Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:21:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227796 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR and the Grammy Awards.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR and the Grammy Awards.  (Read 1832 times)
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« on: February 06, 2023, 12:01:35 PM »

Was Chinese Democracy nominated for the Grammys?
Why not?
Velvet Revolver won a grammy and I think CD has better songs.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 09:36:43 AM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 01:36:03 PM »

GN'R never won a Grammy. Obviously the quality of the music isn't necessarily how they judge albums.

They were nominated in 1990 in the Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance for GN'R Lies and lost to Living Colour "Cult of Personality". In 1992 they were nominated in the same category for Use Your Illusion I, and lost to Van Halen "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge". Again, nominated in 19993 for Live And Let Die, and lost to Red Hot Chili Peppers  "Give It Away".

In 2019, the Appetite For Destruction Locked N' Loaded box set was nominated in the Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package category, and lost to Weird Al.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 04:07:09 PM »

Not even CD was taken into consideration for a Grammy?
Hard to believe.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 06:15:30 PM »

Not hard to believe. I don't think those awards are solely about the music itself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 06:31:06 PM »

Bonnie Raitt just won for song of the year. I had never even heard of that song until I read the list of winners. I read the lyrics and a great subject was written about.  And I respect Bonnie Raitt.  Maybe it deserved to win.  I knew most of the other songs because they are play so much it’s hard to not know them.  If I remember correctly Led Zeppelin never won a Grammy.   Ghost had  a great album last year. It was nominated for metal performance only. And lost to Ozzy.  To me it’s not about talent or if a record or song is great.  On a rare occasion they do give the “big” awards to an artist or group who really deserve it. Chinese Democracy should have been nominated.  GN’R will never win a Grammy.  If Appetite didn’t get one Grammy nomination or November Rain get a song of the year nomination then I doubt they ever will.  And that’s ok. It’s all a farce for the most part and it’s getting worse. But Atleast  we as fans know how great they are.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 09:33:28 PM »

In 1992 they were nominated in the same category for Use Your Illusion I, and lost to Van Halen "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge".

WTF? The Grammys never understood rock anyway, who cares.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 05:34:45 AM »

Who cares, music is not a competition, Plus awards are usually bought by record labels, or given for political reasons. When u listen to a song, do you really think "this won an emmy"? Don't think so
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 09:29:19 AM »

The biggest Grammys upset was Metallica's "One" losing to Jethro Tull for best metal performance.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 09:41:13 AM »

The biggest Grammys upset was Metallica's "One" losing to Jethro Tull for best metal performance.
The well known jethro metull
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 12:19:54 PM »

Sorry, Jarmo, I do not mean to e SO negative, but if Axl did not want Slash and Duff in GNR today, it had not have happened either. He is in total control of the rights of the band.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 02:03:47 PM »

"He is in total control of the rights of the band."

You sure about that?  Got any evidence to back that statement up?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2023, 02:30:22 PM »

Sorry, Jarmo, I do not mean to e SO negative, but if Axl did not want Slash and Duff in GNR today, it had not have happened either. He is in total control of the rights of the band.

Not only do you keep repeating that Axl is the only one against a full reunion (without any evidence), you're also confused about the topics. This one is about the Grammy Awards.

You posted a supposed quote from an article published in 2004 where you claim Axl was the only one who didn't want a reunion. I said it's probably true. He did not want to work with the former members at the time. He didn't want a reunion in 2012 either. Until the time was right.

So what does it matter if Steven Adler claimed something in 2004? I just pointed out that it was probably true, but things did change since.

Now you'll say Axl is against the reunion and say "but Steven said so in 2004", and then....

/jarmo

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2023, 02:32:34 PM »

Axl probably feels the same about the Grammys as he did the Rock & Roll HOF could care less.
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2023, 07:14:27 PM »

Why not?
Contraband did much better than CD
It's a matter of taste which one you prefer. In my case im more into the hard-rock guitar vibe from VR than the style of CD era. I like CD but I miss the punk-blues-hard rock vibe from the good old days.
I really think CD would have Been much better recieved if It was released as an Axl solo album, but thats another story hahaha

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2023, 07:28:29 PM »

Why not?
Contraband did much better than CD
It's a matter of taste which one you prefer. In my case im more into the hard-rock guitar vibe from VR than the style of CD era. I like CD but I miss the punk-blues-hard rock vibe from the good old days.
I really think CD would have Been much better recieved if It was released as an Axl solo album, but thats another story hahaha

I think it is the most succesful of the GNR solo albums. xD hihi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: