Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:54:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash reached the highest peaks in their careers, then the 2016 reunion
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash reached the highest peaks in their careers, then the 2016 reunion  (Read 1337 times)
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« on: January 31, 2023, 01:52:42 PM »

Hi:

This is one reason why I think Axl and Slash reunited, putting their egos aside.

Both, Axl and Slash, had already reached the highest points of their solo careers, and then they were experiencing a decrement in their popularity, and audiences.

That is why they realized it was better for them to team up again, in hopes to reach new positive peaks.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 02:04:40 PM »

Oh absolutely.

Nothing wrong with that I guess.

I just would love to see something more creative come out of all this than just two singles  Roll Eyes

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 10:26:21 PM »

I think it's true that Axl and Slash (as well as the rest of us) realize that they'd have greater success together than separately.

Having said that, "realizing" that doesn't mean it was motivation to reunite.  It that were truly a motivator to reunite, they would've done so many years sooner.  I mean hell, there was huge publicity surrounding their 2012 Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction, and it still didn't bring them together.  It seemingly drove them even further apart.

At the end of the day, Slash and Axl had to heal and put their differences aside in order for any reunion to be possible.  I don't think there was ever any doubt they'd be more successful, but I don't think there was any particular timeframe for either of them.

As Slash always said, "If it happens, it happens.  But I can't be waiting around for it to happen."
As Axl said...."NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!"  (and I highly doubt that had anything to do with success)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: