Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:03:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How come nobody asks Axl why there is no GNR reunion.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How come nobody asks Axl why there is no GNR reunion.  (Read 1435 times)
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« on: February 03, 2023, 09:00:37 PM »

How come nobody ever asks Axl why he does not want a GNR reunion?
Or why a GNR reunion is not happening or possible?

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 03:40:49 AM »

What do you mean, "nobody"?

There are 8 billion people on this earth, and probably half of them have asked Axl that question.

He's answered it different ways at different times over the years, and he was indubitably sick of that question 20 years ago.

The lineup and partial reunion that we got (Axl/Slash/Duff, with brief Steven appearances) was what we got.  That's all we're ever gonna get.  So why do the other 4 billion people have to ask it too?
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 01:33:00 PM »

We have had a Reunion since 2016. And if you are referring to Appetite Era Lineup its pretty simple the other 2 being Adler & Stradlin are not reliable for long term plus Axl is a loyal guy and you have had Richard playing in GNR since 02 and Frank since what 08? I think the only reason people will bring up Izzy is his song writing that he did with the band. Not sure I have really ever seen anybody say damn this band doesn't sound the same without Izzy. Its not a knock on his guitar playing skills but I think someone like Fortus is just as good if not better then when izzy was in the band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 06:06:00 PM »

I could be wrong, but Steven was fired in 1990, Izzy quit in 1991. They haven't been part of the GN'R partnership for decades. The other three have.

So if you look it with that in mind, the main three (not meant to disrespect anyone's part in creating the band's legacy) did reunite. Also, for the other two to come back and expect to be full partners again, would be kinda weird(?)....

If you start a company with your friends, then you quit and they keep going making it a huge success. Is it fair for you to just wanna come back and expect to be made a full partner just because you were there when it started? You were probably paid off when you left. You made a deal....

Maybe that kind of things do happen all the time. I really don't know. I'm just saying I can see why it might not just happen as easily as "hey guys, come back, let's play!".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 06:18:37 PM »

I could be wrong, but Steven was fired in 1990, Izzy quit in 1991. They haven't been part of the GN'R partnership for decades. The other three have.

So if you look it with that in mind, the main three (not meant to disrespect anyone's part in creating the band's legacy) did reunite. Also, for the other two to come back and expect to be full partners again, would be kinda weird(?)....

If you start a company with your friends, then you quit and they keep going making it a huge success. Is it fair for you to just wanna come back and expect to be made a full partner just because you were there when it started? You were probably paid off when you left. You made a deal....

Maybe that kind of things do happen all the time. I really don't know. I'm just saying I can see why it might not just happen as easily as "hey guys, come back, let's play!".

/jarmo

Slash and Duff were out of GNR almost as much time as Izzy and Steven, and they easily replace Tommy Stinson, Buckethead, Dj Ashba and Bumblefoot.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 06:19:24 PM »

What do you mean, "nobody"?

There are 8 billion people on this earth, and probably half of them have asked Axl that question.

He's answered it different ways at different times over the years, and he was indubitably sick of that question 20 years ago.

The lineup and partial reunion that we got (Axl/Slash/Duff, with brief Steven appearances) was what we got.  That's all we're ever gonna get.  So why do the other 4 billion people have to ask it too?

I never read or saw an interview to Axl asking him directly why the GNR reunion is not happening, at least not since 2016.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 06:28:03 PM »

I know the last version of GNR is loved by many fans and people around the world,... proven by filling stadiums...
but why making possible an original GNR reunion?
Not even a single show?
That is strange to me, considering the original lineup is part of the RNR hall of fame.
It just means Axl has issues with Steven and Izzy still.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 07:26:17 PM »

Slash and Duff were out of GNR almost as much time as Izzy and Steven, and they easily replace Tommy Stinson, Buckethead, Dj Ashba and Bumblefoot.

You're talking about the band that performs on stage. They were partners in the business though.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2023, 10:01:31 AM »

As far as Im concerned a reunion already happened.  peace

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2023, 11:01:13 AM »

As far as Im concerned a reunion already happened.  peace

I think you are right, but it is a semi-reunion.  love
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: