Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  B-sides with a touch of Slash and Duff
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: B-sides with a touch of Slash and Duff  (Read 4490 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2023, 06:03:35 PM »

Perhaps is solid and I think the lyrics are great. Axl showing contrition and empathy to others and himself….very impressed.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2023, 06:47:25 PM »

Perhaps is solid and I think the lyrics are great. Axl showing contrition and empathy to others and himself….very impressed.

Exactly on point with how I feel about Perhaps. It has made me appreciate Hard Skool & Absurd even more and has pulled me back into playing CD daily.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2023, 07:34:50 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1513648772798987&set=gm.10160529143510091&idorvanity=2346615090

Is this an official statement from the band?

Because it is written that Perhaps is a new single written and recorded by Axl, Slash and Duff, this year. and that is just not true.

The statement came in a press release from Audacy. Not sure if it came from the band, or from that company. It also appeared on gnrmerch.com and was modified there - it now reads:

"Guns N’ Roses return with a single entitled “Perhaps” out now via Geffen Records. It stands out as the legendary rock band’s first release since 2021. The 7” includes the R-Side, “The General.”"

It no longer mentions songwriting credits. Slash may get a songwriting credit in the end because he added guitar parts. The band has always tinkered with songs for years. Nothing new.

Thank you, I just do not understand why Slash would get credit for writing guitar parts when he did not get them in Estranged for instance.

Actually in the anniversary release of the Use You Illusions albums Slash does in fact get writing credits for Estranged. As does Duff and |Izzy (that should male you happy) hihi

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2023, 07:40:44 PM »

Mr Mojo, Damn, same here….I’ve rotated all the “Chinese” officially released songs for the last two days. As each song comes out you have more respect for the variety of songs those guys were creating. You also have more respect for Axl and his ability to go from one genre to another.

I’m happy we are getting more and more of whatever his vision was. The only two projects that didn’t flesh out, that are comparable to Chinese, are The Who “Lifehouse” and The Beach Boys “Smile”. Lifehouse turned in to Who’s Next (9 songs) and Smile turned in to Smiley Smile (11 songs).

Both projects released a lot of songs from the recording sessions that are classics in their catalog.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2023, 09:55:08 PM »

It's funny that this is being tied into the "redemption arc" for Axl when the lyrics were written in 2000.  hihi

I don't know how much I'd read into the lyrics. They aren't particularly clear in their message, or who it's directed at. Some lines seem directed at himself, but others are clearly not. Like other songs (Sorry comes to mind), he keeps his cards close to his chest in terms of who or what the songs are really about.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2023, 10:37:52 AM »

Except these songs are written and almost completed with other artists.

LOL

Does it bother you that much that Izzy didn't write it?

Reckless Life was written and completed with other artists. Do you dislike the song?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2023, 01:54:04 PM »

The simple fact is that all those songs were written and performed under Guns recording contract with Geffen/Universal.

A lot people were involved!

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2023, 05:04:23 PM »

These are definitely NOT new songs, since we have had access to the original demos, we have heard them, at least for some years so far.

These are NEW songs just because they got leaked years ago when we were never supposed to hear them doesn't mean they are not NEW. Slash does not have an ego when you consider the fact he knows how much playing the Chidem songs means to axl and how much effort he put into those songs.

As I have stated GNR fans might be the most fickle fans iv seen because they put out new songs regardless of when they were initially created or who was initially on them and people complain. I think some of the people that come here must have loved the years of absolutely nothing no new songs, no touring, Slash & Duff come back still not enough.
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2023, 06:27:02 PM »

It's a damn shame Use Your Illusion contained songs like Live and Let Die and Knockin on Heaven's Door. Slash and Duff (and IZZY!) didn't write those songs and just played guitar/bass parts that other musicians did before!

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2023, 06:58:04 PM »

Hell, Slash released a song in 2014 that was already released as a demo in 2010. Nobody complained about that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsKj9t1t_r0&pp=ygUOc2xhc2ggZGVtbyAjMTY%3D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAiKqqWfW2U&pp=ygUQc2xhc2ggc2FmYXJpIGlubg%3D%3D

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2023, 10:13:02 AM »

Remember in 2005 when Izzy released a song called Bomb with a riff that sounded like Do It For The Kids by Velvet Revolver that was released in 2004?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2023, 10:51:59 AM »

Remember in 2005 when Izzy released a song called Bomb with a riff that sounded like Do It For The Kids by Velvet Revolver that was released in 2004?

Izzy has another song 'Bombs Away' that has a hint of Bad Obsession going on

/jarmo

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2023, 02:25:07 PM »

/jarmo

Recorded in 2003.... but doesn't really matter. Both are great rockers.

Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2023, 04:22:28 PM »

Remember two weeks ago when Neil Young released an album recorded in the 70´s?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2023, 05:14:07 PM »

Recorded in 2003.... but doesn't really matter. Both are great rockers.

Sure.

But both songs written and recorded by different artists. Wonder if it bothers Carlos that both songs sound so similar and VR released theirs first...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2023, 06:22:37 PM »

Exactly on point with how I feel about Perhaps. It has made me appreciate Hard Skool & Absurd even more and has pulled me back into playing CD daily.

Haha.  Same.

Whenever any leaks would come out, I would always be drawn back into a CD rabbit hole for a week or two.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2023, 06:23:40 PM »

But both songs written and recorded by different artists. Wonder if it bothers Carlos that both songs sound so similar and VR released theirs first...

Carlos just wants it to be 1988 in perpetuity.

I get the feeling he'd take 1991, in a pinch.  But nothing after that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: