Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:56:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Sued By Former Model Who Alleges He Sexually Assaulted Her In 1989
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Sued By Former Model Who Alleges He Sexually Assaulted Her In 1989  (Read 4789 times)
tim_m
Legend

« on: November 22, 2023, 05:33:30 PM »

https://deadline.com/2023/11/axl-rose-sexual-assault-lawsuit-1989-1235634655/
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 06:52:58 PM »

Yikes. I hope it's not true, but if we're being honest, it's not like it isn't plausible given Axl's temperament back then.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 07:19:57 PM »

Yikes. I hope it's not true, but if we're being honest, it's not like it isn't plausible given Axl's temperament back then.

Agreed, before many years of therapy he wasn't known for his even keeled temperament.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 07:25:36 PM by tim_m » Logged
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 08:18:28 PM »

For those looking for the Cliffs notes, these are old allegations that have made the rounds several times. However New York removed the statute of limitations on civil lawsuits over sexual assault. This was filed days before that exemption expires.

She even wrote a book that included details of her allegations.

Other people were allegedly present for at least part of her claims which should make them easier to confirm/deny.
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 08:44:36 PM »

She was interviewed in a BBC documentary in 2021 and said the following:

"We start like having sex. It was consented. I allowed it to happen and it was okay and he was fine."

"I didn't consider it rape. It was consensual. That's why i didn't go to the police."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 10:04:17 PM »

For those looking for the Cliffs notes, these are old allegations that have made the rounds several times. However New York removed the statute of limitations on civil lawsuits over sexual assault. This was filed days before that exemption expires.

Other people were allegedly present for at least part of her claims which should make them easier to confirm/deny.
There were several suits similar to this filed today against multiple celebrities.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 10:34:59 PM »

There were several suits similar to this filed today against multiple celebrities.

Any on Trump? 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 10:40:13 PM »

Axl denies it.  https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/22/axl-rose-denies-sexual-assault-claim-penthouse-model-lawsuit/

That's a pretty quick response.  They must have tried for a settlement before they brought the suit.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 11:06:54 PM »

Any on Trump? 

Nope, there was one on Steven Tyler and Ahmet Ertegun who isn't even alive anymore..
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 02:38:00 AM »

Old story she told already years ago
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2023, 02:35:12 PM »

"We start like having sex. It was consented. I allowed it to happen and it was okay and he was fine."

"I didn't consider it rape. It was consensual. That's why i didn't go to the police."

If she said it was consensual before, on camera, and then is changing her story to beat the deadline and cash in, I have a hard time believing this goes very far. 2021 was full "me too" era so she'd have no reason to lie. She would have had an army at her back.
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2023, 05:34:41 PM »

Do you have a link for the documentary?

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2023, 07:35:15 PM »

These types of allegations can be so unfair.
The defendant has his name and reputation ruined, and can’t mount a defense as all the evidence is lost to the decades. So it’s basically one person’s word against another in an atmosphere in the press of “believe ALL victims no matter what.” Even when lawsuits fail or criminal charges are exonerated, the damage is still done.
This feels more like someone trying to get a settlement.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2023, 09:55:47 PM »

Any on Trump? 

Nope, there was one on Steven Tyler and Ahmet Ertegun who isn't even alive anymore..

Steven Tyler, really doesn't remember.   hihi  Did you see him on Two and a Half Men?

Whatever happens with this, I don't believe Axl is the same guy he was back then.

bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2023, 11:21:42 PM »

Do you have a link for the documentary?

Go to 56 minutes and 9 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpIV9VrP6DY
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2023, 06:01:43 AM »

"It was consensual"

case closed.

weird defense anyway

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2023, 10:12:13 AM »

Here is what is wrong with the world today because now if you question the woman's stance your a victim blamer and question her motives which is not necessarily wrong because to many situations now have proven people are looking for a payout. Look at what just happened with Diddy you get all these allegations and next day oh its handled. So then you understand why its hard for women to come forward with an assault because they get questioned typically more then the one they are accusing. Im sure based on Axl's history especially at that time in his life when you hear the stories from Erin Everly's and Stephanie Seymour's of the world that im sure whatever the relationship was could have been volatile at best but doesn't mean he forced her to do anything.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2023, 01:36:52 PM »

Here is what is wrong with the world today because now if you question the woman's stance your a victim blamer and question her motives which is not necessarily wrong because to many situations now have proven people are looking for a payout. Look at what just happened with Diddy you get all these allegations and next day oh its handled. So then you understand why its hard for women to come forward with an assault because they get questioned typically more then the one they are accusing. Im sure based on Axl's history especially at that time in his life when you hear the stories from Erin Everly's and Stephanie Seymour's of the world that im sure whatever the relationship was could have been volatile at best but doesn't mean he forced her to do anything.

I hear ya.  As a woman, you feel like you can't publicity question her actions when you're sitting there asking yourself where's the personal responsibility?  Children can't protect themselves, adults can.  There's plenty of opportunities in her story where she could have walked away.  Started with the kind of party she was at.

Axl, as you say, at that time in his life, it's believable on some level.  And god damn it, the past is never far behind.  Like her, she can't let it go and now, probably when he wasn't prepared, it's come up again.  I don't think a lawsuit is going to settle it for either of them.  And to make matters worse, public opinion has been brought into it.

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2023, 03:24:14 PM »

While I doubt the allegations, I do wonder if the song Pretty Tied Up will be entered into evidence.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2023, 03:43:34 PM »

The fact that she comes out 34 years later the day that the statue of limitations expires makes it hard for me to believe her. Also she is on camera saying she consented.

Millions of women suffer physical, sexual and psychological abuse by their husbands, boyfriends, employers, relatives. These cash grab cases that emerged in the recent years will make people more skeptical when victims report abuse in the future. I wish the public would be as interested in the pain that women have to go through everyday behind close doors as they are in these type of "scandals". Angry
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 03:45:31 PM by Natalie » Logged

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23