Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:43:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R car racing at Daytona 500 (Feb 2023)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R car racing at Daytona 500 (Feb 2023)  (Read 6408 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: February 14, 2023, 02:18:17 PM »

Found this over at MyGNR.  Wow GNR are sponsoring a fast car!  Cheesy  #43

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 03:27:52 PM »

Found this over at MyGNR.  Wow GNR are sponsoring a fast car!  Cheesy  #43

Didn’t see that coming. Wondering if this is a part of a potential big announcement? Guess I might watch for a few minutes just to see the car. Ha!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 06:03:57 PM »

Watching noisy cars go round in circles is not my thing.  I'm more of the demolition derby type but this is still cool.  GNR has a fast car!

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 06:51:47 PM »

I'd watch if they were actually still stock cars.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 09:39:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1625640769867419655

Good looking car with Guns N Roses running down its side.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 10:07:45 PM by cineater » Logged

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 11:21:22 PM »

You must be super old if you remember watching stock cars.  They haven't been stock in 50 years.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 12:22:53 AM »

You must be super old if you remember watching stock cars.  They haven't been stock in 50 years.

Chrysler had the last stock car back in the 70's if I remember correctly.  Took a while but evolution happen and they were completely gone by the turn of the century.  Yes I'm super old.  Motorcycles have a similar history.  When do you think we'll see the first electric car in these races?

It's sad you go down that list of sponsors and see how many car related companies are missing.  None of the big oil or tire companies.  It's not about the cars any more.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 02:27:13 AM by cineater » Logged

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2023, 06:36:17 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1625640769867419655

Good looking car with Guns N Roses running down its side.

Guess Axl isn't "mad at NASCAR" anymore
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2023, 08:06:27 AM »

You must be super old if you remember watching stock cars.  They haven't been stock in 50 years.

Chrysler had the last stock car back in the 70's if I remember correctly.  Took a while but evolution happen and they were completely gone by the turn of the century.  Yes I'm super old.  Motorcycles have a similar history.  When do you think we'll see the first electric car in these races?

It's sad you go down that list of sponsors and see how many car related companies are missing.  None of the big oil or tire companies.  It's not about the cars any more.

Joe Gibbs is already using an electric car for pit stop practices.  I believe we will see hybrid before the end of the decade and electric by the mid 30's.  Hopefully sooner.

I really want the whole scoop on how this went down and why.  You don't drop a million dollars for a sponsorship for nothing.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2023, 09:06:14 AM »

It's sad you go down that list of sponsors and see how many car related companies are missing.  None of the big oil or tire companies.  It's not about the cars any more.

Joe Gibbs is already using an electric car for pit stop practices.  I believe we will see hybrid before the end of the decade and electric by the mid 30's.  Hopefully sooner.

I really want the whole scoop on how this went down and why.  You don't drop a million dollars for a sponsorship for nothing.

I think I really want some merchandise.   hihi  I need a hot wheels car that looks like that.  And maybe a t-shirt.

This will be fun following this car all summer.  Checked out our driver, "that Jones Boy".  He looks a little clean cut for GNR but he use to race trucks.   Cool  And Richard Petty is in the owners group.  You don't get much more race car then that.  Looking forward to this.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2023, 04:31:20 PM »

I think I really want some merchandise.   hihi  I need a hot wheels car that looks like that.  And maybe a t-shirt.

This will be fun following this car all summer.  Checked out our driver, "that Jones Boy".  He looks a little clean cut for GNR but he use to race trucks.   Cool  And Richard Petty is in the owners group.  You don't get much more race car then that.  Looking forward to this.

Far as I know it's only for one race, the 500.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2023, 06:34:05 PM »

Far as I know it's only for one race, the 500.

Noooo.  Do it all summer, this could be fun following the GNR car. 

I was reading if the car wins they put it up on a pedicle for a year.  I'm thinking if he's see the checkered flag, down shift and let some other fucker fly by and put his car up on blocks for the season.

Darn I hope they run it all season. 

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2023, 11:02:39 PM »

You must be super old if you remember watching stock cars.  They haven't been stock in 50 years.

Oh no, that was before my time. I'm just a car guy who would be interested to watch actual competition between cars that anyone can buy being pushed to their limits.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2023, 07:55:10 AM »

Erik Jones on Having Guns N' Roses on the No. 43 Car  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8mActAe-L4&t=234s

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2023, 09:22:40 AM »

Oh no, that was before my time. I'm just a car guy who would be interested to watch actual competition between cars that anyone can buy being pushed to their limits.

I was at the end of that time.  I miss watching guys tinker with their cars.  Talk of what they wanted to buy to sup that car up.  Hanging out in the garage.  Didn't understand what they were talking about but it was still fun handing them tools, rebuilding carburetors, pumping up the brakes.  I rarely try to work on a car now, think about it but there's nobody to talk it through with so off to the shop it goes.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2023, 09:33:04 AM »

Erik Jones on Having Guns N' Roses on the No. 43 Car  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8mActAe-L4&t=234s

/jarmo

He seems thrilled and star struck to be carrying the GNR tag.  Still, a little clean cut for GNR but he drives a fast car.  How many band members do you think we can squeeze in that car with him?  They want to hang with him.  Cheesy

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2023, 10:30:20 AM »

OK so I don't know anything about car racing, can someone explain to me what's the point for GNR to sponsor a car?

just for fun because Axl is a fan? for business for whatever reason?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2023, 10:36:04 AM »

OK so I don't know anything about car racing, can someone explain to me what's the point for GNR to sponsor a car?

just for fun because Axl is a fan? for business for whatever reason?

I'm assuming it's the same reason why anyone would want their logo on someone else's clothing, mode of transport etc.

Promotion.

This deal already generated attention for GN'R, the team and driver. The car will be seen on TV during the race weekend.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2023, 04:09:06 PM »

What are your thoughts Jarmo? Seems a bit out of the blue for GnR to do this. Could it be a prelude to some other happenings for the band?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2023, 05:26:25 PM »

What are your thoughts Jarmo? Seems a bit out of the blue for GnR to do this. Could it be a prelude to some other happenings for the band?

It's a different way to promote the band for sure.

Creates buzz. So that's cool.

I would assume so. I'm not sure what people expect it to mean.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: