Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:32:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R car racing at Daytona 500 (Feb 2023)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R car racing at Daytona 500 (Feb 2023)  (Read 6410 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2023, 05:20:02 PM »

I hear ya, but it’s not about the setlist. At least as far as I’m concerned. It’s about the buzz, the excitement. Your favourite band is releasing new music/an album again. Hell, they could release a new record and not play any tracks from it at the shows and I’d still be a happy mother fucker

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
cineater
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2023, 09:05:53 PM »

From Axl's twitter

But are they keeping the car going forward?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2023, 11:27:29 PM »

Eric is still showing the GNR logo for his next race.  Maybe they are keeping the car.  Cool

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2023, 01:10:27 AM »

Eric is still showing the GNR logo for his next race.  Maybe they are keeping the car.  Cool

Allegiant will be on the 43 this week.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2023, 03:35:12 AM »

I hear ya, but it’s not about the setlist. At least as far as I’m concerned. It’s about the buzz, the excitement. Your favourite band is releasing new music/an album again. Hell, they could release a new record and not play any tracks from it at the shows and I’d still be a happy mother fucker

You mean like in August and September 2021?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2023, 07:42:10 AM »

Allegiant will be on the 43 this week.

Darn.  Well, that was fun.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2023, 08:09:54 AM »

You mean like in August and September 2021?

/jarmo

Ah, so the limited idiotic comments from the internet morons mean that the rest of the loyal fans lose out?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2023, 08:26:42 AM »

Ah, so the limited idiotic comments from the internet morons mean that the rest of the loyal fans lose out?

Is that what I said?

You asked for new music to have a buzz. So I asked you if you meant like in 2021.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2023, 09:22:21 AM »

Is that what I said?

You asked for new music to have a buzz. So I asked you if you meant like in 2021.

/jarmo

In answer to your question, yes - like in August and September 2021.

But, as we know, some idiots took to the internet to spread their moronic comments about the new tracks, with Absurd getting the brunt of their vitriolic bile.

I assumed your comment obtained an element of facetiousness and a possible insight into why further new tracks have not been released: please correct me if I’m wrong. That being the case, my response was merely alluding to the fact that it’s unfortunate the majority of fans miss out on new music as a result.

Not trying to fall out with you Jarmo. I’m too old for keyboard wars. Just stating my opinion. As I approach middle age I am increasingly grabbing the wrong end of the stick so please forgive and excuse any offence caused 🙂

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2023, 10:02:03 AM »

We live in a world where some people spend their time whining about shit they either have no control over, or don't know anything about. That's just reality.

On the other hand many people who attend shows might not be familiar with anything other than the hits. They possible wouldn't know the difference between Prostitute and Absurd. Or Coma and Hard Skool.... Which ones are new, which ones aren't.

/jarmo

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2023, 10:25:45 AM »

This would have been the perfect opportunity to create maximum buzz for the tour by releasing a new single and announcing a new record for release later this year.

It’s clear to me that this is now a nostalgia band and I guess I’m gonna have to make my peace with that.

I was hoping this too and can see the same from comments under every article about this tour thus far.
It’s delusional to think that new music isn’t the main thing any true fans wants, it’s the records that made us fans to begin with after all.
It is a nostalgia tour since 2016 except for the 2 singles which I really enjoyed a few years back and is
it is better than nothing, I’m still going to go like I always will because they are the greatest band of all time and I love the live shows but it’s a sad reality to know that it’s now a longer gap between Chinese to now than UYI to Chinese. We’re not owed anything but we live in hope.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2023, 01:04:57 PM »

there's a really simple thing to do if you want new music : stop buy tickets. stop buy tshirts.

it's like any industry : the consumer has the real power. stop drinking Coca-Cola, they're dead. stop smoking, adios Marlboro.

but fans will never do that. look at them on another message board, always moaning there's still no new album in sight, but when there's new tour dates, they're the first ones to buy one ticket.

so well, the band is right to do what they do. touring, making good money, enjoying themselves playing the stuff (I hope), making music with side projects for the ones who still cares.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2023, 02:59:00 PM »

There's some irony in the situation. We just had zero shows a while back. Period.

Can't complain about setlists for shows that can't happen. People already forgot....

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2023, 11:45:13 PM »

Got an email from GNR advertising the car merchandise on their site.  Hope that means we are going to see more of the car.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2023, 07:22:31 PM »

there's a really simple thing to do if you want new music : stop buy tickets. stop buy tshirts.

it's like any industry : the consumer has the real power. stop drinking Coca-Cola, they're dead. stop smoking, adios Marlboro.

but fans will never do that. look at them on another message board, always moaning there's still no new album in sight, but when there's new tour dates, they're the first ones to buy one ticket.

so well, the band is right to do what they do. touring, making good money, enjoying themselves playing the stuff (I hope), making music with side projects for the ones who still cares.

Man, it's almost like you're accidentally admitting that the idea of "voting with your wallet" is bullshit... because you can never find an example of it actually happening. Most consumers are not interrogating the practices of every business they ever purchase something from, especially not something as seemingly inconsequential and cheap as a can of soda.

And you really couldn't have picked a worse example for your point than pointing to a literally addictive substance and saying "just stop buying it!"

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2023, 09:32:31 AM »

Got an email from GNR advertising the car merchandise on their site.  Hope that means we are going to see more of the car.

I am so so sorry, you will never see that car again.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2023, 05:28:43 PM »

I am so so sorry, you will never see that car again.

Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene
I'll see you in my dreams

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2023, 10:30:17 AM »

https://youtu.be/Lvaix334NYs

A little segment on the car and new tour dates from Eddie trunk.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2023, 11:54:35 AM »

For whatever reason Eddie doesn't seem to realize there's more to a tour than the band having days off. You need to move the band, and crew, from one place to the other. It's called a Travel Day. On top of that, if you do stadium shows you might need a day to set up the show itself. So the band might have a day off, but there's still work going on at the venue. So your two days off aren't days off because the band isn't performing.... They might be needed for logistical reasons. Smaller tours are different.

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2023, 02:28:55 PM »

Man, it's almost like you're accidentally admitting that the idea of "voting with your wallet" is bullshit... because you can never find an example of it actually happening. Most consumers are not interrogating the practices of every business they ever purchase something from, especially not something as seemingly inconsequential and cheap as a can of soda.

I'm not sure I understand your first sentence...

about the second one, more and more consumers are doing so, buying fairtrade products, looking at their composition, where they were manufactured, boycott chinese products made by children, it's now something the general public is accustomed to, at least in Europe, maybe it's different in the US, I wouldn't that surprised about that...  hihi

sorry for being off topic

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: