research and have a lawyer take a look at it.  They did the same thing with Anderson Windows.  Apparently I didn't say enough about that mistake.  Never invite sales people to come just to talk, it's a hard sale approach.

And the reason it was so drafty in their house, they left a basement window open.  My children are stupid.   hihi

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: