Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:57:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket prices
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket prices  (Read 6183 times)
guitarphix
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: February 22, 2023, 06:38:54 PM »

The latest prices for this tour is a joke.  Unless they lower the prices this tour will be a total failure imo.  Without anything new and Axl not sounding as good as he used to, a lot of people will not be going
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 08:34:46 PM »

I'm concerned about that too and that they are playing a stadium.  Doesn't matter if there is new music or a full blown reunion.  Not paying high prices for bad seats where you are watching the show on the big screens.  I think my strategy is to wait for a price drop closer to the concert.  Might lose out on getting tickets.  If it works out we'll enjoy an evening under the stars watching GNR on the big screens with friends.  Looking forward to it, hoping I don't have to pass on it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 05:52:17 AM »

The latest prices for this tour is a joke.  Unless they lower the prices this tour will be a total failure imo.  Without anything new and Axl not sounding as good as he used to, a lot of people will not be going

I don't think it will be a failure cause people will go in any case, but the thing that strikes me the most it's like they don't feel embarassed about it. I mean, 6/7 years of touring milking the cow (and the last 5 years with awful vocals) and u still charge people like you haven't had enough yet? And no new music? I know ticket prices it's not completely up to them, but c'mon now.  confused nervous. If u want to be a memorabilia touring band it's ok, but raising the ticket prices all the fuckin times is just sad,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 07:11:59 AM »

You do realize everything else has gone up in price right? It costs more to buy a hot dog at the venue. It costs more to transport the gear from one venue to the other.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 08:25:40 AM »

It's true that everything has gone up but in some venues pit prices have almost doubled if I'm not mistaken. I think a few years back the regular pit ticket in the US was around 250$ and the early entry round 400$. In Boston, pit is almost 450 and EE almost 700$. It's Fenway, not some small venue with limited seats...

If pit is so expensive we should get rid of it altogether. In my opinion it would be better if they had arena tickets ( no distinction between front of stage and the rest) and whoever gets there first can go to the front. Like the good old times.

In some venues in Europe there are no golden circle/FOS tickets so it might have to do more with the promoters than the band itself.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 08:38:05 AM by Natalie » Logged

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 09:43:53 AM »

There's a lot that goes into pricing from many different sources.   Gives those math people something to ponder.

I look at those VIP packages and think is that really what you think is a good time?  You could get a week on a cruise ship for that price.  Then again a week on a cruise ship is not my thing.   hihi  If you think the price is worth it, you go.  It's not something you have to have or is going to have a major effect on your overall life.

Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 09:47:52 AM »

I 'm mostly referring to the regular pit tickets. I don't really care about the VIP packages because, as you say you don't have to have them and personally I have bought the early entry only once. But what if you want to be close to the stage so that you can actually see something instead of looking at the screen? 400+ is still very expensive for the average person.

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 10:08:06 AM »

You do realize everything else has gone up in price right? It costs more to buy a hot dog at the venue. It costs more to transport the gear from one venue to the other.

/jarmo

Sure but they are making milion dollars, is not that they are starving to death  rofl rofl , cmon now. I don't think the sales will be a flop, but i think they are risking a lot with this one. I'm the one who don't care about the money, but a lot people obviously does. Considering that they are clearly overpricing everything they sell, I don't think is a good move if u see this from a casual fan perspective. But you know, this is my point of view.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 10:10:51 AM by ITARocker » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 10:20:17 AM »

I 'm mostly referring to the regular pit tickets. I don't really care about the VIP packages because, as you say you don't have to have them and personally I have bought the early entry only once. But what if you want to be close to the stage so that you can actually see something instead of looking at the screen? 400+ is still very expensive for the average person.

I'd like to be there too but not as much as I'd like to keep that money in my pocket.   hihi  Average people do average things, like whip out a piece of plastic and run their debt up on shit they shouldn't really be buying.

Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 10:33:09 AM »

I'd like to be there too but not as much as I'd like to keep that money in my pocket.   hihi  Average people do average things, like whip out a piece of plastic and run their debt up on shit they shouldn't really be buying.

My point is that seeing your favorite band live shouldn't be a privilege for those with higher than average income. This is how it used to be. Check any video from the 90s from GnR or any other group and it's mostly young kids in front of the stage. They could afford to be there which would be unthinkable with today's prices ... No wonder that the pit in the US is haf empty.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 09:48:59 PM by Natalie » Logged

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2023, 10:49:11 AM »

It's true that everything has gone up but in some venues pit prices have almost doubled if I'm not mistaken. I think a few years back the regular pit ticket in the US was around 250$ and the early entry round 400$. In Boston, pit is almost 450 and EE almost 700$. It's Fenway, not some small venue with limited seats...

If pit is so expensive we should get rid of it altogether. In my opinion it would be better if they had arena tickets ( no distinction between front of stage and the rest) and whoever gets there first can go to the front. Like the good old times.

In some venues in Europe there are no golden circle/FOS tickets so it might have to do more with the promoters than the band itself.

Sometimes prices are high because there's a limited number of tickets.

There's only so many seats that can be in the first row.

GA can either be split with different prices and VIP packages, or first come first served. There's really no way to make it 100% fair for everybody.

Sure but they are making milion dollars, is not that they are starving to death  rofl rofl , cmon now. I don't think the sales will be a flop, but i think they are risking a lot with this one. I'm the one who don't care about the money, but a lot people obviously does. Considering that they are clearly overpricing everything they sell, I don't think is a good move if u see this from a casual fan perspective. But you know, this is my point of view.

It's the music business. That's how it is. I think every company in the world always wants to do better than the last quarter.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2023, 11:27:06 AM »

For Montreal, the price is actually lower than in 2017 for general admission tickets.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2023, 12:41:31 PM »

From what i saw the prices were very similiar comapred to last year.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2023, 01:29:35 PM »

From what i saw the prices were very similiar comapred to last year.

In Europe, not in the US.

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2023, 03:17:20 PM »

prices for Paris, France :

Fosse - Debout Placement Libre: €89,50
Fosse Or - Debout Placement Libre: €122,50
Catégorie 4 Côté de Scène - Assis numéroté: €67,50
Catégorie 3 - Assis numéroté: €84,00
Catégorie 2 - Assis numéroté: €100,50
Catégorie 1 - Assis numéroté: €155,50
Catégorie Or - Assis numéroté: €177,50

(pardon my french  hihi)

so yeah, very expensive

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2023, 03:32:57 PM »

prices for Paris, France :

Fosse - Debout Placement Libre: €89,50
Fosse Or - Debout Placement Libre: €122,50
Catégorie 4 Côté de Scène - Assis numéroté: €67,50
Catégorie 3 - Assis numéroté: €84,00
Catégorie 2 - Assis numéroté: €100,50
Catégorie 1 - Assis numéroté: €155,50
Catégorie Or - Assis numéroté: €177,50

(pardon my french  hihi)

so yeah, very expensive

And compared to say Metallica?

/jarmo

guitarphix
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2023, 03:47:35 PM »

Actually the Metallica tour is two shows and it was basically the same price as the one gnr show and the Metallica show has Pantera. Metallica continues to put out new music. GNR doesn’t.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2023, 04:21:19 PM »

Actually the Metallica tour is two shows and it was basically the same price as the one gnr show and the Metallica show has Pantera. Metallica continues to put out new music. GNR doesn’t.

Oh, so they have an opening act who got their shows canceled in Austria and Germany? Ok. Not sure how that affects anything.

The question wasn't about who the opening act is or who puts out new music. It was about ticket prices for comparison.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2023, 04:23:15 PM »

I bought my tickets for 99dollars same as Billie Joel. I think the prices are a little high but I last saw GNR in 2012. I can finally say that I saw my favorite band play live. Going to get a hotel in that I live in Maryland and the show will be on untill 11.

Rizzo160
AxlHBK
Headliner

Axl Loyalist

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2023, 04:53:19 PM »

I just looked up Nightrain presale prices for a Pit ticket in Hershey, PA. After ticket price + taxes/fees + fan club membership fee, the total was ~$520 for one ticket.

To compare, I recently got the two-day pass for Metallica at MetLife Stadium for Snakepit tickets (you're literally inside the middle of the stage). This includes Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Ice Nine Kills, and Wolfgang Van Halen as opening acts. The total was $610 (after taxes/fees). Even if I tacked on a 89 membership fee (which I didn't have to pay for in order to get these tickets even though I bought them in the initial presale), I am still under $700. And, even though I am just speculating here, I suspect that MetLife Stadium tickets are generally more expensive than Hershey Stadium tickets (although, I could be wrong).

Even in an age of everything being more expensive, this GNR tour still seems particularly expensive, especially without a big-time opening act being advertised. With that said, I don't think the tour will be a failure and I am sure people will go in large numbers.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 05:06:07 PM by AxlHBK » Logged

-Chinesedemocracy.com Refugee
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: