Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:03:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The General being released (perhaps B-side)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The General being released (perhaps B-side)  (Read 33009 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2023, 08:47:30 PM »

Imagine the General turns out to be just that instrumental piece they used for entrance music in 2006 😂

Friends and family have heard the song at parties and whatnot.

It has vocals and lyrics.

You can hear vocals on the cell phone recording too.
Though it would be interesting if one of the instrumentals was released as such. Devious Bastard with the samples maybe. I have a soft spot for that track.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2023, 09:23:24 PM »

Imagine the General turns out to be just that instrumental piece they used for entrance music in 2006 😂

Friends and family have heard the song at parties and whatnot.

It has vocals and lyrics.

You can hear vocals on the cell phone recording too.
Though it would be interesting if one of the instrumentals was released as such. Devious Bastard with the samples maybe. I have a soft spot for that track.

DEVIOUS BASTARD is FUCKIN EPIC!. It's like Rage Against the Machine-ish. I can't even imagine Axl grovin over that.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2023, 09:35:07 AM »

So there is a rumor being reported that there will be no CD or digital release of The General. That it will only be available on the vinyl release of Perhaps. That is insane if true - anyone heard this?
Slashblack
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2023, 08:52:22 AM »

https://www.stltoday.com/life-entertainment/local/music/st-louisan-richard-fortus-of-guns-n-roses-finally-makes-it-to-biggest-hometown-stage/article_48d6409a-48dc-11ee-8ab3-2731484c4382.html

Richard mentions he’s really happy with Perhaps and the article slides to the fact that The General may be played live soon.  Could be reported speculation, but you never know.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2023, 11:09:53 AM »

Is it this version https://youtu.be/D_ihpCWS0l0?si=dNoZlyTRb0GqHLXL
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2023, 06:02:18 PM »

So there is a rumor being reported that there will be no CD or digital release of The General. That it will only be available on the vinyl release of Perhaps. That is insane if true - anyone heard this?

I'm not normally one for strong opinions, but I'd be quite disgusted with the band if it was only a vinyl only release.

I think in this post covid landscape where folk are still struggling to make ends meet, I think forcing people to buy a yesteryear format would be an indulgent move, given how much money they have made on tour in recent years. Most people I know do not have record players anymore lol. It is quite a niche thing.

Let's see what pans out, but hopefully they do not go down the road of monetising the track this way.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2023, 06:03:27 PM »

rofl rofl rofl

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2023, 09:18:48 PM »

I'm not normally one for strong opinions, but I'd be quite disgusted with the band if it was only a vinyl only release.

I think in this post covid landscape where folk are still struggling to make ends meet, I think forcing people to buy a yesteryear format would be an indulgent move, given how much money they have made on tour in recent years. Most people I know do not have record players anymore lol. It is quite a niche thing.

Let's see what pans out, but hopefully they do not go down the road of monetising the track this way.

Yeah I have no way of playing vinyl at this point.  I have one vinyl album but that came with a downloadable copy so it's more of a collectors thing.

Fingers crossed
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2023, 12:54:21 PM »

Yeah I have no way of playing vinyl at this point.  I have one vinyl album but that came with a downloadable copy so it's more of a collectors thing.

Fingers crossed

It will most certainly be released digitally. We're not living in the 70s. If it's not then someone else will copy the vinyl to a digital format and release it online illegally

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2023, 09:10:03 PM »

Good one!!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2023, 03:59:56 PM »

For those complaining about vinyl. Record players have had a big come back i got a 3 in one about a year ago plays vinyl, cds and i believe has bluetooth capabilities. Been collecting more vinyl records since and probably the best way to listen to an album.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2023, 06:07:05 PM »

I believe current sales figures show that vinyl beats out CDs in sales. Now, is it as high as streaming or digital downloads? No. But I don’t know that niche thing is accurate with vinyl.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2023, 06:15:24 PM »

For those complaining about vinyl. Record players have had a big come back i got a 3 in one about a year ago plays vinyl, cds and i believe has bluetooth capabilities. Been collecting more vinyl records since and probably the best way to listen to an album.

It’s definitely a different experience and sounds different. Not entirely better in terms of quality, I think at this point digital still has more dynamic range, and depending on your system, the friction actually does wear out frequencies through repeated platings.

That said, it’s my preferred way of listening. Forces you to commit to an album and really get into it.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2023, 10:13:05 PM »

It’s definitely a different experience and sounds different. Not entirely better in terms of quality, I think at this point digital still has more dynamic range, and depending on your system, the friction actually does wear out frequencies through repeated platings.

That said, it’s my preferred way of listening. Forces you to commit to an album and really get into it.

Vinyl has had a comeback, sure. But a vinyl exclusive for a song we've talked about for years?

Personally I buy CDs and rip them to listen on the go. The booklet/physical copy is a keepsake and I can play the MP3 in the car on via in-home streaming. The band gets paid, I get a handy backup in case of hard drive crash. Vinyl just isn't in the mix and hasn't been for me since about 1989.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2023, 05:45:40 AM »

I believe current sales figures show that vinyl beats out CDs in sales. Now, is it as high as streaming or digital downloads? No. But I don’t know that niche thing is accurate with vinyl.

I'm all for a vinyl release alongside a digital release. I like vinyl but it is considered a niche market nowadays. I would buy vinyl as a collectors thing, then I would buy the tape or cd and play that, this is going back in time lol
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2023, 05:47:42 AM »

Vinyl has had a comeback, sure. But a vinyl exclusive for a song we've talked about for years?

Personally I buy CDs and rip them to listen on the go. The booklet/physical copy is a keepsake and I can play the MP3 in the car on via in-home streaming. The band gets paid, I get a handy backup in case of hard drive crash. Vinyl just isn't in the mix and hasn't been for me since about 1989.

Back in the day when coloured vinyl and picture discs were an exciting find in the record store
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2023, 07:07:39 AM »

More because physical media music is becoming a niche market vs vinyl NOT being a niche market.

I'd be shocked if the song wasn't released digitally.  Especially if they want it played on any broadcast forum (satellite, radio, etc).  If it's really a B side and they don't want anyone to hear it, maybe.  But I sort of doubt thats the case.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2023, 10:55:11 AM »

It says online this year that only 15% of people own a record player, and half the people who buy vinyl don't own a record player, that seems reasonable.
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2023, 04:26:35 PM »

It says online this year that only 15% of people own a record player, and half the people who buy vinyl don't own a record player, that seems reasonable.

I was definitely in one of those groups for a few years before I was in the other group.

As a matter of fact, I bought CD on vinyl in 2008 on release, and didn’t have a way to play it until 2022.

Sounded great by the way. And glad I bought it back then as it seems hard to find now.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2023, 02:25:21 PM »

This may be a dumb question.  Will hardly be my first.

This being released on vinyl only...does this mean it will not be available on iTunes/Apple Music?  Spotify?

I'd happily support the band any way I can.  I legit bought the digital singles for 'Absurd', 'Hard Skool', and 'Perhaps'.

But if my only option is ripping it off YouTube, I will 100% go that route if its my only avenue.

Anyone know, either way?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: