Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:11:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Soul Monster
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soul Monster  (Read 1408 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« on: August 19, 2023, 08:06:18 PM »

A) I really hope they keep this track titled "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul" which is actually the most badass song title I've heard in ages.

B) I know this is ancient but in the ongoing argument about "there are no songs with vocals," why is this overlooked? Axl literally said back in the forum chats:

"The bridge in "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka The Soul Monster (working title Leave Me Alone)" which will no doubt end up "Soul Monster".

I think it's r most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward."

Sang it on a Christmas eve sure makes it sound like there are vocals...
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 08:41:06 PM »

Hopefully fans support these new singles so we can continue to get more of them in future years. Would definitely love to hear Soul Monster as well as the other songs Axl has mentioned over the years.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 09:43:31 PM »

Hopefully fans support these new singles so we can continue to get more of them in future years. Would definitely love to hear Soul Monster as well as the other songs Axl has mentioned over the years.

Agreed, 100%.

Perhaps is really good and actually pulled me back into Absurd & Hard Skool, which then sucked me back into Chinese Democracy. Had been at least a year for CD. So for me, a hard core fan since August 1987....GN'R is back in my life. Kind of bummed now I didn't see them in Hershey.

As for Soul Monster, I haven't heard that one. I love Quick Song, The Rebel, especially Eye on You & Devious Bastard.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: